How To Pack A Sol! - Page 3 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 08:31 PM

I wanted to share a some inexpensive bags I found on eBay that seem to fit quite well even with the top down. The larger bags are from the manufacturer HiPack and their item number is a DB18X (18 inch bag). They are not bad for the price and I picked up two of them for a price of $17.88 each with free shipping. https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Hi-Pack...72.m2749.l2649
When you look at the pictures, the bag on the left I packed pretty tight and it was rather snug to get back in thru the widest part of the truck. It was holding 3 pairs of jeans, 5 pairs of socks, 5 pairs of underwear, and 5 T-shirts. The middle bag I went with only 2 pairs of jeans which is probably the best way to go.
Then, in front of the air compressor, there are two toiletry bags (black for me, pink for the wife). These are pretty cheap and I got these for $6.64 each with free shipping. There was no manufacturer mentioned on these bags. However, there is plenty of room for toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, perfume, aspirin, and lots of other little things. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Women-Hangi...72.m2749.l2649
Since we are not too tall (5'6" for me and 4'11" for the wife), I am going to see what I could find for some garment bags to hang on the back of the seats. We could fit a few sweat shirts and maybe move some of the T-shirts in there too. If anyone has any suggestions on that, I'm open for suggestions. We are hoping to take a trip to Minnesota's North Shore soon before we put the car away for the winter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5324.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	462.0 KB
ID:	98515   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5325.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	528.5 KB
ID:	98517   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5323.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	628.2 KB
ID:	98519  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 09:19 PM

You can add a significant proportion of volume to the trunk by replacing the compressor. Go to your local parts store (Advance, Auto Zone, et al) and buy a 12VDC powered air compressor and a plug kit. Put them on the floor behind your seat, and put the stock compressor on a shelf in your garage.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

I think I was young when I wrote this thread.
mike.robinmc likes this.

Mods: too many to list!

2007 GXP manual. Bought new Sept 2007
The Mean Machine
2009 GXP Coupe Auto # 526. Bought May 2016 - 1800 miles
The Ace of Spades
post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWR View Post
You can add a significant proportion of volume to the trunk by replacing the compressor. Go to your local parts store (Advance, Auto Zone, et al) and buy a 12VDC powered air compressor and a plug kit. Put them on the floor behind your seat, and put the stock compressor on a shelf in your garage.
Great idea. It might not seem like alot of space, but it would be considering just how little room there is in the trunk. I could fit my camera case back there in the added space I bet!
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 06:59 AM

I use the space for our "picnic bag" with the collapsing wine glasses, plates, cheese board, and mini table.

For the compressor you can also go one step further:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180602_180326947_LL.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	98521   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180602_180357717_LL.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	98523  
mike.robinmc likes this.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.robinmc View Post
Great idea. It might not seem like alot of space, but it would be considering just how little room there is in the trunk. I could fit my camera case back there in the added space I bet!
I use a Domke bag for my camera equipment, fits in the drivers side pocket that the top frame goes in, tripod in a soft case on the floor of the trunk. As always YMMV
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 08:51 AM

The compressor fits behind the seat as well. The fitted Solstice bags work well but you can't over stuff them, they have to keep their "box" shape to fit where they are designed for. I found a small cooler that fits with the two bags once the compressor is removed.

Pontiac lover & VietNam vet.
08 GXP 5speed Sly
69 Firebird 350 Carousel Red Convertible t-5
08 Grand Prix Ink Slate - Winter grocery getter
09 G8 Switchblade Silver- Summer daily driver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode