Another Innovative Product From Kappasphere! [seat belt-X-tender] - Page 3 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 10:30 AM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikesan
I don't think I "bashed" your supporting vendor on this one. Just gave my opinion on what I thought they looked like and a couple of other people apparently agree. $40 for a couple of uncoated bent stainless steel rods seems a little steep to me. I understand that you wish to protect your revenue stream, but when vendors put out new products, consumers ought to be able to voice an opinion. In the end, we all get better products and better value.
Here'a a link to the same problem encountered with the vendor's thread on "lil chromies":
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/s...light=chromies

Amelia Clunkenquiet - She's cool and she made history.
My 2006 All American, Coast 2 Coast, Rt. 66 pics. 22 states, 9,000 miles in 4 weeks roadtrip.
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/...ad-trip-20928/
Founder MASC/MASSC
Founder - KAPPAS for the Cause http://www.sollivision.com
Contact [email protected] for info on MASC/MASSC.

2014 NASSM in the POCONOS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengel
I have a question regarding the seat belt extenders. If you are driving without a passenger, does the passenger seat belt clip rattle against the extender and make noise?

When I am driving without a passenger, I find that the passenger side seat belt clip moving around between the seat and the wall will make a rattling noise when I go over rough surfaces. I've taken to driving with the passenger side seat belt fastened just to get rid of the noise.

I'm wondering if the seat belt extender would help, make it worse, or just make no difference at all.
Dengel
We noticed the same thing to. Unless the passanger seat is all the way back it always fall behind the seat and rattles. But with the belt-X-tender it isn't the case because the passanger belt clip stays on the front of the seat.

Neil
post #33 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 04:06 PM

Just got my belt-X-tender set. After some time against my polishing wheel, the stainless takes a pretty shine, and they look great against my steel-sand seats. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like careful bending (per the instructions) just might address the belts sliding on the seat damage issue.
post #34 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WintR
... After some time against my polishing wheel, the stainless takes a pretty shine, and they look great against my steel-sand seats. ....
Pls post some pix. Sounds super!
post #35 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 04:12 PM

A couple of questions.

#1. I see that the end that does not hold the seat belt just ends straight. It isn't bent back/curved towards itself. So, any danger of this end pushing through the leather? I'm tentative before I hear much more on that one.

#2. Are they fitting fairly snuggly in the back pocket? For instance, do they move around after every few times of pulling on your seatbelt (making you have to put them back in place) or do they stay put?

#3. If your tall and your seat is already all the way back, does the seatbelt x-tender rattle against the back of the car?

VIN# 8902 Arrived 9 Feb 06
Deep, loaded. No smokers/XM/Onstar

Need info on an accessory or modification? Look no further!
Click here:
Mod Picture Index
post #36 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabrylm
A couple of questions.

#1. I see that the end that does not hold the seat belt just ends straight. It isn't bent back/curved towards itself. So, any danger of this end pushing through the leather? I'm tentative before I hear much more on that one.

#2. Are they fitting fairly snuggly in the back pocket? For instance, do they move around after every few times of pulling on your seatbelt (making you have to put them back in place) or do they stay put?

#3. If your tall and your seat is already all the way back, does the seatbelt x-tender rattle against the back of the car?
Not sure what you want to answer question #1, but yes, they fit rather snugly in the pocket, and, since being in the pocket makes them the rear-most part of the seat, they will contact the back of the car. I haven't driven with them in yet (snowing), so I can't say if they rattle.
Here are some links to pics; #1 and and #2 were shot with available light, and #3 with on-camera flash, which accounts for the color shift.
http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/43e3a06...Gg97DBgKMO9M5C
http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/43e3a06...Gg97DB48sHT9.8
http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/43e3a06...Gg97DBCqVluIm_
post #37 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 10:25 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to mcbman
Quote:
Originally Posted by WintR
Not sure what you want to answer question #1, but yes, they fit rather snugly in the pocket, and, since being in the pocket makes them the rear-most part of the seat, they will contact the back of the car. I haven't driven with them in yet (snowing), so I can't say if they rattle.
Here are some links to pics; #1 and and #2 were shot with available light, and #3 with on-camera flash, which accounts for the color shift.
http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/43e3a06...Gg97DBgKMO9M5C
http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/43e3a06...Gg97DB48sHT9.8
http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/43e3a06...Gg97DBCqVluIm_
Your PICS Link isn't working... ??

First 1000 Solstice Owner (#430 SLY)
post #38 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabrylm
A couple of questions.

Answers:

#1: No the tip will not rub against the leather.
#2: They are fairly snug, they stay put.
#3: The metal from the belt-X-tender does not touch the area behind the seat, so it will not rattle.

Neil
post #39 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbman
Your PICS Link isn't working... ??
Odd - worked when I tested it, but doesn't now.

To see the pics, try going to http://briefcase.yahoo.com/[email protected], click My Documents folder, then Solstice folder.

Guess Yahoo doesn't want to make it too easy to link to documents in the briefcase.
post #40 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 06:42 AM
LOST SOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspate
It would definitely be nice to see if you guys could perhaps black powder coat these for the ebony cloth and leather interiors to make them sort of blend in.
- bspate -
Great mod .... just looks a little "raw" MHO
post #41 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 11:24 AM

Kappasphere Belt-X-Tender

I am looking to buy a set of these. Also would be interested in the driver's side only.

Last edited by RedOne07; 05-06-2019 at 03:24 AM.
post #42 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne07 View Post
I am looking to buy a set of these. Also would be interested in the driver's. Side only.
Ummm... Are you aware that this is a 12-year-old thread?

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #43 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 11:29 AM

I am not sure why that is important.

Afterall, my car is 11 years old :-) and this thread has all information and photos of the product I am looking for.
post #44 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 12:08 PM

Garage
post #45 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne07 View Post
I am not sure why that is important.

Afterall, my car is 11 years old :-) and this thread has all information and photos of the product I am looking for.
True, but the organization that made and sold the product no longer exists. On the other hand it did get you information about a similar product, so ...

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode