Leather seat dye - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 4501 Safari

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Leather seat dye

Has anyone dyed/painted their seats/door panels to change the color ?

I'd like to change the tan/cashmere color to a graphite/gray color

any ideas ?

Last edited by Rick Bennett; 06-14-2019 at 06:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 06:48 PM

I once had a yellow Mustang with white leather. After about 30k, the white leather started looking dingy. I had my seats redone and "leather painted". DO NOT have your's leather painted!!! It comes off and gets all over everything. My car looked great for the show, but I walked around in black shorts with white dust all over them! And I don't believe leather can be dyed a different color once it's been tanned and dyed initially. You can pull that portion and redo it with a different leather. I had high hopes of doing that this winter, but I've had other, more important things come up.

Solo Street Race exhaust
Fujita CAI
ASAP T2 stripes and badging
Windrestrictor V2 lighted in white
Windrestrictor lighted door sills lighted in white
DDM Works IC Piping
Undercar LEDs in white to match Windrestrictor

ZZPerformance dyno tuned - 286HP, 317ft/lbs of torque at 23psi of boost.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 08:10 AM

I'll 2nd Ghost's statement regarding the ability to change the color of the leather seats. All but the very VERY high end vehicles have leather that is colored and "sealed". The sealed layer may eventually crack and you can see some fading or discoloration. That can be improved with something like Doc Bailey's leather color but you're not going to alter the whole piece.

Gonna have to take it apart and reupholster it or have a shop do it for you.

2007 2.4L N/A. Stock + some pretty crap.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 09:00 AM

Class is open...read here...

This is the only place/process I can say I trust, after years of research. The products and work is quite remarkable. If you have the time, patience and money there is a way to do about anything you can think of. Write of call them and see what they may suggest for you.

Home Page | Leatherique Restoration Products Leatherique Restoration Products

I still have a gray Bonneville SEi 12-way bucket seat interior I dream of installing in my Roadmaster Wagon. They can be color match changed to the tan of the Limited leather interior. I could never find a tan Bonneville set up that did not look like crap, due to age and the stretched seat back storage net. Not to mention the stock 1995 Buick Limited leather just won't wear out. The Buick leather is better quality than the Cadillac Fleetwood Broughams' leather of the '94/5/6 vintage. I would think our Solstice/Sky leather, while thinner, may be successfully worked with.

Richard Snipes
Rick Bennett likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 09:24 AM

Location: at the snow white beaches of north west florida...or in the shop, but never on the couch. possibly playing pool.or eating
that interior is what sold me on mine.... I would just get a interior from a recycle yard,junk yard, salvage, ebay how ever you look at it.ebay has had a few complete interriors that Ive seen and the price is good, probably less than dying it trght( witch I dont see looking good for very long any way. this steel/sand is what kept me out of a gxp....stupid but true.after a month having this ebay had a complete identickle interior like this for about $600....I should of got the gxp and swapped interior. although I do wish this interior had the silver dash insert....(my leather also looks like new with 56000 miles , most Ive seen look worse at less millage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode