Trifecta tune-now car won't run - Page 5 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 12:08 PM

Garage
You pay the extra for the custom tune if you think you are doing something Trifecta won't necessarily have a suitable tune for already. They have the basic catch-all for 99% of cars that covers the usual minor stuff - exhausts air filters and such.

I logged my car because I had added a big wheel K04 turbo. At that point, back in 2009/2010, Trifecta had tuned Cobalts with that mod, but not Kappas and I wanted to be sure everything was dialed in properly. If you aren't doing anything like that to your car, you won't pick up much, if anything by using the more expensive logged tune, IMO.

Current fleet:
1957 Jamaican bodied MGA
1958 MGA Twin Cam (race car)
1962 MGA Deluxe Coupe
1971 Jensen Interceptor
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe
2007 BMW Z4M coupe
Recently departed: 1965 Jensen CV8, 1969 Lamborghini Islero S, 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT, 1969 MGC roadster
Mods at https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...thread-102178/

Bill in BC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Does anyone have the part # for the bong extender for the O2 sensor? Sounds like I'll be needing one of those...
post #63 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 04:52 PM

I'm sure Solo Exhaust has them, or even the person you bought your down pipe from. I'm surprised it didn't come with it. So you know what you're looking for...the end that will go into the exhaust will be threaded on the outside, the other end will be threaded on the inside...IMSMC.... I don't use a HFC, so I've never seen one, I'm just going by memory and what others here have done with a HFC....

Solo Street Race exhaust
Fujita CAI
ASAP T2 stripes and badging
Windrestrictor V2 lighted in white
Windrestrictor lighted door sills lighted in white
DDM Works IC Piping
Undercar LEDs in white to match Windrestrictor

ZZPerformance dyno tuned - 286HP, 317ft/lbs of torque at 23psi of boost.
post #64 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 05:02 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to raygun
It's a pretty generic part. There are tons on Amazon. Just a piece of pipe that's threaded on one end and tapped on the other end.

Or, just do what the rest of us and use HPT to turn off the CEL for that code.

Blue-ish 2006 2.4, Werks stage 1 turbo, Borla cat-back, DDM braces, Spec aluminum flywheel, Spec stage 2 clutch, Werks aluminum radiator, some gauges, RKSport hood, Morimoto FX-Rs, GReddy Profec, Norm's fenders

'07 GXP, Werks Big Wheel K04 and tune, Solo catless downpipe, TCE Wilwood 6 piston front brakes, 4-piston rears , stainless brake lines, slotted/drilled rotors, BC Racing BR coilovers, Performance Autowerks intercooler, DDMWorks CAI, charge pipes and braces, RPM rollbar

Last edited by raygun; 06-02-2019 at 05:32 PM.
post #65 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

UPDATE: Man, I must be on a bad episode of some reality show. Turns out the Chevy dealer ordered the wrong ECM! Dave said he has used ones for $200...will the beating ever end? About ready to stick the barrel of a .45 in my mouth and call it quits...meanwhile, car sits dead in the parking lot while the summer clock keeps ticking...
post #66 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlass View Post
UPDATE: Man, I must be on a bad episode of some reality show. Turns out the Chevy dealer ordered the wrong ECM! Dave said he has used ones for $200...will the beating ever end? About ready to stick the barrel of a .45 in my mouth and call it quits...meanwhile, car sits dead in the parking lot while the summer clock keeps ticking...
Take Dave up on his offer and fight the battle to get your money back from the dealer separately, with your car running. If necessary, dispute the charge on your credit card (let the dealer know first that you are willing to do so...too many disputes costs them in higher processing fees).
raygun likes this.
post #67 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 08:00 PM

I warned you about this!! Make 100% sure that you get you're money back from the dealer. They were supposed to use your VIN to order that part, so it's on them!!! Make sure they refund your money 100%

Solo Street Race exhaust
Fujita CAI
ASAP T2 stripes and badging
Windrestrictor V2 lighted in white
Windrestrictor lighted door sills lighted in white
DDM Works IC Piping
Undercar LEDs in white to match Windrestrictor

ZZPerformance dyno tuned - 286HP, 317ft/lbs of torque at 23psi of boost.
post #68 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

You were right, Ghost! I'm just waiting to get it back from Dave, then I'm afraid they have to take it back and give me a refund. 100% their fault! I think I forgot what a Solstice looks like...
post #69 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 12:50 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to raygun
@jmlass Any news?

Blue-ish 2006 2.4, Werks stage 1 turbo, Borla cat-back, DDM braces, Spec aluminum flywheel, Spec stage 2 clutch, Werks aluminum radiator, some gauges, RKSport hood, Morimoto FX-Rs, GReddy Profec, Norm's fenders

'07 GXP, Werks Big Wheel K04 and tune, Solo catless downpipe, TCE Wilwood 6 piston front brakes, 4-piston rears , stainless brake lines, slotted/drilled rotors, BC Racing BR coilovers, Performance Autowerks intercooler, DDMWorks CAI, charge pipes and braces, RPM rollbar
post #70 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

I got my ECM from Dave today, after shipping it back once--he only put the base tune on it initially. It finally works! I only had time to take it for a quick spin, but the boost definitely hits 23 psi now! She goes through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd faster than the blink of an eye. It only took half of the summer, but I am finally looking forward to enjoying the ride and putting this whole debacle behind me. Anybody need a brand new ECM with the stock tune? Maybe I'll just keep it as a spare. Thanks everybody!
Retlaw likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode