The self proclaimed "official" Pioneer D3 install Thread" - Page 8 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #106 of 113 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 05:58 AM

I want to install my avic z110bt that was originally in my Tundra. I sold the Tundra without the avic and installed it in my new HHR after getting the Lan 3 and metra kit from Crutchfield. I could not get the xm or for that matter am or fm to work. Called Metra and got 4 different versions on which wires to use, all incorrect info. Removed the avic and reinstalled the factory radio.
I want to install this avic into my Solstice Coupe. Do I need a Lan 4 or will the Lan 3 work. The coupe is a gxp with onstar. I truely believe that Metra's techs dont know their asses from their elbows and are total smucks!!
The question is, can I use the original xm antenna on the coupe? Can I use the GM xm receiver or do I need the pioneer xm receiver? i have the chrysler antenna adaptor already for the gm antenna lead. I guess what I am trying to say here is.....can I use the avic z110bt in the coupe, without loosing my marbles trying to install it.

09 SOLSTICE GXP COUPE 5 SPD "MEANY" #000444 my first Solstice
2011 JEEP WRANGLER
2007 SOLSTICE 2.4 5 SPD PURE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 113 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunruner19 View Post
I want to install this avic into my Solstice Coupe. Do I need a Lan 4 or will the Lan 3 work. The coupe is a gxp with onstar.
GMOS-LAN-03 or GMOS-LAN-04 depends on on Monsoon (4) or no monsoon (3). Does your coupe have the monsoon upgrade? Do you plan to keep it? Are you going to install an aftermarket amplifer? Both the 3 and 4 will keep the onstar working.

Quote:
The question is, can I use the original xm antenna on the coupe? Can I use the GM xm receiver or do I need the pioneer xm receiver?
You need to use the pioneer xm receiver. You may still be able to use the GM antennae, but the connector will most likely need to be altered. As an alternative you can hide the pioneer xm antennae in the waterfall like I did to keep it hidden and just leave the rear antennae where it is without problems. FYI the XM interface is much better than the sirius interface, if you have the option go with XM.

Quote:
i have the chrysler antenna adapter already for the gm antenna lead. I guess what I am trying to say here is.....can I use the avic z110bt in the coupe, without loosing my marbles trying to install it.
Should be straight forward. There are a bunch of wires in there that need to be addressed so it can get confusing after a while. Be patient and check your connections carefully.

Mean GXP Delivered 1/30/2007 $MSRP +$2K

My Stereo Install--> Ultimate AVIC D3 Install thread

Team Solo Performance

Pioneer Avic D3 - Nav System
JL Audio ZR speakers, Alpine PDX 4.150 amp
Solo Performance Street Race exhaust & High Flo Cat
JPM custom interior (Shifter, wheel, console, handles & door panels)
Painted dash and windshield surround
Custom Valentine1 flush radar display
OZ Ultraleggera Wheels
DDM Works Big Brakes, Backbone, intake and intercooler
post #108 of 113 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 06:46 PM

I have to check to see if the radio does have the upgrade, not sure at the moment. I assume that would be on the window sticker label. I am using xm and do have the pioneer xm receiver. For some reason, this radio would not work in the HHR which didnt have a Pioneer from the factory, though it is an option for the HHR. As far as wiring goes, I have installed quite a few of these nav units in my cars in past years and all worked correctly. If I do have a Monsoon radio, then I will have to exchange the 3 for a 4 which Crutchfield said would be no problem doing. Reading previous posts on this thread, I do know I wired up the illumination wire wrong. But I was following instructions from one of Metro's techs, which is just one more thing they were wrong about.

09 SOLSTICE GXP COUPE 5 SPD "MEANY" #000444 my first Solstice
2011 JEEP WRANGLER
2007 SOLSTICE 2.4 5 SPD PURE
post #109 of 113 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 10:17 AM

Send a message via MSN to RavenSol
I must place a link for everyone here.

Instead of purchasing a separate Control Units for each stereo/installed feature in our vehicles (steering wheel control, Chimes/blinker Unit, and Sat/Onstar)

Check out Metra Cmos-100 unit instead

Metra Electronics - Dealer Parts Warehouse

Whether the vehicle is amplified or non-amplified, equipped with satellite radio, Onstar, Bluetooth, or steering wheel controls, the GMOS-100 can retain it. All the warning chimes and convenience features are retained that are normally lost when the OEM radio is removed.

So regardless of the extra features, the configuration you have, or what you want to install, this all in one unit can serve all your needs. Plus this unit cost only $150-175.. So you will save money compared to purchasing the 3 separate units which cost around $50-100 each! Plus since it's a single control box, it is much easier and less confusing to install since you don't have to find a place to hide and wire 2 or 3 separate control boxes in our limited space.

Also for those who use Nav/VSS systems and find it a nightmare/inconvenient to install...
The GMOS-100 also provides a 12 volt 10 amp accessory output and outputs to help install a navigation radio which include VSS, Parking Brake, and Reverse.

P.S. From the wording in the Manual, it may seem like you still need to purchase a wiring harness specific to your vehicle, however, they are all included in the set.

Also here is a website with the best price of $150 and free shipping
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...+GMOS-100.html

[CENTER]---
2009 Brazen Roadster Street Edition
-Purchased Sunday June 6, 2010
---

Last edited by RavenSol; 08-01-2010 at 08:59 PM.
post #110 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 01:32 PM

Garage
Great info - this thread was great to have before diving in. Love the clean look of a new double din. My Kenwood is up and running great. Really appreciated all the good info here.

Check out Western Canada Kappa Club on Facebook !

My Garage https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/g...ehicle_id=1132

Last edited by King-Oka; 06-24-2012 at 12:57 PM.
post #111 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 08:08 PM

Garage
Just noticed a few guys here have Kenwood. Wondering what the trick is to modify the splash screen ( where Kenwood add comes up when you turn it on). Mines a 6990

post #112 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 08:27 PM

You can find that for most decks and probably the 6990 at Kenwoodforums.com

Edit: Check this thread... http://www.kenwoodforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2805

You can find a couple images for the Solstice a few posts down on this page.

http://www.kenwoodforums.com/viewtop...solstice#p5787

WooHoo!!! Ordered a loaded Deep GXP on March 19th, 2008. Order number 0814D93708
Event code 3400 on April 12, 2008
Born April 30, 2008
Delivered to dealer May 23th, 2008
Delivered on May 27, 2008

Mods: lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and
Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with Solo hi-flow cat!

Last edited by Sly Bob; 06-24-2012 at 08:37 PM.
post #113 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012, 08:59 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly Bob View Post
You can find that for most decks and probably the 6990 at Kenwoodforums.com

Edit: Check this thread... KenwoodForums.com • View topic - HOW TO: DNX9990HD Splash Screen Proceeder

You can find a couple images for the Solstice a few posts down on this page.

KenwoodForums.com • View topic - DNX9960 Startup Screen Image Uploads (.BMP ONLY)
Thanks Sly Bob,
Nice images that your son did. My issue is that I cannot access teh OEM Image directory. It shows me an OEM Setup tab, but it's greyed out (not active). I did post on Kenwood forum, so am hoping for an answer there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode