Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Seat Back Latches Seem Stuck!

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ColoradoGXP 
#1 ·
Doing some detailing work today and finally tried to tip the 08 GXP seats forward with the very tiny latches on the upper outside of the seat. They seem stuck and I don't want to break them. Any ideas? Anything really worthwhile behind the seats? Also, finally got around to the power seat height adjustment and gained an extra inch or so ... all worth it and my old knees are very thankful!

#2 ·
Check that the seats are not moved to the rear and putting pressure on the seat back latch. Move them forward slightly to make sure the latches are not loaded and see if they cycle.

I have never seen one fail let alone two. You need to be able to get at the back of the seat to maintain them :)

You really need to find some time to bring your car down and put it on the lift so we can do a full inspection.

#3 ·
Thanks Rob, I will slide the seats forward (Duh, did not think off that.) and try. Also will try to beat the coming winter weather and drive down. But I had not wanted to do a lot of continuous high speed driving (like on metro Denver's E470 down to Parker) until getting new tires in the Spring.

#5 ·
Find a nice weekend and cruise down. We can go over the car and check it out

If the tires are not badly checked they should make the trip ok

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.