Engine died, replaced batterythromycin now no crank. - Page 6 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 148 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 12:27 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to raygun
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDoug View Post
Summit Racing, new, plug and play, overnight for just over $200. Need to do key relearn.
It'll also have to be flashed with the correct VIN and OS for the car.

I'd call Performance Autowerks. I'm sure Dave can get you the ECM, flashed, for less than the Summit ECM + programming will cost.

If you have a friend with HP Tuners, they can also flash it for you, with the correct VIN, for the cost of two credits. (Around $100 if memory serves.)

Blue-ish 2006 2.4, Werks stage 1 turbo, Borla cat-back, DDM braces, Spec aluminum flywheel, Spec stage 2 clutch, Werks aluminum radiator, some gauges, RKSport hood, Morimoto FX-Rs, GReddy Profec, Norm's fenders

'07 GXP, Werks Big Wheel K04 and tune, Solo catless downpipe, TCE Wilwood 6 piston front brakes, 4-piston rears , stainless brake lines, slotted/drilled rotors, BC Racing BR coilovers, Performance Autowerks intercooler, DDMWorks CAI, charge pipes and braces, RPM rollbar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 148 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Spoke with Summit and gave them my vin, supposedly install and turn the key (after doing the key thing. Going to be really upset if he lied.

McDoug

2009 Solstice Street Edition W/Spoiler, Automatic, stock with the exception of DDM CAI and Windrestrictor, 38k miles.

Build date 09/08
post #78 of 148 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 01:01 PM

Garage
Wow - that's unexpected. Good to know!

Blue-ish 2006 2.4, Werks stage 1 turbo, Borla cat-back, DDM braces, Spec aluminum flywheel, Spec stage 2 clutch, Werks aluminum radiator, some gauges, RKSport hood, Morimoto FX-Rs, GReddy Profec, Norm's fenders

'07 GXP, Werks Big Wheel K04 and tune, Solo catless downpipe, TCE Wilwood 6 piston front brakes, 4-piston rears , stainless brake lines, slotted/drilled rotors, BC Racing BR coilovers, Performance Autowerks intercooler, DDMWorks CAI, charge pipes and braces, RPM rollbar
post #79 of 148 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Just spoke with Summit again and asked specifically if I did need to have it flashed or not and was assured that as far as he knew it is "Plug and Play" as advertised which he described as "disconnect the battery, take it out of the box and install, reconnect the battery, go thru the key learning step start it and drive away with a big smile on my face".

Going to be mighty upset if I have to get towed to the dealer to get the ECM flashed.

We'll see, it will be here tomorrow or Saturday.

McDoug

2009 Solstice Street Edition W/Spoiler, Automatic, stock with the exception of DDM CAI and Windrestrictor, 38k miles.

Build date 09/08
post #80 of 148 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Just spoke with Summit again and asked specifically if I did need to have it flashed or not and was assured that as far as he knew it is "Plug and Play" as advertised which he described as "disconnect the battery, take it out of the box and install, reconnect the battery, go thru the key learning step start it and drive away with a big smile on my face".

Going to be mighty upset if I have to get towed to the dealer to get the ECM flashed.

We'll see, it will be here tomorrow or Saturday.
Overall good news, I think. Glad you are about to get it sorted.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #81 of 148 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

New ECM did not help! Went through the key relearn and a lot more relay closing than before.

Going to check the starter next, shoot myself if that has been the problem all along.

JOHNWR - Tried the relay in both locations.

McDoug

Build date 09/08
post #82 of 148 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 08:42 AM

Garage
Wow. That's unexpected.

Are you still getting the U0100 communications error? Is the security lock light on the dash illuminated?

post #83 of 148 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
New ECM did not help! Went through the key relearn and a lot more relay closing than before.

Going to check the starter next, shoot myself if that has been the problem all along.

JOHNWR - Tried the relay in both locations.
That is disappointing.

Does that relay click? Have you tried swapping it with one you know is operating? I don't remember you mentioning that.

Also what Raygun asked.

John
Lexington, KY
post #84 of 148 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Upon closer inspection .... when I turn the key to start it sounds like the starter senaloid is moving toward the flywheel but not spinning.

I"ll look closer later.

And by the way, I noticed that when I turned the key on, the odo was displaying the correct milage. Must be stored somewhere else.

McDoug

Build date 09/08
post #85 of 148 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Upon closer inspection .... when I turn the key to start it sounds like the starter senaloid is moving toward the flywheel but not spinning.

I"ll look closer later.

And by the way, I noticed that when I turned the key on, the odo was displaying the correct milage. Must be stored somewhere else.
The odometer reading is stored in the BCM.
McDoug and raygun like this.

John
Lexington, KY
post #86 of 148 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Yes, still seeing U0100 , CEL and a whole bunch more that I assumed would go away after it starts.

I'm a little concerned about PO602 and P1682
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash Command screen shot.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	403.1 KB
ID:	98783  

McDoug

Build date 09/08

Last edited by McDoug; 08-10-2019 at 01:02 PM.
post #87 of 148 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 01:16 PM

Garage
Engine died, replaced batterythromycin now no crank.

That is concerning. Are the codes in the screenshot all that are present? Do they all come back if you clear them?

Also, wild guess: did Summit ask for your VIN? And did you have the P1682 before the new ECM?

Many cars will crank but not start even with a missing or bad ECM. (Itíll turn over, but wonít get spark or fuel.) I canít confirm that for the Solstice, though.

There are a few YouTube videos on P1682. The Malibu uses the same engine as the NA. I would expect the same diagnostic method to apply to the GXP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by raygun; 08-10-2019 at 01:28 PM.
post #88 of 148 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 02:54 PM

If p1682 is correct...I think your issues are a bit more then a starter. You said the car died.... Did it make any knocking noise first?

Solo Street Race exhaust
Fujita CAI
ASAP T2 stripes and badging
Windrestrictor V2 lighted in white
Windrestrictor lighted door sills lighted in white
DDM Works IC Piping
Undercar LEDs in white to match Windrestrictor

ZZPerformance dyno tuned - 286HP, 317ft/lbs of torque at 23psi of boost.
post #89 of 148 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

I cleared the codes, waited a few minutes and read them again. See the attached.

Raygun, Summit was given the vin and no, the u0100 code is gone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash Command screen shot 2.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	279.8 KB
ID:	98785   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash Command screen shot 3.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	314.1 KB
ID:	98787  

McDoug

Build date 09/08

Last edited by McDoug; 08-10-2019 at 04:13 PM.
post #90 of 148 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 04:49 PM

Who did the Crank Position Learn procedure?

John
Lexington, KY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode