Riken Raptor A/S? - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertllr View Post
Oh, dear, do forgive me, Sting Ya.......

Go look it up.
I think someone needs to relax a little.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 12:18 AM

Garage
I'm really not sure what to say here, but I feel I have to say something.

I joined this forum because of the wealth of information and enthusiasm for a car we all love and enjoy. I wanted to express my thanks for what's been created here. I'd never joined a forum before because as I read over interesting forums, I could see some of the older members sniping other posters and generally creating an environment that wasn't overly friendly to new people trying to find their way.

I joined here hoping I could find a place. I don't need anyone's affirmation. I was only looking for acceptance. But for some reason, perhaps it's me, several people here have attacked or criticized things I've posted as either being blatantly wrong, dangerous, or not appropriate for this forum. I certainly don't mean any harm when I post. In fact I try to be as friendly and non-offensive as possible. But instead of constructive criticism, I've either been outright attacked or met with immature condescending backhanded sniping.

But it's not just me. Someone took a swipe at The Silver Fox because he has a white beard and long hair. Of course he looks like Santa! But instead of making fun of his looks, how about the guy himself? Maybe he has long white hair and a beard because he wants to. Or maybe he brightens the holidays for children. Anyone ever ask him? In a friendly way? I know a guy locally who looks just like The Fox and does play Santa. Takes it upon himself to personally collect and deliver presents to needy kids. He's a great guy.

Personally, I'd like to see The Fox in full Santa suit driving his Solstice with the top down in a Christmas parade. That would be so cool! Kids (and I) would love that!

But when The Fox was promoting the use of a windscreen in a different thread, I'd never just pop in and ask if he used one on his sleigh, then slap my knee and act like it's the best joke ever told.

I don't know how The Fox took it, but I was offended by it. I thought it unnecessary and juvenile. I didn't say anything then. But I'm saying it now.

As for all the acronyms, I'm new to the sportscar world. I have trouble all the time trying to figure out what a lot of people here are talking about when they post. I generally have to look it up. I don't ask because I don't want to be made fun of - which is starting to be a regular occurrence here for more people than just myself.

Robert asked a question about Riken tires. I run them so I responded.

It wasn't the newbies that spun this thread out of control. It was the oldtimers.

I like this forum. I will continue to come here for information concerning my Solstice. But I'm starting to seriously wonder if I made the right decision to join and support the community. This is about the third time I've had to question whether I should post here again or not.

I may just take a break for awhile. And reconsider whether this is someplace I actually want to be.

Other newbies may be asking themselves that same question.

Just An Ordinary Average Guy

With A Super Cool Car!
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 07:54 AM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
This old timer shall just check out of this thread.

But, while I am still here, back to the subject of Riken Raptor tires. Here in the midwest, where the temperature routinely drops into the teens and single digits, all the tire dealers scoff at the idea of selling Riken Raptor summer tires. I've never seen one.

To each his own. See you around in other threads.

1st 1K - #741

Last edited by DaveOC; 03-24-2019 at 03:23 PM.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 08:00 AM

Garage
I hear you Bama... I always get the 'go use the search tool' advice from some longtime members, which is okay. That is my first move when researching a Kappa issue, but reading a ten year old dead thread with missing pictures is not the future of a forum like this. Us 'newbies' are the ones that are opening new cans of worms buying these cars and sometimes we come up with a better mousetrap. Please continue to ask questions, give opinions and share wisdom on this forum.
I chalk up some of the 'emotions' to many Kappa owners not being able to take a drive this time of year...
Bama likes this.

2008 GXP Aggressive Red - SOL LVR - Trifecta custom tune - DDM CAI/charge tubes/silicone hoses - Werks IC - Solo Hi-flow Cat/Mach Shorty exhaust - DDM Probeam/Backbone/Venom brace - Short throw shifter - Full LED conversion - Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 08:59 AM

Garage
Dave, I'd never even heard of a summer tire until I found them on my Solstice. I learn something new just about every day with this car.

GreatGab, I know what you're talking about. Sometimes I think people are simply offended by where I live. Today it's 80 degrees and sunshine here.

Time to put the top down and take the wife for a cruise!

Thanks for the encouragement.
Greatgab likes this.

With A Super Cool Car!
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 12:07 PM

Garage
Ew. I just made the mistake of reading this thread.

Some very caustic writing.

Wish there was an "ignore" button so I'd never have to read some people's posts ever again.
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 01:12 PM

Garage
Top right hand corner of the page.

"User CP"

Once inside the Control Panel click on "Edit Ignore List."

I've never used it, but I think that's it.

With A Super Cool Car!
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 09:28 PM

I'm 79 years old and I grok (remember that term?) SWMBO and PROC. but SWIM might not get it.
Bama likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode