Ordering from Norm's - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to raygun
Ordering from Norm's

Has anyone gotten anything from Norm lately? I ordered some fenders and a 430 bumper awhile ago and haven't had any news recently. I understand the fire put a serious hitch in his operation and I can be patient, but I need to paint the bulk of my car - tired of looking at primer - and I'd rather shoot everything at the same time.

But, if it's going to take another six months, I'll move forward and paint what I have now. Anyone?

(I was hesitant to ask as I don't want to give the impression that I'm unhappy with Norm - he seems like a great guy, just in a difficult spot - but I don't feel like his delivery estimates are realistic.)

Blue-ish 2006 2.4, Werks stage 1 turbo, Borla cat-back, DDM braces, Spec aluminum flywheel, Spec stage 2 clutch, Werks aluminum radiator, some gauges, RKSport hood, Morimoto FX-Rs, GReddy Profec, Norm's fenders

'07 GXP, Werks Big Wheel K04 and tune, Solo catless downpipe, TCE Wilwood 6 piston front brakes, 4-piston rears , stainless brake lines, slotted/drilled rotors, BC Racing BR coilovers, Performance Autowerks intercooler, DDMWorks CAI, charge pipes and braces, RPM rollbar

Last edited by raygun; 02-03-2017 at 01:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 02:32 PM

Have you tried contacting Norm?

"You can't be lost if you don't care where you are."
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 02:43 PM

He shipped my fenders to DDM a couple of weeks ago. Still waiting on my hood. Both were ordered at the Arkansas NASSM. He got behinder than normal due to the fire. Call him.

It's sticky!!!
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 10:02 PM

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
I agree give him a call.

Rob the Elder

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 50 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
Punisher thread index
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post1765649
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post2067289

post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I've called him a few times - always answers, always working, and you have to admire that. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it - just seeing if products were making it out of the door - and, apparently, the are. That's all I really needed to know, but I'll check in. As long as the queue is moving, I'm good.

In his defense, I changed my order a few months in after I managed to fix the quarter-panel damage, after confirming that he hadn't started making the quarters I'd previously ordered. (The molds were damaged in the fire, and he had "just finished repairing them," probably for me.) I fully expected to be bumped to the end of the bumper/fender line when that happened.

BUT, I think I'll go ahead and paint the rest of the car. It'll give me time to figure out what I did wrong for when I have to re-do it.

On a slightly-related note: if your significant other ever runs over your watch with a Very Large SUV, the folks in Switzerland will take their merry time fixing it or, more likely, deciding that it's a lost cause. They may have shipped it back via sherpa. I'm not sure which - car parts or watch - will arrive first.

Thanks, everyone.

Blue-ish 2006 2.4, Werks stage 1 turbo, Borla cat-back, DDM braces, Spec aluminum flywheel, Spec stage 2 clutch, Werks aluminum radiator, some gauges, RKSport hood, Morimoto FX-Rs, GReddy Profec, Norm's fenders

'07 GXP, Werks Big Wheel K04 and tune, Solo catless downpipe, TCE Wilwood 6 piston front brakes, 4-piston rears , stainless brake lines, slotted/drilled rotors, BC Racing BR coilovers, Performance Autowerks intercooler, DDMWorks CAI, charge pipes and braces, RPM rollbar

Last edited by raygun; 02-03-2017 at 10:57 PM.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 11:34 AM

hello, not to worry. Ive got the bumper made trimming now, fenders are done will ship both in the same crate. we're getting caught up, though I admit it's a struggle. The fire almost killed me but it's all cleaned up now. Thanks again for your patience Norm

Oh and to add I've shipped 9 items this past week, so we're getting there. Plus I'm making fender extentions similiar to Bunny Rockets for the World of Wheels show early March in Chicago too. Thanks again
Steelmesh likes this.

Last edited by normsf; 02-04-2017 at 11:41 AM.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by normsf View Post
hello, not to worry. Ive got the bumper made trimming now, fenders are done will ship both in the same crate. we're getting caught up, though I admit it's a struggle. The fire almost killed me but it's all cleaned up now. Thanks again for your patience Norm
Thanks, Norm.

post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
To all who read this thread:

I did NOT intend to present Norm or his shop in a negative light. He makes amazing, gorgeous stuff - far better than anything out there in terms of build quality and attention to detail. The last thing I want to do is discourage any other potential clients. This is a small community - I certainly didn't want to be the guy that complains incessantly in a public forum until someone shoves a sippy cup in his hand.

Real art takes time. My only remaining concern is that the components are going to make the OTHER parts of my car look like crap by comparison. (Norm, maybe you can charge a little extra for the slightly-less-perfect version?)

TL;DR: I would not hesitate to buy from Norm again - I'm just trying to figure out some logistics. (Also, driving through Wylie, TX with a car that is 1/3 gray primer tends to invite unwelcome attention from the local gestapo. Not fun!)
rob the elder likes this.

post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Norm is awesome.

Will post pics when painting, etc. is done.

THANK YOU NORM.

post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raygun View Post
Norm is awesome.

Will post pics when painting, etc. is done.

THANK YOU NORM.
hello David, not seeing this post before I shipped out your parts. As I couldn't figure out who you where by only the user name plus the shipping address got changed and is different from this profile. Any way you we're so patient that I included a set of side skirts to go along with your previous order at no charge. Thanks again from Norm
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 12:18 AM

Garage
I am getting a warm and fuzzy feeling!!!!!
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Any way you we're so patient that I included a set of side skirts to go along with your previous order at no charge. Thanks again from Norm
Damn!
raygun likes this.

Mr & Mrs ChopTop's 09 Fastback & 06 Vert Mods thread:https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...session-75468/ Original join date; Oct 2005 under LowLife handle.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 06:43 AM

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to HotScott
Wonderful customer service!
raygun likes this.

•Werks Tune
•Tunnel Brace
•35% Tinted windows
•Performance Werks V8 525hp Conversion
•T-56 6 Speed Manual Transmission
•Spec 2+ Clutch
•Custom Dual Exhaust
•BC Racing Coilovers
•Rear Brace
•A/C and Cruise
•Forgestar F14 wheels and Pilot Sport tires
•Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
hello David, not seeing this post before I shipped out your parts. As I couldn't figure out who you where by only the user name plus the shipping address got changed and is different from this profile. Any way you we're so patient that I included a set of side skirts to go along with your previous order at no charge. Thanks again from Norm
You're a good man, Norm. Thanks for everything. If you ever have need of a software or electrical engineer, or just need your lawn mowed, let me know and I'll be there!

post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 10:34 AM

Just talked to Norm & he said that our hood is being made. Which is good since mrs stuck's Sol got nailed in the last hailstorms.

It's sticky!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode