Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Post your Pic of your New GXP HERE !!

162K views 402 replies 266 participants last post by  G-Ram 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
THANKS IN ADVANCE !!

We can now see all the colors on one thead.

hayabusa

OK who wants to kick this off.

Attachments

See less See more
#47 ·
ChopSui that picture rocks. I had a terrible time trying to pick a color for my GXP. I like pure, mysterious, sly, and mean. I'm still not sure which color I like best or if it's even possible to have a favorite, but I don't think I will dislike my mysterious when it comes.

#50 ·
GOT IT!!! 2007 Sly Solstice GXP (photos to follow)

Dealer called today and went and picked my car up and I couldn't be more pleased! :) :) :) No one posted pics of the Sly GXP so I will take some pics in the morning and post here.

#54 ·
Thank ya thank ya! :)
I had so many questions buying a car sight unseen, I wanted to know the interior differences between the Sol and the Sol GXP and figured someone else may as well. I love it! The upgraded ragtop cuts down on so much road noise and I am loving the door lock button on the door.

#56 ·
#57 ·
Congratulations to another GXP owner, enjoy it. :party:

#87 ·
dealer sticker

not much yet, but here they are..... (I hope)
nice car girl.....but....you got to get that dealer sticker taken off that back of that awesome ride......unless they're paying ya to advertise for them. i told my dealer at delivery to make sure to remove dealer decals.....take it back to the dealership to remove them...thats the first thing that caught my eye.

#61 ·
From Shaking Hands Cool GXP!! Short initial impressions.

Still shaking, but a little better. :)

As we walked into the dealership service place, I see my Solstice up on the lifts. Took some photos of the underside - it was so clean!!

Since I was planning to do most of the work on the car by myself, the view under provided a wealth of info.

Took it for a spin (about a mile or so) and it felt good. Not great, but good. Exactly like holding your baby for the first time.

Didn't stall it the first time - just a little jumpy. Clutch release is very short.
Felt very tight. I was also wearing the wrong footwear - a pair of boots that communicated very little.

Here are some initial photos - rail dust and all. As we finished the paper work, it went real dark and massive thunderstorms rolled in. Some cultures think that is a good omen, but I was not willing to push my luck (40 miles to the safety of my home), so I reluctantly left my baby there - to be picked up early tomorrow.

Keep clicking NEXT..

Will post more. I think I might get some photos of my car being assembled inside the plant soon..

#63 · (Edited)
I am trying again to post the link to my first pictures. Will get more, but it is raining today:(
1-at dealer with shipping stuff still on
2-New GXP with my 1st Sol
3-Home at last
4-My GXP (-is coming!)

http://photos.yahoo.com/uptownmarie@sbcglobal.net

Attachments

#67 ·
Finally picked up my DEEP GXP last night… :woo:
:party: :party: :party:
Incredible thanks to Kathy and N2My Sol for the weekly updates! It made that waiting a little more bearable!

As far as a review of the car…I got back late last night and had to work all day today. So…during my lunch I put about 30 miles on it. Jumping on the highway…Oh My God! In the time it takes to sneeze…you are already at 100! At 100 mph, it still wants to keep going. You will have to really watch it with this one. It is too easy to just go!!!

The best word I can come up with is Insane! :dthumbs:

#68 ·
Finally picked up my DEEP GXP last night
Incredible thanks to Kathy and N2My Sol for the weekly updates! It made that waiting a little more bearable!

As far as a review of the car…I got back late last night and had to work all day today. So…during my lunch I put about 30 miles on it. Jumping on the highway…Oh My God! In the time it takes to sneeze…you are already at 100! At 100 mph, it still wants to keep going. You will have to really watch it with this one. It is too easy to just go!!!

The best word I can come up with is Insane! :dthumbs:
So much for the "break in" period ;) :lol: ...

#74 ·
Here's mine. :)

#75 ·
#76 ·
Ain't no way I'm putting a front plate on mine, it just kills it. I'm sure the officers in NJ are going to repeatedly nail me for it, but I don't care. It's not a points ticket, so I'll just pay the fine. I'm going to put a tint cover on the rear plate too. They're going to pull me over anyway for looking 15 years old and driving this car so what's the difference.