DDMWorks Header information - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

DDMWorks Header information

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce another new product for the Solstice/Sky. It is a 4 into 1 Header designed for those that are, or will be making serious power with their Kappa's. Here is some information:

4-1 Header:

The header is a 4 into 1 design using 1 ¾” primary tubes to a 3” formed collector. One O2 sensor bung is located in the collector. The flange is a V-band style for a great seal as well as ease of install and adequate clearance. This header is specifically designed for use with a supercharged or nitrous injected engine, and to allow a balance of low end torque and hi RPM horse power.

A combination of Mig and Gas welding is used to build the header. The tubing and collector are nice and thick 14 gage mild steel (.083 wall thickness). The header flanges are 3/8” laser cut mild steel. The V-band flange and O2 bung are also mild steel. The primary tubes range from 20 ½” to 27 ½”. Though this is not an “equal length” (“tuned”) header, care was taken to reduce the amount of bends for a balance between optimal exhaust flow, appearance and fit/clearance. The collector is 5” over-all to allow ease of installation. With the hi-flow cat converter attached, the collector is extended an additional 8”, for a total of 13” overall.

Price - $435

Hi flow cat

The high flow cat is a hi-flow converter using a spiral wound metallic core substrate and flows approximately 525 cfm. The body is made of 409 stainless steel. The inlet is 3” 304 stainless steel and the outlet is 2 ½” stainless steel. One 304 stainless O2 bung is welded behind the converter body. A 2 ½” stainless extension with ball/socket and collar will be included.

Price - $285

“off-road” pipe

An “off-raod” pipe or “extended hook-up pipe” (without cat converter) can also be ordered.
Built as converter above with 3” inlet and 2 ½” outlet.

Price - $230

We will also offer O2 sensor extension cables for $55 to extend both O2 sensors, this makes it a true plug and play set-up.

We are going to be offering doing an introductory price on this set-up. The regular price will be $720 for the header and high flow cat, however the first 5 sets will go out the door for only $647! If you are one of the first 10 DDMWorks supercharger owners, give us a call, we are going to do something a little better for you!

We have included a couple pics of the system for everyones enjoyment. One pic is of the header, another pic is of the entire system, and one pic with a Focuztech header for comparison. You can really see that this thing is made to flow some air and make some power!

As usual if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Take Care,
Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DDMworks 4-1 Solstice Header 001 resize.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	11685   Click image for larger version

Name:	DDMworks 4-1 Solstice Header 002 resize.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	11686   Click image for larger version

Name:	DDMworks 4-1 Solstice Header 005 resize.jpg
Views:	735
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	11687  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 06:54 PM

Any dyno runs showing before and after?

BIX A BEL Cool, Ebony leather, Chrome, loaded, no XM/onstar Founding member of the "Lost Sols Club"
DDM stage III w/custom CAI
probeam, backbone, tower strut, Exedy Stage II clutch
JPM custom dash, center console, door inserts
Solo SQR2 with Norm's center defused panel
FucuzTech Tri-Y header and high flow cat
DDM Stage III Upgrade here
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Yeap! I will get some posted up here next week once we get back from a little R&R this weekend.

Dave
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 09:07 PM

What are they coated with?

Live... Laugh... Love like rabbits!!!

Last edited by DeepSolGXP; 09-06-2007 at 09:11 PM.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 08:19 AM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hello Everyone,

As usual if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Take Care,
Dave
OK, Dave! Here's my question:

What would it cost me (rough estimate) to have your shop install the S/C, headers, and cat, assuming I can get my car to SC from TX? (Road trip!! )

I've started the "Forced Induction Fund" and am trying to put together an approximate bottom line for this benefit.

Thanks.

--Chemist

Envious, ebony leather, loaded, DDM Stage II S/C, headers/cat/exhaust, 4-piston brakes/slotted rotors, Probeam, Backbone, Lil' Chromies, K-sphere pedals, Kazera KZ-L wheels, the TWEETY door unlock/lock button, High Note horn, Brushed Al door sills, etched/lighted WindRestrictor, white LED map/footwell lights, 3rd brake light pulser. --- She moves!
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
OK, Dave! Here's my question:

What would it cost me (rough estimate) to have your shop install the S/C, headers, and cat, assuming I can get my car to SC from TX? (Road trip!! )

I've started the "Forced Induction Fund" and am trying to put together an approximate bottom line for this benefit.

Thanks.

--Chemist
The superchargers are $3295 and the exhaust is $720, but on sale for $647 if you get in on the first set of 5 that we ship or install. There is another individual that is purchasing a supercharger kit in Texas, I will have to see how close he is to you. I am thinking that if we find one more person is going the supercharged route, we can come to Texas and have an install party. I would definately consider doing it if we are installing 3 kits, and wouldn't hesitate if we did 4 kits. Lets see what we can put together

We did the install in just a little over 3 hours yesterday, so doing 4 kits in a weekend is definately possible, and that would be a very fun weekend!
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSolGXP View Post
What are they coated with?
We offer them in ceramic coating, we have access to several different coatings for them, so if you want something particular, just let us know!
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 10:26 AM

Go for it, Byron...you won't regret it!

However, if you don't do it yourself we can't compare "war stories"!!

Jackknife

Deep, Ebony, Loaded...VIN 2124

DDM Supercharger #6 Stage II Intercooled
Magnaflow Dual Cat-back ... Valentine 1
FE3 sway bar ... Car.Cust. Rests
Norm's Dual Rear Fascia ... Visor Decals
Walnut Burl Dash ... Dual Horns
Aftershock Recessed Grills ... Debadged
Boost & A/F gauges ... KappaShield
DDM Pro-Beam and back brace ... Solo HF Cat

Listen to 'er why-ee-eye-ine..
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 01:35 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackknife View Post
Go for it, Byron...you won't regret it!

However, if you don't do it yourself we can't compare "war stories"!!

Jackknife
Jackknife,

It is definitely in my plans. But you know the old German proverb: "Man plans, God laughs."

Dave,

I really appreciate the offer for a local install! Unfortunately, I'm paying off two weddings (one son, one daughter) and $20+ of dental reconstruction on my daughter right now. It will be a while (15-18 months) before I can get supercharged. The nice thing about that, of course, is that you will no doubt have the intercooler option by then! Regardless, this is something I REALLY want to do to my car. Lord willing, it will happen!

--Chemist

Envious, ebony leather, loaded, DDM Stage II S/C, headers/cat/exhaust, 4-piston brakes/slotted rotors, Probeam, Backbone, Lil' Chromies, K-sphere pedals, Kazera KZ-L wheels, the TWEETY door unlock/lock button, High Note horn, Brushed Al door sills, etched/lighted WindRestrictor, white LED map/footwell lights, 3rd brake light pulser. --- She moves!
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Jackknife,

It is definitely in my plans. But you know the old German proverb: "Man plans, God laughs."

Dave,

I really appreciate the offer for a local install! Unfortunately, I'm paying off two weddings (one son, one daughter) and $20+ of dental reconstruction on my daughter right now. It will be a while (15-18 months) before I can get supercharged. The nice thing about that, of course, is that you will no doubt have the intercooler option by then! Regardless, this is something I REALLY want to do to my car. Lord willing, it will happen!

--Chemist
Byron,, It is not hard at all..... My son and I would be glad to help you install it...

Really .. not a big deal.... bolt on is an understatement...... yes we all had MINOR issues, but with a phone call all was resolved...

I hope to make it to Kerville... I will show you all the issue there.

[B]SOLSTLESS
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Founding Member

Dave,

Let me ask you a question just about the header/cat combo. What cutting/forming/etc. needs to be done to the exhaust line to install your long tube headers and catalytic converter? I've done a shorty header/cat replacement, but that was just undoing and replacing nuts on studs (and replacing gaskets). With your header/cat, I assume I have to cut my exhaust pipe and weld the provided extension/ball socket on to mate with the cat pipe. Is this essentially correct?

--Chemist (I'm a theoretician. )

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Dave,

Let me ask you a question just about the header/cat combo. What cutting/forming/etc. needs to be done to the exhaust line to install your long tube headers and catalytic converter? I've done a shorty header/cat replacement, but that was just undoing and replacing nuts on studs (and replacing gaskets). With your header/cat, I assume I have to cut my exhaust pipe and weld the provided extension/ball socket on to mate with the cat pipe. Is this essentially correct?

--Chemist (I'm a theoretician. )

Pretty much

06 Cool solstice - Positively Displaced intercooled SUPERCHARGER Current Status : having fun
98 GP GTP - ~500hp (intercooled, 15psi) Current Status :broken Tranny
86 C10 Silverado ~ 450hp (383"^3 NA) Current Status : broken tranny
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Founding Member

Might be a good time to add a resonator, I imagine she'd be pretty loud compared to where I am at now.

2007 Sky, Midnight Blue, GM Luggage rack; Windscreen; DDM- Stage III S/C, Pro beam, Catch Can, Race Backbone, Header, Hi Flow Cat, Powder Coated Coil and Cam Cover, Centre Consol, A-Pillar Boost & A/F] Gauges, Centre feed Fuel Rail; Ennkie Lusso Wheels; Solo Performance- Mach with REZ Quad Tips C/B Exhaust; Norm's Rear Diffuser;PFYCStubby Antenna; ASAP Fuse Cover ; Kenwood DNX6990HD Stereo; Carid Pure Spoiler; BC Coil overs.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttripper View Post
Might be a good time to add a resonator, I imagine she'd be pretty loud compared to where I am at now.
I am not sure if everyone esle agree's but my car is no where near as load as it was...

I don't have a header, but prior to the S/C is still had some concerns.

[B]SOLSTLESS
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

The header definitely adds some sound to the exhaust under full acceleration, maybe its time for another video....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode