Need some magic! Fog lights - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By ChrisBlair
  • 3 Post By TomatoSoup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Need some magic! Fog lights

Replaced my fog light bulbs. A human hand can get in there if you're a masochist. Looks like a bit of the fascia- which serves no purpose I see- is the major obstacle. Might trim those tabs off. To see what I mean open your hood and look straight down over the fog light area. A tab of body-colored fascia is bolted in place horizontally, single bolt. However it extends over an inch into space, holding nothing. if that were gone, this becomes much easier.

Lesson learned- remove and discard the new fog light gasket. Re-use the factory one. I had a new bulb housing break because the fit was so tight. I thought I broke the fog light housing for a moment. Just the bulb, whew.

Now bits of the bulb housing are inside the fog light. Not very clear as to how that assembly comes out without removing the fascia. The bits are currently trapped.

There's some 'long finger' type tweezers at work which may do the trick to get them out. Any other ideas to get those bits out?
ChopTop likes this.

Driving and working on a Sly 2008 Solstice GXP 5spd 260/260, and the worst-built 2012 LS3 Camaro 1SS to escape from Oshawa.

Gone but not forgotten:
2007 Solstice GXP 5 speed 290/340

Stored and needing to part ways with a 1970 Skylark Custom convertible I have owned since 1989 and turned into a GS455 clone. 462 with 7/8 primary headers, adjustable roller rockers, TA Performance Stage 1 aluminum heads, auto, Chevy 12 bolt, 3.31:1. Sadly a project car now but a driver from '89 to '06.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 08:10 PM

I know this is too late, but the better way to replace the fog/turn bulbs is to pop off the grill surround and undo the two screws holding the fog/turn light assembly in place. Then just pull out the light assembly from the front and there you are - easy access.

You can still do this and tilt the light assembly up to let the broken bit fall out.

To pop off the surround, just poke your fingers into the grill holes and pull to unclip the inside edges, then pivot out toward the outside edge...

sirwm, ChopTop and paulky_2000 like this.

Owner of "Campbelle", a Brazen 2008 GXP ... with mods piling up...

Last edited by TomatoSoup; 04-27-2019 at 08:16 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

It pops off? Jeez...I have to buy some manuals

Driving and working on a Sly 2008 Solstice GXP 5spd 260/260, and the worst-built 2012 LS3 Camaro 1SS to escape from Oshawa.

Gone but not forgotten:
2007 Solstice GXP 5 speed 290/340

Stored and needing to part ways with a 1970 Skylark Custom convertible I have owned since 1989 and turned into a GS455 clone. 462 with 7/8 primary headers, adjustable roller rockers, TA Performance Stage 1 aluminum heads, auto, Chevy 12 bolt, 3.31:1. Sadly a project car now but a driver from '89 to '06.

Last edited by ChrisBlair; 04-28-2019 at 12:48 PM.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
It pops off? Jeez...I have to buy some manuals
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=r...2A13A1DEE88176
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode