New Product! - Lumbar Support - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
JPM

New Product! - Lumbar Support

Finally a little relief for those caved in backsides JPM introduces it's SOL/SKY Lumbar support unit!

It's perfect for those that just can't seem to get comfortable in the stock seats. It hides neatly behind the seat so it's not an eyesore like those lumbar support pillows or pads. It is also fully adjustable with just the squeeze of the pump that hides away next to the seat when not in use.

To be fair, the concept was actually from a forum member who I contacted about this so we can't take credit for the idea. However, we can offer a neat package with easy to follow instructions

Installations is a snap and takes about five minutes with no tools required.

Each unit is mounted using zip ties to the back of the seat along factory support rails.

Each lumbar support unit is now available for the introductory price of $68 and can be ordered through our website:

JPMCoachworks | Automotive Redesign Studio - Genunine Alcantara, Suede and Leather Products, Services and Complete Interior Design - JPMUSA.com

This item will not ship before the 24th of this month to give us time to stock up on materials. Thanks for looking. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

-Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 05:02 PM

Hi Joe,

This is JUST the product my "frequent passenger" needs! He is always complaining about poor lumbar support . . . I suppose I could let him drive once in a while . . . naaa, I would rather add the lumbar support!

I placed my order & used one of the sale coupons - Thanks!

Lynne
Phoenix, AZ
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
JPM

Thanks Lynne. I'm sure your passenger will enjoy it
post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
JPM

Bump, more units now in stock! They've been popular so far.
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 10:50 AM

I picked up a lumbar support from Joe last week, during the Florida mod meet. As soon as I got back home I installed it and can't believe what a difference it makes. Now I can't wait for the upcoming Northen California mod meet so I can have my steering wheel recovered and replace my shifter. Thank you, Joe!
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 08:08 PM

After using a small pillow successfully, I finally ordered one today. Winter is near, hope to test it out before car is stored.

My Mods Post (as of June 16, 2010)

Past fun cars: 65 Mustang convert, 69 Opel GT, 73 Olds Cutlass, 70 Chevelle SS, 85 Jeep CJ7

Avatar photo courtesy of Tommyboy, at 2010 NASSM

What do I want to be when I grow up? In denial.
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 10:01 PM

will there be a power option? I have not noticed this on the Sky side is it there?

2008 Sky 2.4 AUTO MIDNGT BLUE BLK TOP BLK LTHR
1998 Corvette C5 Coupe Black All Options
2003 Chev 2500HD Diesel Arrival Blue lots of mods
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 09:39 AM

No power, no interest.......

1969 Firebird
1968 GTO
1979 Camaro Z28
1980 Camaro Z28
1984 Fiero
1986 Bronco
1989 Suburban conversion
1995 Silverado
1995 Camaro Z28
1996 Chevy G1500 Hi-top conversion van
2003 Suburban
2004 Avalanche
2008 Corvette Z51
2009 Solstice GXP coupe
2010 Camaro
2012 Avalanche LTZ
1955 Willys Wagon
1958 Willys CJ5
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 11:28 AM

Got and Installed Lumbar Support.

UPS delivered on Monday afternoon. Installed it just after sunset during twilight. Went in really easy, just put the top down, seat forward, unzipped the back and flipped it over the seat top. Slid the Lumbar Support under the seat frame and installed the zip ties. Put another tie loosely around the big frame bar at the lower portion of the seat back to hold the air tube in place out of the way of the clip on the bottom of the seat cover. Installed the bulb, (put a little spit on the chrome part so the air tube slid on easier). Routed the tube so the bulb would rest on the door sill next to the seat. Tested, working OK, zipped the seat cover together, clipped the bottom together, and put the top up. Still twilight out. This must have taken all of 10 minutes (including reading the directions), if that long.
Later on I went for a ride to a friends. I felt the difference, or I should say I didn't feel the difference, my lower back didn't ache. Yesterday I drove the car some more, the LS is working better than I thought it would. Much better than the pillow I was using, a bit classier too.
Thanks JPM, this simple add-on will let me enjoy the car even more.

My Mods Post (as of June 16, 2010)

Past fun cars: 65 Mustang convert, 69 Opel GT, 73 Olds Cutlass, 70 Chevelle SS, 85 Jeep CJ7

Avatar photo courtesy of Tommyboy, at 2010 NASSM

What do I want to be when I grow up? In denial.
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 03:47 PM

joe, here's an unusualy question;

I need something like this for the center of the seat because the side support pushes up on my hips and for me it's very uncomfortable, for the time I am sitting on a device that raises my butt above the side supports of the seat

will How much weight do you think this can handle if it's used for that purpose?
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 06:37 PM

It was my birthday yesterday so I thought I would buy a "practical mod"! Called JPM and they still have a few of these in stock. I figure when I am ready install I will take to a trim shop and get them to add some foam to my my "saggy seat" as well.
Cheers,
Northern Old

Mods: too many to list!

2007 GXP manual. Bought new Sept 2007
The Mean Machine
2009 GXP Coupe Auto # 526. Bought May 2016 - 1800 miles
The Ace of Spades
post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 05:38 PM

Hey NS, found this lumbar installation thread w/pics: JPM Lumbar Supports Installed - Nice - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum

Seems like the lumbar support would give more support if mounted on the front of the seat cushion instead of the back of the cushion?

Mr & Mrs ChopTop's 09 Fastback & 06 Vert Mods thread:https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...session-75468/ Original join date; Oct 2005 under LowLife handle.
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopTop View Post
Hey NS, found this lumbar installation thread w/pics: JPM Lumbar Supports Installed - Nice - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum

Seems like the lumbar support would give more support if mounted on the front of the seat cushion instead of the back of the cushion?
Thanks Chop Top!

The Mean Machine
The Ace of Spades
post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne07 View Post
Congratulations NS

How much are those lumbar supports ?
$50 plus shipping. I think they only have a few.

The Mean Machine
The Ace of Spades
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 06:54 AM

Do you have a contact info for JPM where I can order the lumbar support? Thanks.

06 SLY, LS3/480 V8, Tremec 6 speed, 3.23 positraction Getrag diff, custom stainless steel true dual exhaust system w/high flow cats, carbon fiber rear valance, red pc calipers, DDM Works Stage 1 brake upgrade, garage door opener, custom fuse box cover, Red anodized engine covers, DDM Works console, Lambo doors, clear bra, DDM Works red racing backbone, DDM Works red pro beam, twin horns, Opel GT radio antenna, upgraded tires, conv top cover, de-badged, chrome rings around A/C controls
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode