Norm's Fiberglass - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By skersfan
  • 1 Post By YO MUDA
  • 1 Post By riggs314

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Norm's Fiberglass

Hi, I ordered and paid for a Classic Hood from Norms about 6 weeks ago but have been unable to contact him for the last 2 weeks. I have tried email, messenger and phoned several times but no response. His phone does not go to voice mail either. I would appreciate it if someone out there has any idea how to contact him or know if he is still in business. Thanks, Gary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 09:32 AM

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
Welcome to the forum.

I generally text him. If the hood is not in stock it can take several months to get into the production schedule and have a finished product shipped. Many of us have bought from him. I waited a year for my custom one off fenders. On the other hand, I have received side skirts in a month. It depends on what he has on hand and how busy he is. He is kind of a perfectionist and likes to spend time on each product to make sure its as good as he can make it.

His phone mail is generally full. I email him, PM him on this forum, or text him and generally get an answer within a day or so.

Rob the Elder

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 50 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
Punisher thread index
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post1765649
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post2067289

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 09:54 AM

Garage
Nothing unusual about your situation. He will contact you, he is a good guy. Just needs a better phone or office assistant. He runs a million miles a minute. Just be patient a little longer, I am sure you are in his cycle and he will take care of you.
raygun likes this.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:38 AM

Agree with Ske. Nothing unusual just got some stuff the other day. If you read any posts you know how he works I knew that going in. He comes across to me as a good guy who does excellent work(very impressed) but is easily sidetracked. But he dosnt forget you when you get a hold of him your info's right there. Just a guess hes ignoring your call because theres nothing to tell he hasnt got to it yet. When I ordered said wouldnt take long, gave me a date was about 3 weeks delivered was close to 6 mo.. I didnt call for 4 mo. he gave me an update when I would call but it still was a while longer then he said. One guy on here is over a year
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:46 AM

Agree, the timeframe is not unusual. Normsfiberglass is basically a one man operation. Sometimes he has help in his shop, and sometimes he's doing everything himself and then some. Yes he could be better at communication, but again he's a very busy man. Hang in there.

Mr & Mrs ChopTop's 09 Fastback & 06 Vert Mods thread:https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...session-75468/ Original join date; Oct 2005 under LowLife handle.

Last edited by ChopTop; 05-15-2019 at 03:15 PM.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick replies. I shall try to be more patient.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 12:42 PM

It took me 4 months to get a tail center exhaust fascia, but man is it beautiful.
sirwm likes this.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 04:50 PM

Garage
Norm really got me angry when I purchased my hood from him...

The paint job (along with the superb quality of the hood) was so darn fantastic, I now have to get the rest of the car repainted to match the hood!!!

It's worth the wait...
raygun likes this.

Last edited by riggs314; 05-15-2019 at 04:56 PM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 06:22 PM

I talked to Norm less than 2 weeks ago and he is slowly starting to get things caught up from a side diversion. Checked on my hood and fenders and they are ready to paint within a week or two. My order was placed Feb. 2018. I agree with "skersfan" be patient he has not forgot you and he will deliver!!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 07:40 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to raygun
My fenders and bumper also took quite awhile to get. But, when they arrived, they were *perfect*. I had to trim a bit off of the bumper to fit my Big Freaking Intercooler, but that was all. It would easily have fit a stock intercooler.

I know the delays can be frustrating and worrisome. But, Norm is a solid guy. The parts will arrive at some point.

Blue-ish 2006 2.4, Werks stage 1 turbo, Borla cat-back, DDM braces, Spec aluminum flywheel, Spec stage 2 clutch, Werks aluminum radiator, some gauges, RKSport hood, Morimoto FX-Rs, GReddy Profec, Norm's fenders

'07 GXP, RPM Stage 2, Solocatless downpipe, TCE Wilwood 6 piston front brakes, 4-piston rears , Stainless brake lines, slotted/drilled rotors, BC Racing BR coilovers, Performance Autowerks intercooler, DDMWorks CAI, charge pipes and braces
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 03:13 PM

Norm is an OK guy.My experience in the past is when you go in to these projects,you throw the calendar out the window. If you want a quality job & Norm does do quality work.as witnessed by others plus is willing to work with you with any changes or mods'I learned a long time ago, when you find a good fiberglass guy,(think corvette) its best to hang on to him

Last edited by Nervous Norvous; 05-16-2019 at 03:16 PM.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 04:51 PM

Took me a couple of months to get my rear fascia but it was well worth the wait. He does first class work.

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode