Solstice Hardtop by EDAG - Page 5 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 113 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 03:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Andrew G,
At the moment, we are only planning on offering the current Hardtop, but we are always sketching ideas.

Thanks for the questions!

Cheers,
Matt

Thanks Matt,

One more question. The Sky hardtop looks very different from the Sol's. Any chance the Sky hardtop would be modified for the Sol. I would definitely buy that one. Great job.

Thanks,
Andrew

Deep/Ebony
The Wait is OVER.

I refuse to tip-toe cautiously through life, only to arrive safely at death!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 113 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g View Post
Thanks Matt,

One more question. The Sky hardtop looks very different from the Sol's. Any chance the Sky hardtop would be modified for the Sol. I would definitely buy that one. Great job.

Thanks,
Andrew
Hi Andrew,
The Sky and Solstice actually have very different quarter panels and tail lamps, so the shapes at those interfaces are very different. Once I have launched the Sky roof into production, our team will be looking at the next product to move onto our plate. I'm not sure what that will be yet, but I am keeping my eyes open to a few different ideas. We will have to wait and see what I can talk my boss into....

Cheers,
Matt
post #63 of 113 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 09:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Hi Andrew,
The Sky and Solstice actually have very different quarter panels and tail lamps, so the shapes at those interfaces are very different. Once I have launched the Sky roof into production, our team will be looking at the next product to move onto our plate. I'm not sure what that will be yet, but I am keeping my eyes open to a few different ideas. We will have to wait and see what I can talk my boss into....

Cheers,
Matt

Great. I think you did a great job on the new Sol hardtop, but the Sky top is fantastic. It would look very cool on the Sol.

Thanks again.

Deep/Ebony
The Wait is OVER.

post #64 of 113 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Web site update

Hi folks!
Our website info has been updated. If you visit www.edag-us.com that will point you to our corporate website. When you scroll down on the right hand side, please click on the link just above the picture of the Solstice hardtop for the hardtop specific site.

Thanks for all of the feedback and we look forward to meeting more people at the supplier / press days at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) at Detroit in January 2007. We will be showing a Sunburst Sky with our hardtop as well as a Mysterious Solstice hardtop that we anticipate may draw some attention...

Cheers,
Matt
post #65 of 113 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 09:15 PM

Love the website, but I still can't seem to get into the product. Good luck, and thanks for supporting!
post #66 of 113 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 09:22 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Hi folks!
... as well as a Mysterious Solstice hardtop that we anticipate may draw some attention...

Cheers,
Matt
Hmm... Sounds intriguing! Looking forward to seeing what you have for us!

--Chemist (still kicking things around in my head )

Envious, ebony leather, loaded, DDM Stage II S/C, headers/cat/exhaust, 4-piston brakes/slotted rotors, Probeam, Backbone, Lil' Chromies, K-sphere pedals, Kazera KZ-L wheels, the TWEETY door unlock/lock button, High Note horn, Brushed Al door sills, etched/lighted WindRestrictor, white LED map/footwell lights, 3rd brake light pulser. --- She moves!
post #67 of 113 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 10:58 AM

Hello Give them a break, Im sure there are consumers out there that this is just what they need. Thats a quality top, though it may not be to your personal taste. Have fun with your car thanks Norm
post #68 of 113 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 11:00 AM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by normsf View Post
Hello Give them a break, Im sure there are consumers out there that this is just what they need. Thats a quality top, though it may not be to your personal taste. Have fun with your car thanks Norm
Plus, Matt is very accessible. Let him know what you would like to see. EDAG is certainly in this to make a profit. Let them know what you think would allow them to do that better/best!

--Chemist

Envious, ebony leather, loaded, DDM Stage II S/C, headers/cat/exhaust, 4-piston brakes/slotted rotors, Probeam, Backbone, Lil' Chromies, K-sphere pedals, Kazera KZ-L wheels, the TWEETY door unlock/lock button, High Note horn, Brushed Al door sills, etched/lighted WindRestrictor, white LED map/footwell lights, 3rd brake light pulser. --- She moves!
post #69 of 113 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 06:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Hi folks!
at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) at Detroit in January 2007. We will be showing a Sunburst Sky with our hardtop as well as a Mysterious Solstice hardtop that we anticipate may draw some attention...

Cheers,
Matt

Matt,

Can't wait to see this.
Will this "HARDTOP" also be availble for "in person" viewing at the New York Auto Show.

Andrew

Deep/Ebony
The Wait is OVER.

post #70 of 113 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 08:11 PM

I find it funny, I sell these cars, and never once have I ever had a customer ask, "Hey do you think they will ever make a hardtop to turn my roadster into a station wagon?", I hear more of "Will they ever make a hardtop like the S2000 and the Miata?"

Good luck with the product, I would take note from BMW, and their M Coupe, and M Roadster, there's a reason you don't see many coupes, they look like station wagons, the look is for only a very few. Whats next a 2.0 non turbo motor swap kit?

Have fun

E
post #71 of 113 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g View Post
Matt,

Can't wait to see this.
Will this "HARDTOP" also be availble for "in person" viewing at the New York Auto Show.

Andrew
Hey Andrew, We are located in Detroit and it is our home market. At this point we are not planning on attending the NY auto show- although I wish we could! Based upon our corporate locations, the primary shows that we hit are the Detroit and Geneva motor shows. I don't know if our firm is considering the Frankfurt Motor show. Frankfurt is a great show. It is huge and a great time!

Cheers,
Matt
post #72 of 113 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 10:03 PM

Garage
Quote:
Hey Andrew, We are located in Detroit and it is our home market. At this point we are not planning on attending the NY auto show- although I wish we could! Based upon our corporate locations, the primary shows that we hit are the Detroit and Geneva motor shows. I don't know if our firm is considering the Frankfurt Motor show. Frankfurt is a great show. It is huge and a great time!

Cheers,
Matt
Oh well. I hope you'll post some photos of the show.

Good luck.

Deep/Ebony
The Wait is OVER.

post #73 of 113 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 02:14 PM

Quote:

Cheers,
Matt
Matt, Toronto would not be off the beaten track for you (about a 4 hour drive along teh north side of Lake Erie) and since Canada is considered a colder climate might also generate sales along with interest. (I can get there in 3+/- hours compared to 4 1/2 to Detroit (that's assuming no traffic)

When more than one friend wants to ride shotgun

Pontiac 1926-2010
"We hardly knew 'ya"

Confusion say: "If it ain't broke...give government a crack at it."
post #74 of 113 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by achieftain View Post
Matt, Toronto would not be off the beaten track for you (about a 4 hour drive along teh north side of Lake Erie) and since Canada is considered a colder climate might also generate sales along with interest. (I can get there in 3+/- hours compared to 4 1/2 to Detroit (that's assuming no traffic)
Hi achieftain!
I would love to do the Toronto auto show. I'll have to speak with our VP of Sales- he is from Windsor, Ont. I enjoy that city and it could be a fun time. Gotta check the budget! Also, at SEMA we had a great number of people from all over Canada showing up and speaking with us. One of our running jokes was that we were going to put a white Maple Leaf on the car to pacify the Canadian contingent. Probably do that right after we get pics of it with the Red Wings logo!

Cheers!
Matt
post #75 of 113 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 01:51 PM

sorry ,ignore my post

Last edited by diamond lil; 11-21-2006 at 01:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode