Quick-Jack 5000 SLX for Solstice Safe? - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By pyrofreek

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

Quick-Jack 5000 SLX for Solstice Safe?

Good day, has anyone considered or actually purchased a Quick-Jack to use with the Solstice? my concern is if you read about the quick jack it notes the lift points have to be in-line with each other. official documentation I have for the Solstice shows the front lift point is in-ward and not in line with the side rear one? Did anyone ever use the quick-jack safely with a Solstice? or crazy idea for our cars? thank you- Charles2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 06:39 PM

Garage
Ive had my for three years and I love it . But its the 3500 SLX just the right size but be sure to use rubber blocks that come with it.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 07:05 AM
sjw

Use mine regularly with no issues. The lifts do end up at a slight angle but are perfectly stable.

2008 GXP (?)hp on Werks Mustang Dyno
Werks LS3 Conversion
1 7/8 in custom Werks headers
BTR Stage 2 blower cam
DDM Backbone
Kapasphere ReBar
BG Racing coilovers
Norms rear diffuser, fenders, one off hood. Werks Gurney Flap.
Edelbrock EForce supercharger. Water/meth injection. GM 6L90, trans brake and 2 step. DSS Ford 9in IRS rear conversion, drive shaft and axles. Werks roll bar. Line lock. CCW D540 wheels. MT drag radials. Recaro seats.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 06:44 AM

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
Put the lift points under the slots in the frame. They are aligned and are better than the forward “jacking point” which will bend with repeated use. See my entry on adding shoes to Punisher.

The critical dimension is the spacing between the lift points. The 3500 is just the right length to access the two frame slots. I don’t have the dimensions of the 5000 but I am sure it’s heavier and requires more effort every time you have to lug it around.

Rob the Elder

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 50 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
Punisher thread index
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post1765649
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post2067289

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 07:10 AM

Garage
is anybody using the 5000SLX? home depot has them "pro special buy of the week".

i see that the 3500 works but i would like one that i can put my FJC up on as well. just wanted to see if anybody had run into issues with the lifting points.

thanks
showtime likes this.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 09:42 AM

Location: at the snow white beaches of north west florida...or in the shop, but never on the couch. possibly playing pool.or eating
I had thought about getting 2 of the harbinger of fright lifts like this( motor cycle lift...big motor cycle lift) for my 356. I now wish when I built my shop I had done it with 12' ceilings or more for a nice inside lift like my brother has..or a better one!!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 09:48 AM

BL-3500SLX SPECIFICATIONS
Lifting point spread 26.75 - 50.5 (679 mm - 1,283 mm)

BL-5000SLX SPECIFICATIONS
Lifting point spread 29.5 - 60 (749 mm - 1,524 mm)

The 3500 fits the lift points just right. I am not sure if adding 9.5 inches will work. Measure your lift points and see if it fits. It might. :-)

Since the jacks need to be parallel with each other and the car being lifted, recommend you go with the frame and not the front lifting pad as it will cause the jacks to be angled so both ends are on a hard point.

My experience with the 3500 is it JUST fits at the narrowest adjustment available.

Rob the Elder

Punisher's Daddy

Punisher's story
Punisher thread index

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Rob_the_elder, excellent advice as always, would it be a big imposition for a picture of where your 3500 is actually aligned with the car for the lifting? I am considering strongly purchasing one for my car but the whole not -in-line- confuses and concerns me. I have seen pictures of where the lift points vs. jack points etc.. but I want to be 100% sure. would it be possible once again for a picture -- would be greatly appreciated.

- Charles
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 01:25 PM
sjw

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrofreek View Post
is anybody using the 5000SLX? home depot has them "pro special buy of the week".

i see that the 3500 works but i would like one that i can put my FJC up on as well. just wanted to see if anybody had run into issues with the lifting points.

thanks
I have the 5000 and it works just fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	quik jak 1.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	98871   Click image for larger version

Name:	quik jak 2.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	98873  

Werks LS3 Conversion
BTR Stage 2 blower cam
DDM Backbone
Kapasphere ReBar
BG Racing coilovers
Edelbrock EForce supercharger. Water/meth injection. GM 6L90, trans brake and 2 step. DSS Ford 9in IRS rear conversion, drive shaft and axles. Werks roll bar. Line lock. CCW D540 wheels. MT drag radials. Recaro seats.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

The lift points are used? (BY the way your car is really clean and nice -- the back of the car that is not stock correct? ) -- but very nice. I want to be sure where I put the 'included rubber blocks' are you using the large ones etc?? could you perhaps; sorry to ask so much; detail the spots where the blocks lift the car? from what I can see it looks in line with each other correct? front to back?

thank you - Charles
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 02:52 PM

a thought.... I see the 'jacks' are not anchored or restrained from moving, so why can't you slide them to the proper angle to pick up the required lifting point pads

Bill
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 03:16 PM

Because they rotate as ther raise. The lift cylinder imparts a rotation to the rear. If they are not aligned, the motion, which is several inches, will result in unstable forces as the jacks side motion works against each other. They need to be parallel with each other so there is no side mogipn

Rob the Elder

Punisher's Daddy

Punisher's story
Punisher thread index

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 07:54 AM
sjw

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles2010 View Post
The lift points are used? (BY the way your car is really clean and nice -- the back of the car that is not stock correct? ) -- but very nice. I want to be sure where I put the 'included rubber blocks' are you using the large ones etc?? could you perhaps; sorry to ask so much; detail the spots where the blocks lift the car? from what I can see it looks in line with each other correct? front to back?

thank you - Charles
The rubber blocks are very close to the factory lifting points. Im using the shorter blocks due to the reduced ground clearance on my car. The front of the jacks are slightly inboard. The jack has always operated smoothly up and down with the lifts in this position. I would take some pics for you but I no longer own the car. The rear valance is a Norms Fiberglass piece.

Werks LS3 Conversion
BTR Stage 2 blower cam
DDM Backbone
Kapasphere ReBar
BG Racing coilovers
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 10:07 AM

Hello,

I have the QuickJack 5000SLX and have used it to lift my Solstice more than once. My car has been lowered a bit, and I use the short blocks that come with the lift. This lift also works on my '82 Chevy S10 truck and my '17 WRX. The WRX is a bit tricky since it uses the pinch block lift blocks, and they can be a bit fussy to align.

Jay Vessels
2006 Solstice, Mysterious 5-speed
Lexington, KY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode