2Likes
  • 1 Post By Sting Ya
  • 1 Post By easyryderca

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Cheap Mudguards

Hello All,

My 2007 GXP had mud guards on it when I purchased it from the previous owner. I am pretty sure they aren't the OEM parts the dealers put on. They look pretty good to me and are very flexible.

Alas I accidentally ripped a small piece of the rear passenger side flap last summer by running over debris that fell off somebody's truck. So I need replacements. I looked at the mud guards on the car and could not find any obvious branding.

Has anybody tried these mud guards (I think the ones on the car looks similar) :

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and these

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought some RedHound rears off of eBay to replace the rears on the car but do not like the hard plastic.

What are other forum members using since the OEM mud guards are few and far between?

Bob

2007 Envious GXP

(BOBKAT SOLM88)

Stock Envious GXP with a few extras.

Bob S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2018, 03:18 AM

You get what you pay for $15.00 cheap ,ill fitting junk per the reviews there are still OEM sets out there you just have to be patient and look they do pop up from time to time .I picked up a spare set from a dealer who was closing out his inventory of left over Solstice parts last fall . I personally like the hard plastic OEM ones the bottom of the rears got scraped up over time and all I had to do was take some 800 grit sand paper and clean up the bottoms ,some Wizards Black Renu and they look as good as new .
sirwm likes this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 06:31 PM

honestly i like the idea of flexible ones.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 06:38 PM

Picked up a set of OEM that even came painted to match the car from the dealership a few years ago & have held up quite well .
Sting Ya likes this.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 11:01 PM

I worry about hitting speed bumps. There's a half dozen on my daily commute.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RION View Post
I worry about hitting speed bumps. There's a half dozen on my daily commute.
If you don't "speed" over the bumps you'll have nothing to worry about . I've had mine on for 8 years now with the only issue being steep driveways and the OEM ones are so well made that they hold up ,again a clean up with some sandpaper at the bottoms and a little Wizards Black Renu and they look great again . The other thing to consider is the cost of touching up the chips which are inevitable if you run your car without them . I also added a set of custom made chip guards in front of my rear wheels another area where the cars are prone to get chips .

Last edited by Sting Ya; 04-26-2018 at 08:47 AM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 04:23 PM

Location: at the snow white beaches of north west florida...or in the shop, but never on the couch. possibly playing pool.or eating
so... are there any better/wider mud flaps that fit our cars? oh somuch gets by these...be nice if there were some "soft" extensions that could go on them for some added protection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode