WERKS Racing 3" High Flow Cat for the 2.4L - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to werks
WERKS Racing 3" High Flow Cat for the 2.4L

We have developed our own 3" high flow catalytic converter for the 2.4L Solstice/SKY which is compatible on both N/A cars and turbocharged cars

$250.00

For more info and to place an order click here -

http://www.performanceautowerks.com/...oducts_id=1293

Description -

This is the WERKS Racing high flow 3" cat for the 2.4L NA Solstice/SKY. Our 3" unit uses a high flow metallic core found in Porsche 911 twin turbos and has yielded increases of 10whp on a WERKS Racing Stage 1 turbocharged Solstice!

Fits all aftermarket exhaust manifolds, factory exhaust manifolds and our own WERKS Racing turbo O2 housings.

Fully stainless steel construction
Easy bolt on installation
Expertly tig welded
Flows 578+cfm

Stock catalytic

WERKS Racing High Flow Catalytic

If you purchase this high flow cat in conjunction with one of our turbo kits we will knock $50.00 off the cost of the cat!

Dyno plot to be posted shortly

Last edited by werks; 05-09-2007 at 06:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

I forgot to add, if you purchase this high flow cat in conjunction with one of our turbo kits I will knock $50.00 off!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 07:43 AM

I got one of those on my car, and it helps the turbo spool up faster, enough to make a difference you can feel, all the way from lower rpm to near the red line. I will check the cat temperature when I get a chance, but it ought to be much lower than the 1400-1500 F I recorded with the stock cat. The stock cat's restriction must be the reason for the high temp reading. One added bonus was the greatly attenuated resonance I use to get with the 2.5" magnaflow, if you remember one of my first feed back: I use to get a nasty muffler resonance after the magnaflow 2.5" was installed, and now with the Werks high flow cat, that resonance is mostly gone to the point that it does not bother me anymore......funny how exhaust pressure pulses work

Quote:
Originally Posted by werks View Post
I forgot to add, if you purchase this high flow cat in conjunction with one of our turbo kits I will knock $50.00 off!

Werks Turbo Stage II - 400 Hp / Exedy Clutch / Werks A-pilar pod / Magnaflow 2.5" Dual exhaust / Werks Radiator / Werks Free Flow Cat / H2O-Meth Injection (REPLACED WITH A PONTIAC G8 GT)
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty View Post
I got one of those on my car, and it helps the turbo spool up faster, enough to make a difference you can feel, all the way from lower rpm to near the red line. I will check the cat temperature when I get a chance, but it ought to be much lower than the 1400-1500 F I recorded with the stock cat. The stock cat's restriction must be the reason for the high temp reading. One added bonus was the greatly attenuated resonance I use to get with the 2.5" magnaflow, if you remember one of my first feed back: I use to get a nasty muffler resonance after the magnaflow 2.5" was installed, and now with the Werks high flow cat, that resonance is mostly gone to the point that it does not bother me anymore......funny how exhaust pressure pulses work
Good to hear Salty!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 01:40 PM

will this improve the N/A performance wise? Is there any necessary tuning that needs to be done once installed?

thanks,

FIT226

May 2006

fujita cold-air intake, SQR-2 Exhaust, Solo header, Solo high flow Cat, RK Sport body kit, WESTERS RETUNE - May 2008, Kappawindblade

To Come;

Custom Paint job
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 01:34 PM

Will you ship to Canada? And how long before I can get one?

Feeling SOL full?
www.cvthree.com
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 08:33 PM

Garage
Here is my Werks Hi-Flow CAT I received Sept 4, 2014;

It weighs 5lb 4 oz with the two mounting bolts. It was sent with 8mm bolts to mount on to the header, but I replaced them with stainless steel 3/8" ones that are a bit more stout. So far happy. Has a 3" CAT core & mounted perfect to my Magnaflow 16645 3" exhaust. Now ready for the Hahn Stage 2. In the meantime I do notice a bit better acceleration. (PS I used a stuffed frog to balance it on photo 3)

Last edited by Teresa H; 09-06-2014 at 08:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode