Best Waxing Product? - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to propilotjw
Best Waxing Product?

Hello everyone,

Now that summer has arrived and everyone is out washing and waxing, what have you found is the best wax product on the market for our Sol's? Have to keep this Aggressive lookin hot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 07:21 AM

I can NU_FINISH the entire car in less than an hour - I do it about once a month - sometimes apply Gold Finish wax over the top. I use the Turtle wax clear for spot detailing.

Ron

Ron

Sly/ebony leather/MP3/Power Pkg./Premium Pkg./Convenience Pkg./ABS/Stick

VIN117129
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 07:33 AM

Send a message via MSN to V10Venom
Eagle One Nano Wax I use for shows because it conceals swirls, and I use McGuire's wax about twice a month. I'm soon to be ordering Gary's products though.

2003 Dodge Ram 4x4 QC/SB - w/ a 4-horse Bison trailer in tow

Previously known as "SolScuba"
post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 07:36 AM

This has been discussed at length many many many times check the detail forum. There is no right answer by the way. But you can't go wrong with Gary's products. Perfect Auto Finish

Solo Mach and No Cat custom A/R cone
Dejon Intercooler, Intake Elbow, BOV spring
Wester's Garage tune
RMR Style Bar.
SSR Type C wheels, Nitto 555's
DDM Works PINK Breastplate, PRO Beam
HKS Coilovers
GXP Z0K rear sway bar with urethane bushings
Custom Jonymac glass wind screen, one of a kind.
Eclipse AVN726e; ZED Audio Leviathan, Image Dynamics tweeters, CTS door subs, active crossover tri-amped. Audio Control 6 channel 30 band parametric EQ.
JL Audio 10" sub
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 07:51 AM

Ok

OK nice ideas
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 11:04 AM

I agree with lil goat....you can't go wrong with Gary's products. When I put Gary's products to my car, it looks better than the day I picked it up from the dealer (except for the 41K's worth of stone chips and side body wear )

AKA xmm
First 1000 Order VIN # 000218 - Time Stamp 2:35:20
DEEP with Steel/Sand leather,
142,600+ miles on the odo and still goin' strong - My wife named my car "Nittany" after Penn State, my Alma Mater
Reborn at the factory at 57,100 miles
New water pump and timing chain at 104,181 miles
Exhaust cam solenoid valve at 121,000 miles

WPASC ( Western PA Area Solstice Club )
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NASSOA
Founding Member #41
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Resting up after the Pgh. Vintage Grand Prix !"
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 12:33 PM

Gary's products

Can someone tell me where to find "Gary's products?" I did not find anything like that on the Internet. Thanks.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 11:56 AM

Send a message via MSN to V10Venom
I believe it's perfectautofinish.com

And it's actually owned by Kevin now.

2003 Dodge Ram 4x4 QC/SB - w/ a 4-horse Bison trailer in tow

Previously known as "SolScuba"
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil goat View Post
This has been discussed at length many many many times check the detail forum. There is no right answer by the way. But you can't go wrong with Gary's products. Perfect Auto Finish
Everything has already been discussed at length many, many times. If this forum lived on new subjects alone there would be very little posted. It is like reruns on TV--if you have not seen the show before, it is not a rerun!

Gary will tell you to forget the wax because it melts at a little over 100 degrees and that is why he says to go with his sealer which lasts much longer than wax, and does not melt unless the temps are off the chart.

2007 Cool GXP 5-Spd.:

-Full Interior Reupholstery
-Carbon Fiber Dash & Rear Panel
-Momo Shift Knob/Hand Brake/Floor Plates
-Gentex Rear View Mirror
-Norm's Cowl Panels & Side Skirts
-Aftershock Front Grill
-TSW Nogaro 19" Rims
-245/40ZR-19 Dunlop SP Sport Maxx XL Tires
-Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors
-Magnaflow 3" Exhaust

Stereo Upgrade:
-Kenwood DNX8120
-Alpine PDX-4.150 Amp
-MB Quart QSD 216 6.5" Speakers
-8" Boston Sub
-Full Dynamat Extreme Interior
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 12:52 AM

Mothers FX SynWax and Spray Wax (for use after washing) are both super easy to use and reasonably priced.
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 01:36 AM

here's a link to read

https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/s...ight=TURTLEWAX

COOL MAGGIE. 2006 Polished wheels. Steel /Sand. #3458 Premium, Power, and Convenience. Monsoon.
Her Name is Maggie. Her personalized plates are MAGNIFY
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 08:00 AM

Send a message via AIM to sway
try optimum polish and spray carnauba. Apply by hand or PC machine over enire car, then remove with the spray wax and a good MF towel. It's quicker, easier, and gives a better shine than the perfect auto finish stuff. If you really want it to stay hot, on top of that, apply some PS21 or Pinnacle Souverain Carnauba. It's also quick and easy, just be sure to use VERY little product.

Raven, #10901
Mysterious, steel/ sand
No ABS, Onstar, 6-Disc or Smokers

Ordered 1-16-06, Built 2-9-06, Delivered 3-6-06

Magnaflow Duals, Fujita CAI, Azenis tires, Eibach Pro, Razzi Spoiler, Kappashield, Chromies, Kappasphere Mats,chrome valve stems, 6 inch antenna,Red calipers, GXP grill, silver fuse box,tint, waterfall shelves, debadged, visor label covers, GXP diffuser,DDM Backbone, Trifecta tune, Red footwell lighting, murdered lights
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 08:24 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to RandB
After reading the replies to your question, it kind of reminds me of when I lived in Kansas City and asked a group of people “what’s the best place to get BBQ in town”.

Good luck!
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 10:54 AM
Founding Member

....UNQUESTIONABLY the best polish/wax

...is the one you will actually use. I have a garage full of products, including Zaino, Meguilar's, Simonize, Mother's, Mr. Clean, Turtlewax. Which is best? Right now Turtlewax Ice, because it is easy so I actually use it.

If you LIKE polishing your car, Zaino is great, since you will spend alot of time doing it. Me, I like to see it after it's done. And sometimes I have it hand washed and waxed for $25 at a drug half-way house. They do a great job so far (although personnel are always changing). I asked what they used and was told just regular carnuba wax. The nice thing about ICE is it claims it will eat into and level your last wax/polish, so you don't have to strip it off. Sounds good (i.e. easy) to me. Oh yeah, and you can use it in the sun (although you can't use their carwash in the sun...found that out the hard way).

'07 GXP - 3/19/07 - 5 Speed auto - Black/Charcoal Leather - Red stitching- LSD - Monsoon - MP3 - XM - A/C - ABS - Cruise - GXP Floormats - Chrome wheels - Sport pedals - leather visor covers - GM Stage power upgrade - Polished Santana cupholder

my other vehicle is a 2008 jeep wrangler rubicon unlimited
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichSol View Post
...is the one you will actually use. I have a garage full of products, including Zaino, Meguilar's, Simonize, Mother's, Mr. Clean, Turtlewax. Which is best? Right now Turtlewax Ice, because it is easy so I actually use it.

If you LIKE polishing your car, Zaino is great, since you will spend alot of time doing it. Me, I like to see it after it's done. And sometimes I have it hand washed and waxed for $25 at a drug half-way house. They do a great job so far (although personnel are always changing). I asked what they used and was told just regular carnuba wax. The nice thing about ICE is it claims it will eat into and level your last wax/polish, so you don't have to strip it off. Sounds good (i.e. easy) to me. Oh yeah, and you can use it in the sun (although you can't use their carwash in the sun...found that out the hard way).
Ditto here, I use the Turtle Wax ICE system, claybar, and ICE Gel, spot clean with the detailer ICE spray and it looks good, lasts.

Mysterious, Ebony NA 2.4L, Monsoon, OnStar and his name is the BANDIT. Ordered 3/8/06, built 5/10, delivered 5/22/06, took home 5/30 Mods include 3M transparent Nose film, MagnaFlow Dual Exhaust and RK Rear Valence. DDM Stage 1 Supercharger installed May 23rd 2008. RK Ram Air Hood installed Nov 4,2008. Custom 07 Auto Show SCCA logo seats August 2009, custom matching door panels, center console from JPM January 2010. Added Stage II with Intercooler and Pulley changes, re tune 11/5/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode