Sub for base audio? - Page 3 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2015, 06:00 AM

here is what I did . I bought 2 of these fits perfect behind the seat with OUT moving the seats the bass is way more then needed . BOSSŪ BASS1400 - 10" Low Profile 1400W Amplified Subwoofer buy it from amazon it was 127 there . you wont be disappointed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 03:48 PM
Founding Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM-Smith View Post
Lots of tweaks on the factory box from Charlie to make it fit, plus a 3/4" spacer on the inside of the cabin. Removed the factory grill ('09 had it even without Monsoon). the spacer fits that spot.
Do you know the distance between the waterfall cover and the factory monsoon sub box? Let's say I want the sub to be flush with the waterfall cover, will a single 3/4 ring do it, or would I have to stack two of them? I know it doesn't get seen very often, but I would like to cut out the factory grill, install it flush, and then place the sub's "trim ring" on top to make it look like a good custom installation.

I've got a factory monsoon box that I'm going to cut to fit a 10" and use mounting rings on top with a Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-10.

2009 Solstice GXP | Wicked with all the trimmings, including Solo exhaust, DDM Stage I brake kit, low flow catback, CAI, GM Stage II tune, DDMWorks brace package, Michelin Pilot SuperSport tires, and a from-scratch stereo install.

Sean + Molly Photographers
concART | Concert Photography

Last edited by Fortimir; 07-02-2015 at 04:00 PM.
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 09:30 PM

Sorry, just saw this, and saw your other thread, so looks like you are done. My modified box was brought flush with the face of the box with 1/8" spacer. then I pulled the factory grill (popped the heat stakes loose and it came off clean, could go back if I wanted). I used neoprene stick-on gasket so that the waterfall could pull tight to the box, then a 3/4" spacer to fill the triangle speaker grill opening, and covered that with black vinyl. The JBL10" sub barely fits, with many of the ribs inside of the monsoon box cut out. I'll try to remember to get some pics up for folks who run across this in the future.

On a 105 degree day in Texas with some 80's rock cranked a bit too loud, I manage to get a thermal shut down after about 30 minutes on my trunk mounted amp. Not sure if I can solve that, but it seems OK below 100 degrees....

2009 GXP Roadster
post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcorey View Post
here is what I did . I bought 2 of these fits perfect behind the seat with OUT moving the seats the bass is way more then needed . BOSSŪ BASS1400 - 10" Low Profile 1400W Amplified Subwoofer buy it from amazon it was 127 there . you wont be disappointed

Could you post or pm me pictures of your install please?
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sol View Post
Well, the sub is in. I have no doubt that a factory enclosure is the way to go. But, if you don't have one, and can't fabricate, and really want one back there, it is do-able.

I have never heard a Monsoon system, so I can't compare the two, but I like it. Installed a set of CS Kicker 6 3/4 in the doors, (plug and play), a set of CS Kicker 3 1/2 in the side panels behind the door, (I think, might remember the size wrong, but still plug and play with new wire connecters), a pair of base blockers on the 3 1/2s, and the Kicker Hide-a-way sub. Mounted the sub remote in the storage between the seats. I am very happy with the results.

Notice it does bulge the cover a bit, but not really noticeable unless you look for it.

Thanks again to everyone for the help and thoughts.

Mack

Hey Mack did you add an amp for the door speakers? Also, how happy are you with the setup?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode