Another Innovative Product From Kappasphere! [seat belt-X-tender] - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys
Yeah, we enjoy coming up with products that make life easier on a day to day basis. We noticed the seat belt issue awhile ago and it took us several weeks figure out how we'd make the belt-X-tender without altering the interior of the car... we know we didn't want to drill or cut anything. After that it took us several prototypes to figure out the right bend angles of the X-tender so it would fit like a glove and held the belt in place. So as far as it being like a coat hanger... It wasn't as simple as it looks

We would have liked to have powder coated it or even chromed it. The belt-X-tender is made in the U.S. and the costs were getting high and we want to keep it reasonable for you guys.

Neil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 09:18 AM
Founding Member

Stig,

Would it be feasible/possible/desirable to plastic coat it? There is a commercial product ("Plasti Dip") that is used for coating tool handles. Might work here as well!

Thanks,

--Chemist (I've been called a "dip", and I've bent some hangers in my time! )

Envious, ebony leather, loaded, DDM Stage II S/C, headers/cat/exhaust, 4-piston brakes/slotted rotors, Probeam, Backbone, Lil' Chromies, K-sphere pedals, Kazera KZ-L wheels, the TWEETY door unlock/lock button, High Note horn, Brushed Al door sills, etched/lighted WindRestrictor, white LED map/footwell lights, 3rd brake light pulser. --- She moves!
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 09:22 AM

Location: buzzard..what buzzard..do you see a buzzard..I didn't see a buzzard...or that little sparrow either- or dat squirrel
Hey Stig

just in case I missed this in your 1 of 5 set a month ago

What really irrates me at this time of year with the sun low in the sky
is the fact that once the sun dips below the top of the windshield I get a hell of a glare between the rear view mirror and the top.

I'd like to see either of the following

1. a 3m-type of film to go across the whole top about 4 inches wide and nice and dark to filter the sunlight.
2. some type of clip on device to extend the visors to cover the center section.

3. something similar of your own design

If this has already been addressed...just post the hyper-link

NEOKAPPA's

Some people grow old before their time...I choose to die before I grow old !

Druid (Cool) MERLIN came home 11-15-05 VIN 4495
Clear bra, Stubby antenna, Kappashield, mudguards, Black wheels with Hankook Ventus tires...CAI..SOLO SQR-2 with free flow CAT & SS header DDM Racing backbone and Pro-beam ..painted calipers and wheel center decals. 25% tint windshield ... Vertical Chrome billet grille .. 95K - stay tuned
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 09:28 AM

That's pretty cool! You guys are really on a role!

Serene will be a color! Even if only on one car.
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 10:20 AM
Founding Member

Garage
When they are black powder-coated, I'll buy a set... mostly to support you, since I really don't have an issue with the belts because I have tiny hands.

Aluminum door-sills, ala G6, would look awesome.

2009 Solstice GXP | Wicked with all the trimmings, including Solo exhaust, DDM Stage I brake kit, low flow catback, CAI, GM Stage II tune, DDMWorks brace package, Michelin Pilot SuperSport tires, and a from-scratch stereo install.

Sean + Molly Photographers
concART | Concert Photography
post #21 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemist
Stig,

Would it be feasible/possible/desirable to plastic coat it? There is a commercial product ("Plasti Dip") that is used for coating tool handles. Might work here as well!

Thanks,

--Chemist (I've been called a "dip", and I've bent some hangers in my time! )
I'd definately consider buying it if it was plastic coated, but as it is now, it just looks too cheap. Sorry!
post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig
Thanks guys
Yeah, we enjoy coming up with products that make life easier on a day to day basis. We noticed the seat belt issue awhile ago and it took us several weeks figure out how we'd make the belt-X-tender without altering the interior of the car... we know we didn't want to drill or cut anything. After that it took us several prototypes to figure out the right bend angles of the X-tender so it would fit like a glove and held the belt in place. So as far as it being like a coat hanger... It wasn't as simple as it looks

We would have liked to have powder coated it or even chromed it. The belt-X-tender is made in the U.S. and the costs were getting high and we want to keep it reasonable for you guys.

Neil
Hey guys I saw one of the prototypes and it is definately NOT as easy as it looks. They were made out of solid Stainless Steel and could be Polished, Brushed, Primed and Painted, Power or Plastic coated. IMHO with a little personel attention they are easy to alter to your tasts. They are very conviently located. My original thought that they were not for me I think I have changed my mind.

Stig - I told you I could keep my mouth shut. Now what about the other little thingies?

VIN # 2980 Delivered 12/30/2005 "Desperado" is Cool, Sand & Steel, Premium, Power, Convenience, a/c, LSD, Antilock, 6 disk/MP3,Monsoon, Polished Wheels. KappaSphere CAI, KappaShield, Little Cromies and All Weather Floor Mats, GM Splash Guards, Dual Horns, Painted Engine Cover and Painted Calipers and Rotors, 50 GENK-30 Rear View Mirror.
post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikesan
$40 plus shipping for a couple of bent coat hangers?
Please refrain from bashing Supporting members in their product announcement threads. If you have an issue with a product you can start a new thread to discuss it, however these types of things are not tollerated in the announcement threads.

2006 Mysterious Solstice
2007 Mean Solstice GXP
2008 Velocity Yellow Corvette Coupe
post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 07:04 PM

ha ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELTGuy
post more pics of the chick.
yea what he said...lol
post #25 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyb
Who's the blonde?
That's Debra - not my wife Stacy. Debra is our Customer Service rep.
post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentil
Please refrain from bashing Supporting members in their product announcement threads. If you have an issue with a product you can start a new thread to discuss it, however these types of things are not tollerated in the announcement threads.

I don't think I "bashed" your supporting vendor on this one. Just gave my opinion on what I thought they looked like and a couple of other people apparently agree. $40 for a couple of uncoated bent stainless steel rods seems a little steep to me. I understand that you wish to protect your revenue stream, but when vendors put out new products, consumers ought to be able to voice an opinion. In the end, we all get better products and better value.

2006 Solstice Red. 4000 miles
2007 GT500 White/Blue. 3600 miles
2012 Camaro SS Convertible 45th Anniversary
1969 Buick GS400
1968 Mustang Coupe
1964 Buick Riviera
post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikesan
I don't think I "bashed" your supporting vendor on this one. Just gave my opinion on what I thought they looked like and a couple of other people apparently agree. $40 for a couple of uncoated bent stainless steel rods seems a little steep to me. I understand that you wish to protect your revenue stream, but when vendors put out new products, consumers ought to be able to voice an opinion. In the end, we all get better products and better value.
Mikesan, you have voiced your concern over the rule in a polite manner, I appreciate that! As Brentil said, it's OK to have an opinion against a vendor's product, just not in the announcement thread, the announcement thread is what they paid for. You are welcome to discuss the product as you wish in another thread, I hope you find that reasonable. Thanks for your understanding.

All of the animals except for man know that the principle business of life is to enjoy it.-- Samuel Butler

You can find me at the lake -- RODEOSOLSTICE @ YAHOO.COM
post #28 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RODEO
Mikesan, you have voiced your concern over the rule in a polite manner, I appreciate that! As Brentil said, it's OK to have an opinion against a vendor's product, just not in the announcement thread, the announcement thread is what they paid for. You are welcome to discuss the product as you wish in another thread, I hope you find that reasonable. Thanks for your understanding.
That is very reasonable and I will play nice in the future. Constructive criticism/comments in new threads only. Nothing negative in product announcements. Fair enough.

Here's an idea for the aftermarket: Blacked out taillight lens covers. With red blinkers and brake lights of course. Like on the 06 GTO. Would look good on every color, especially on black, blue, and red.

2006 Solstice Red. 4000 miles
2007 GT500 White/Blue. 3600 miles
2012 Camaro SS Convertible 45th Anniversary
1969 Buick GS400
1968 Mustang Coupe
1964 Buick Riviera
post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinoo
That's Debra - not my wife Stacy. Debra is our Customer Service rep.
OKAY, then post more pictures of her demonstrating your products...

BIX A BEL Cool, Ebony leather, Chrome, loaded, no XM/onstar Founding member of the "Lost Sols Club"
DDM stage III w/custom CAI
probeam, backbone, tower strut, Exedy Stage II clutch
JPM custom dash, center console, door inserts
Solo SQR2 with Norm's center defused panel
FucuzTech Tri-Y header and high flow cat
DDM Stage III Upgrade here
post #30 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 06:05 PM
Founding Member

I have a question regarding the seat belt extenders. If you are driving without a passenger, does the passenger seat belt clip rattle against the extender and make noise?

When I am driving without a passenger, I find that the passenger side seat belt clip moving around between the seat and the wall will make a rattling noise when I go over rough surfaces. I've taken to driving with the passenger side seat belt fastened just to get rid of the noise.

I'm wondering if the seat belt extender would help, make it worse, or just make no difference at all.

GXP, Sly w/ Black Leather Interior, Loaded
Mods - Solo Performance GXP RCD exhaust, IC pipes, GMPP Performance Upgrade Kit, Backbone Brace and Probeam.
Norms fiberglass rear diffuser, Smoked Headlights, Opel GT antenna, splash guards, custom illuminated Wind Restrictor, JPM leather visor covers, elbow pads and custom embroidered, leather covered center console.
Email me if you are interested in joining the Mid-Atlantic Solstice Sky Club (MASSC) for NJ, NY, PA, DE and MD[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode