(borrowed from corvetteforum)
1. Be sure of your facts and be ready to back them up.
2. Do not allow yourself to fall for inflammatory "bait".
3. Never fall into the trap of personal defamation.
4. Rise above your opponent when they resort to the tactics in #2 and
5. Be willing to concede, if necessary.
6. Respectfully agree to disagree.
These guidlines are good to keep in mind. Debates can happen anywhere in the forum.
Some topics in off topic have "emotional baggage" associated with them, and under normal rules can end up in flame wars and disrespectful posting. Such subjects (examples include but are not limited to: politics, religion, and other such controversial subjects) can be freely debated in a section called "The Wild West" https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...splay.php?f=54
This section is twwpassword protected. The password is
Keep in mind, this specific section is not subject to normal constraints of moderation, and debated topics can become very heated and emotional. Do not enter the section if you are thin skinned, or get upset while debating on a forum. General rules are still simple, no name calling, profanity, personal attacks, attempt to maintain civility and respect. However, except for the most blatant rule violations (personal attacks and/or repeated name calling) for the most part this section is "self-moderated". Do not enter The Wild West and then call for help if you get your feelings hurt.