Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Riken Raptor AS tires--great in the rain

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  marksbug 
#1 ·
I put a set of these on our Solstice back in April. Today we were out joy riding and we got caught in a toad strangler*.

I was thrilled at the rain performance of these tires--way better than anything I've had on any car. No hydroplaning through puddles and great grip around very wet corners.

I'm not sensitive enough to compare the dry handling with other cars/tires; and I don't know if the salutary behavior in the rain is down to the car's dynamics, or the tire's design or a combination of both; but I have never felt more confident and secure in a heavy downpour before.

FWIW* they are going for less than $95 a pop* at the well-known online tire outlet right now.

As always, YMMV*.

*(And "Sting Ya" can go soak his head.)

#2 ·
Stay cautious and be safe!

I'm still running my set of A/S. Haven't had the spare money to remount the summers - which are wrapped in plastic and sitting in storage.

I sure miss 'em. :crying:

But there's still time! November is four months away!

:grin:

#8 ·
Sting Ya,

You may add me to the list of those who feel this forum would be diminished by your absence. I have observed for years and only been active since acquiring Elsie the GXP. I feel you are among those whose wisdom, patience and dare I say, cyber friendships, make visiting something I look forward to daily. Sometimes we have to consider others may have life impacting their communications skills and something may come across in a manner not intended. It happens to all of us. Another reason we are human. I've no idea what would cause you to consider leaving as my focus has been on getting the little car back to rights but I do hope you will continue to be here. You are one of the core group who gives this forum its positive energy. Be here for the people who care. The others pass on. Thank you.

Richard Snipes

#10 ·
It's so hard to have different opinions now a days... I for one have appreciated all the wisdom that this forum and it's members bring to the table - even if I have disagreed with some of the advice. I hope that Sting Ya hops in the Worlds funnest car, takes a long drive, and returns to his rightful place at the table!

Reactions: Rphillips66
#12 ·
I agree. The comment stems from an exchange they had back in March about the use of abbreviations, acronyms, initialisms, slang, and jargon.
It seems that some people can't let things go sometimes.

Reactions: Rphillips66
#14 ·
just wondering....what head is he supposed to be soaking and what is he soaking it in???? sometimes carbon can be a bitch to get off and a good cleaning solution does the trick pretty well some times.but there are soamny different fuel additives these days some just dont seem to be disolved like in days gone by. Im not fond of blasting cylinder heads, but Ive dont a few hundred..well thats on the low side. but I also had all the correct equipment and knew how to properly clean it after wards as that blasting media can kill a engine quickly if not properly gotten out of all the passages&crevasses. but there are other blasting meida thats safe and eazy to use and removal is eazy too. then there is the other head ,oh do you have lice soak in this..then there is the you need to use less pomade...and then there is the other head ....and even more heads out there some soaking will short them out. I woodent worry about it at all.just look at my spellen, the spellen teachers have been on my ass for years.funny thing is I sure know how to fill out the work order or bill to fix thier crap because they are totaly useless. and yes I can spell just fine,but my fingers dont always listen to my ears...oops thats rong, they dont listen to my brain. and my brain don't always listen to what I want it to. I do also try to keep the spellen teachers sharp at thier craft, how kan that bee rong. some people have things to offer, some people just want to start crap because they have nothing to add as they are usualy useless and have too much of daddys money. no this post is not aimed at anybody in particular. if you thinks it's aimed at you....you might need to think before you stink. with that said. we all can get short at times.and we all know everything and you are rong. and we are all rong. and we are for sure always right and know it all....but for some stupid reason we ask a question.... there are no stupid questions execpt for the one you dont ask and effk somethen up. remember this out of all this rambling...we were all newbs at one time...at...EVERYTHING. and there is oh somuch to learn form some people. and little from others but you do learn something from them...witch could just be...they are clueless but think they are exspurts.( ex~spurts = has been drip's under pressure good for little to nothing) but they may know something so....dont start **** with them as the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss next week in the IRS office(they could be any where) and that ass kissing wont be fun and wont come out in your favor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.