TIS2Web SPS programming & subscriptions - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Update #2. Well I was careless and had my laptop on battery. It went into hibernation and suspended the VM. This left the programing in a hung state and I had to forcefully quit. Needless to say the radio was soft bricked. However, I was able to power cycle and hook it back up and go through the programming again, and now it works. Phew. Next I hooked up the Panasonic radio from the Malibu. Unlocked it with the Tech2, then tried to do SPS programming in TIS2000. Lo and behold it didn't error out to my surprise! However, since this radio is newer than 08 TIS2000 doesn't it have it in its database so I can't program it. The volume level is a bit better, but still higher than normal. Just for academic purposes, since everything seemed to be communicating I plugged the Delphi radio from the Cobalt back in. I ran SPS and it errored out again. So a revised theory is something that Delphi Cobalt radio sends back causes a communication error with TIS2000. My next step is going to be to purchase the TIS2Web and try to reprogram the new radios. Stay tuned.
kjelle69 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

@JMA321 I was doing some digging through the TIS2Web documentation for service programming. On page 39 of the PDF, or around 3:10 in the youtube video it shows that it returns a VIN just like in my TIS2000. In your single VIN subscription on TIS2Web do you see the same screen? Will it let you edit and enter another VIN? I can do this on my TIS2000, but only up to 2008. I only want to program my VIN, but need an alternate VIN to see the correct RPO codes and programming.

PDF https://gsi.ext.gm.com/userguides/GM...User_Guide.pdf
Youtube

Last edited by n4cr2k; 03-25-2018 at 05:35 PM. Reason: typo
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 05:06 AM

Garage
I will have to connect to the car later to check but I am pretty sure it reads it and there is no way to edit the VIN.

What you can do though before purchasing anything is go to the link below, enter the real car VIN, select the stereo option you wan, and then on the next page it will give a long list of hardware IDs. See if the radio you want to use is listed there. It might might be there even for your VIN without faking anything.

https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web/

If it is not there I guess you could write a wrong/fake VIN to the ECM and then connect to th SPS. That would trick it while you program the radio and then you could write it back. Either way check the VIN against the site above and make sure it lists the radio you want before purchasing the subscription.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

Yes, I've familiar with the that site. It gives me the same part numbers as TIS2000, which seem to be every radio part number for the 07-08 RPO radios options. The only way I know to see the 09+ RPO codes and part numbers is to enter a VIN from that year. I guess the other option is VCI, but I'm not sure I get access to that with my subscription. If you have a chance to connect to you car, I'd be interested to see what happens.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018, 07:23 AM Thread Starter

So I bought the $40 2 year vehicle programing subscription. It does give you a prompt to change or enter a new VIN number. However, it then gives an error about the VIN not being assigned to the subscription. It seems the first time you connect, it records your VIN and assigns it to your subscription. I sent a message to ACDelco/GM asking about the issue.
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 04:22 PM

How did this exciting story end?
I am on the verge of buying a Tech-2 scanner but maybe the VcxNano is a better and cheaper option?
ALLSCANNER | Shenzhen AllScanner Tech Co., Ltd

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4cr2k View Post
Status update. So I put the factory stereo back in, and bingo TIS2000 worked perfectly. It came back and asked for the part number, I put in my radio, and there was an update to the factory programming, so it's applying that now. Next I'll try the other newer radio (panasonic vs delphi) to see what happens. My current guess is that when the vehicle reports back its inventory, TIS2000 only goes up to 2008, so the 09 parts aren't in the database and it chokes and throws an error. But since my laptop & Tech2 are working fine, I should be able to purchase the SPS programing with TIS2Web and program those newer radios. We'll see.
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

@kjelle69

It all worked out in the end. I can't remember which radio I used (Panasonic or Delphi), but its the one that let me keep my red led face plate so it looks totally factory. To program it, I did need to spend another $39 (or whatever the cost is) to add another VIN. But that was only because the part isn't in the programming database for my model year. The Tech 2 itself has been great. I recently used it to pair a new key fob to the vehicle.
kjelle69 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode