E47 tune - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By SSolstice
  • 1 Post By Saveaux

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
E47 tune

Im looking for advice on an E47 tune. I have read many threads on the various options and I'm soliciting advice on comparing tunes. Lots of the opinion is "old" and I can't tell if there has been much change or new in the last few years.

1. Hp Tuners do it myself
2. Hp Tuners remote tune
3. Trifecta

If option 2 who would you recommend?

I want to keep it daily driver streetable. 2009 GXP with low miles and excellent mechanical condition.

Thanks, you guys are awesome!

my signature here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 09:52 PM

I would go with option 1. I have personally tuned my last 5 LNF cars, but this time I was seduced by RPM website claims. I purchased RPM's premium gas and e47 tune. I did not like the premium gas tune, the e47 tune was ok, both were extremely conservative. The only reason i bought RPM's tune was because everyone on facebook was impressed, but I am guessing those people have never been tuned. I went back to my personal tune which is more refine and aggressive.
Saveaux likes this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 11:46 PM

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 08:20 AM

Garage
PAW Dave. Only person that Id let tune my car.
raygun likes this.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 04:15 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to raygun
Get a dyno tune. Around here (Dallas), it'll run you around $500, give or take. A remote tune, or a canned tune, cannot possibly be as well fitted to your car as the product of a competent tuner working on your car, in real time, on a dyno.

Failing that, I'd go with Performance Autowerks (aka, PAW, aka Werks). I've dealt with them for 5 years and have never had an issue with any of their products, their customer service is amazing and *very* responsive and Dave Gilbert is a badass.

I was also disappointed with the RPM tune that I bought awhile back. Dyno reported numbers way less than the GMPP tune would've promised (and yes I'm adjusting for whp vs bhp, with a generous margin). With PAW's tune, I went from 30whp less than a friend with an identical setup (except for axel-back exhaust) to having to brake to avoid rear-ending him on an on-ramp.

Blue-ish 2006 2.4, Werks stage 1 turbo, Borla cat-back, DDM braces, Spec aluminum flywheel, Spec stage 2 clutch, Werks aluminum radiator, some gauges, RKSport hood, Morimoto FX-Rs, GReddy Profec, Norm's fenders

'07 GXP, Werks Big Wheel K04 and tune, Solo catless downpipe, TCE Wilwood 6 piston front brakes, 4-piston rears , stainless brake lines, slotted/drilled rotors, BC Racing BR coilovers, Performance Autowerks intercooler, DDMWorks CAI, charge pipes and braces, RPM rollbar

Last edited by raygun; 09-10-2019 at 04:18 PM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I'm in Lubbock. Who would you recommend in your neck of the woods. We're not that far apart (by Texas standards).

One of the things that seems apparent from various forum posters on a variety of forums is the LNF Bosch E69 ecu is a different beast. Supposedly just being a good tuner isn't enough unless you have experience on the Bosch way of doing things. I'm not sure where to start locally. Not much of a Kappa turnout at the local car events.

Thanks for the advice

my signature here
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 06:33 PM

Are you okay with precisely mixing 93 and e85? Because it's a pain and if you're off by a 1/2 gallon, your car won't perform.

Solo Street Race exhaust
Fujita CAI
ASAP T2 stripes and badging
Windrestrictor V2 lighted in white
Windrestrictor lighted door sills lighted in white
DDM Works IC Piping
Undercar LEDs in white to match Windrestrictor

ZZPerformance dyno tuned - 286HP, 317ft/lbs of torque at 23psi of boost.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
While I have't done this on a regular basis, I think I can manage to put 5 gallons of E85 and 5 gallons of 91 octane (best we have available) in the tank. I have pulled a quart of E85 from my local pump several times and run it in a tester to see how consistent the mix was. So far pretty satisfied.

I would be fine with running straight E85 but I understand that is pretty involved mechanically. I'm perfectly willing to switch to the Opal injectors but the fifth injector and HPFP changes don't seem worth the inconvenience of fuel mixing instead.

my signature here
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 06:52 PM

Just to let you know, I was going to do mine with an e47 tune and was talked out of it by 3 different tuners. They told me to do the conversions and just go e85 because many people blew their cars up because is't really hard to keep the afr right. Or, just get an LHU and put it in your car....they're e85 ready.

Solo Street Race exhaust
Fujita CAI
ASAP T2 stripes and badging
Windrestrictor V2 lighted in white
Windrestrictor lighted door sills lighted in white
DDM Works IC Piping
Undercar LEDs in white to match Windrestrictor

ZZPerformance dyno tuned - 286HP, 317ft/lbs of torque at 23psi of boost.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ghost View Post
Just to let you know, I was going to do mine with an e47 tune and was talked out of it by 3 different tuners. They told me to do the conversions and just go e85 because many people blew their cars up because is't really hard to keep the afr right. Or, just get an LHU and put it in your car....they're e85 ready.
AFR is easy to control with the factory wideband. Your ECU is always adjusting. You just don't want to be so far off that it's throwing a code. I run e47 on mine with the EFR.

My BMW with a piggyback tune runs flex fuel (any mixture) on a bone stock motor. No issues. It does the same thing as the factory computer but it expects to see a larger range of potential corrections and won't complain when they occur.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 08:07 PM

I disagree with ghost, you don't need a perfect mixture our cars have wideband 02 sensors, so our cars can automatically adjust the fuel requirements.

To run full e85 you need opel injectors and a LT1 hpfp or zzp's hpfp. I was running full e85, but fuel economy drop drastically and e85 gas is much heavier in comparison to gasoline (i am trying to be as light as possible). Currently I'm running a e70 mixture and e70 is just 1 mpg less than e47.

A friend of mine is running zzp's e47 tune and in the 1/4 mile he is trapping 116 mph (stock turbo), if i am not miskaten is the cheapest of all tuning companies.

Hola!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode