• 1 Post By Cmccomb1
  • 4 Post By JohnWR
  • 1 Post By Greatgab
  • 3 Post By al_c
  • 1 Post By JohnWR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Riken Raptor AS tires--great in the rain

I put a set of these on our Solstice back in April. Today we were out joy riding and we got caught in a toad strangler*.

I was thrilled at the rain performance of these tires--way better than anything I've had on any car. No hydroplaning through puddles and great grip around very wet corners.

I'm not sensitive enough to compare the dry handling with other cars/tires; and I don't know if the salutary behavior in the rain is down to the car's dynamics, or the tire's design or a combination of both; but I have never felt more confident and secure in a heavy downpour before.

FWIW* they are going for less than $95 a pop* at the well-known online tire outlet right now.

As always, YMMV*.

*(And "Sting Ya" can go soak his head.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 09:37 PM

Garage
Stay cautious and be safe!

I'm still running my set of A/S. Haven't had the spare money to remount the summers - which are wrapped in plastic and sitting in storage.

I sure miss 'em.

But there's still time! November is four months away!

Just An Ordinary Average Guy

With A Super Cool Car!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 04:55 PM

Garage
I just put those on mine about a month ago. Happy so far!

Chris

"Sunny" - '08 Brazen Orange 2.4 Auto... 7660 feet up in the mountains
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertllr View Post
I put a set of these on our Solstice back in April. Today we were out joy riding and we got caught in a toad strangler*.

And this is the reason I no longer will be an active member of this forum !
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 02:34 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting Ya View Post
That would be highly unfortunate, and a loss to the community.

I've also felt disrespected at times in the past, and others encouraged me to stay.

I also encourage you to stay. You've had a lot to contribute - and I respect and appreciate that.
JohnWR and Greatgab like this.

With A Super Cool Car!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 06:51 AM

I have been a member since 2014 and have never seen the disrespected comments on this forum as much as I have in the last year! What gives?
I also am asking Sting Ya to please keep contributing your knowledge as that is what this Forum is all about!!
JohnWR likes this.

Last edited by Cmccomb1; 08-05-2019 at 06:54 AM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 06:56 AM

Quote:
I agree with Bama (and Cmccomb1), Sting. Stick around and stay active.
Quote:
Illegitimi non carborundum

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 07:07 PM

Sting Ya,

You may add me to the list of those who feel this forum would be diminished by your absence. I have observed for years and only been active since acquiring Elsie the GXP. I feel you are among those whose wisdom, patience and dare I say, cyber friendships, make visiting something I look forward to daily. Sometimes we have to consider others may have life impacting their communications skills and something may come across in a manner not intended. It happens to all of us. Another reason we are human. I've no idea what would cause you to consider leaving as my focus has been on getting the little car back to rights but I do hope you will continue to be here. You are one of the core group who gives this forum its positive energy. Be here for the people who care. The others pass on. Thank you.

Richard Snipes
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 07:58 PM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
Quote:
Hang around, we need you to stay active here. I value your comments and remarks, as do many other users here.

1st 1K - #741
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 08:32 PM

Garage
It's so hard to have different opinions now a days... I for one have appreciated all the wisdom that this forum and it's members bring to the table - even if I have disagreed with some of the advice. I hope that Sting Ya hops in the Worlds funnest car, takes a long drive, and returns to his rightful place at the table!
Rphillips66 likes this.

2008 GXP Aggressive Red - SOL LVR - Trifecta custom switchable tune - DDM CAI/charge tubes/silicone hoses - Werks IC - Solo Hi-flow Cat/Mach Shorty exhaust - DDM Probeam/Backbone/Venom brace - Sprint Booster - Short throw shifter - Full LED conversion w/pulsating third brake light and sequential turn signals - SaddlX & GearTripR center console - Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 08:17 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertllr View Post
There's really no need for that.
JohnWR, Bama and Rphillips66 like this.

---
al_c
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_c View Post
There's really no need for that.
I agree. The comment stems from an exchange they had back in March about the use of abbreviations, acronyms, initialisms, slang, and jargon.
It seems that some people can't let things go sometimes.
Rphillips66 likes this.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 09:51 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWR View Post
I agree. The comment stems from an exchange they had back in March about the use of abbreviations, acronyms, initialisms, slang, and jargon.
It seems that some people can't let things go sometimes.
I admit that I was a party to that exchange and admonished some of the "old timers" for being a bit too impatient with the "newbies," - which included myself at that time. By comparison with many here, I'm still a newbie.

My intent was to have more civil conversations - not carry a grudge. Since that time I have noticed a more friendly atmosphere towards new arrivals.

If Sting feels I somehow wronged him in that initial exchange, I humbly apologize.

I've read many of his past posts - he has been a major asset to this forum and I hope he continues to share his knowledge.

With A Super Cool Car!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 04:01 PM

Location: at the snow white beaches of north west florida...or in the shop, but never on the couch. possibly playing pool.or eating
just wondering....what head is he supposed to be soaking and what is he soaking it in???? sometimes carbon can be a bitch to get off and a good cleaning solution does the trick pretty well some times.but there are soamny different fuel additives these days some just dont seem to be disolved like in days gone by. Im not fond of blasting cylinder heads, but Ive dont a few hundred..well thats on the low side. but I also had all the correct equipment and knew how to properly clean it after wards as that blasting media can kill a engine quickly if not properly gotten out of all the passages&crevasses. but there are other blasting meida thats safe and eazy to use and removal is eazy too. then there is the other head ,oh do you have lice soak in this..then there is the you need to use less pomade...and then there is the other head ....and even more heads out there some soaking will short them out. I woodent worry about it at all.just look at my spellen, the spellen teachers have been on my ass for years.funny thing is I sure know how to fill out the work order or bill to fix thier crap because they are totaly useless. and yes I can spell just fine,but my fingers dont always listen to my ears...oops thats rong, they dont listen to my brain. and my brain don't always listen to what I want it to. I do also try to keep the spellen teachers sharp at thier craft, how kan that bee rong. some people have things to offer, some people just want to start crap because they have nothing to add as they are usualy useless and have too much of daddys money. no this post is not aimed at anybody in particular. if you thinks it's aimed at you....you might need to think before you stink. with that said. we all can get short at times.and we all know everything and you are rong. and we are all rong. and we are for sure always right and know it all....but for some stupid reason we ask a question.... there are no stupid questions execpt for the one you dont ask and effk somethen up. remember this out of all this rambling...we were all newbs at one time...at...EVERYTHING. and there is oh somuch to learn form some people. and little from others but you do learn something from them...witch could just be...they are clueless but think they are exspurts.( ex~spurts = has been drip's under pressure good for little to nothing) but they may know something so....dont start **** with them as the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss next week in the IRS office(they could be any where) and that ass kissing wont be fun and wont come out in your favor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode