Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Stuck key GXP

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Ucne 
#1 ·
Hi everyone I hope this finds you doing better than me and my GXP I have had my GXP for a little over two months now never had any starting issues showed my brother the engine the other day and started it up for him no problems couple days later tried to start the GXP and nothing happened would not crank and now the key is stuck in the ignition please help!

#2 ·
bad battery

get a jump to get the key out, then buy a new car battery

#3 ·
Yeah, bad battery.

I assume yours is an auto transmission, which is why you can't remove the key. From my understanding, there should be an access panel below the key on the steering column that you can peel open and press inside to release the latch and remove the key.

#5 ·
Thanks I just got word that after I ordered my new battery=TomatoSoup;2185217]Yeah, bad battery.

I assume yours is an auto transmission, which is why you can't remove the key. From my understanding, there should be an access panel below the key on the steering column that you can peel open and press inside to release the latch and remove the key.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.