Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Not reading boost in 1 or 2

676 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  TomatoSoup 
#1 ·
Hey All, New 2nd owner of 07 GXP with 109k on it. Well kept car, runs good but noticed that I'm getting 0-2 psi in first and second gear but 14-16 in 3rd and 4th. I have only had the car a week and have not done anything to it yet. will be doing all fluids this weekend but is there anything else i should be looking out for? We laso have a 15 Regal GS that will boost full in all gears so not sure where to start. NO CEL and no weird noises. I do hear the boost dump alot more than I was expecting but its also alot smaller and less insulated than the regal.
thanks in advance

#2 ·
Is that in spirited driving? In normal driving with the first couple of gears I found to almost never actually get on it hard enough to where ecm would need boost to archive commanded torque. Unless I need to make a quick pool, and then there is not enough time to watch a boost gauge in first gear.

#3 ·
That's pretty normal. You either are not accelerating hard in 1st/2nd so not building boost, or you are pushing hard, but then spend so little time in those gears that the boost doesn't have time to build and/or register on the gauge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.