EDAL Anti-Lag Mod - Page 4 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 12:17 PM

Reverted back to stock as well, the auto car felt like it fell on its face during shifts. Will try it stock for a while. Only a minute to change around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 08:07 AM

Installed this mod on Monday night, engine threw a CEL on Thursday morning (~150-200 miles since install). I've double checked to make sure I installed the mod correctly and that all of the fittings are tight - everything matches the pictures.

I won't know whether the two are related until I bring it in to have the code read this afternoon, but nothing else has changed about the vehicle - same driving conditions, same fuel, etc.

Anyone have any idea what could be going wrong?
post #48 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 11:27 AM

After the mod, my wife complained about some surging at cruise and it using more gas. She wanted it put back to stock.

WifesGXP
'07 Mean GXP, Wester's race tune.
'06 Caddy CTS-V
'12 Sonic LTZ m6 turbo
Newcastle, Ontario, Canada
post #49 of 94 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 03:53 PM

Up above I posted that I had encountered a CEL after having installed this mod.

It turns out today that the codes I threw were P0300-P0304, all related to cylinder misfires.

I don't know enough about cars to determine whether or not these two things are related, but I urge modders to be careful. It seems as though these codes may be completely unrelated, and may have more to do with faulty spark plugs and short trips. Do a search for P0300 or P0301 on these forums or over at solsticegxpowners.com for more details.

Will update after service tomorrow.

EDIT - UPDATE:

It turns out that my engine was misfiring because I had not sufficiently tightened the zip ties around the vacuum tubes - one in particular. My mechanic got a $1.99 baggie of stock metal clamps, applied them appropriately, and solved the problem.

Last edited by JBandit; 09-29-2007 at 10:39 AM.
post #50 of 94 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil goat View Post
Wow that's the hard way, look at image No. 4 see the vaccum hose on the far left coming out of the solenoid get a coupler not a T pull that hose off plug it into th hose coming off the front of the solenoid, the one with the bends in it. Now unplug the hose off the back of the solenoid and follow it to the cold side pipe, unplug it and put a rubber nipple over the little pipe, wire tie the stuff and you are done, NO CUTTING NO TEE NO UGLY MESS!
Thanks lil goat. I did it your way, but with one modification. I attached the hose on the left to the one on the front using a coupler: that part is the same as your instructions. I then capped off the nipple on the left of the solenoid. Then, instead of removing and discarding the other hose going from the solenoid to the cold side pipe, I simply disconnected it from the cold side pipe and curled it around under the solenoid and attached the open end to the nipple on the front of the solenoid. Doing that effectively seals off the solenoid, eliminates the need for two additional caps, and leaves the stock vacuum hose still under the hood (neatly) so if you should ever want to reattach, you can just unclip that one side (front side of the solenoid) and move it back down to the cold side pipe and reattach. Of course, I capped the nipple on the cold side pipe also. I also used all the stock compression hose clamps... don't know why so many people are sliding those back and using new ones or zip ties: the stock ones work fine.

My .02.

Mike
post #51 of 94 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 09:34 PM

There's a reason why GMs technitions did what they did to make the car the way it is. You guys are fun-ny By the way, what's turbo lag?? The last i experianced, the only thing that was lagging was a 2006 S/C Cobra. That was from my measly after market Hahn Turbo kit. I now call it the Punisher.

#1928 Delivered Mysterious Home Oct.19, 2005 All past augmentations:, GM Performance Exhaust, HRC high boost kit, Eibach lowering springs, chromies, HRC Stage 4, Random Technology High Flow cat Findanza Lighten Flywheel, RKsport CF Hood,, Greddy BOV, AEM A/F Gauge & Boost , Vertical doors, Oil Catch can, Gravana J2 staggered set wheels, EBC Dimple drilled slotted rotors, Hawk Performance brake pads, Proxis T1R tires, Carbon Fiber Gas Brake & Clutch pedals.
post #52 of 94 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 03:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to jctusmc03
did this today, worked awesome!
post #53 of 94 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jctusmc03 View Post
did this today, worked awesome!

Wow. Good timing. I went through yesterday morning clearing out my old thread subscriptions (had 215 now back down to 45) and for some reason decided to hold on to this one and sure enough a new post pops up.

Cool. I'm going on over a year with this set up and no regrets to date. Still spools faster than I can read the numbers.

DEEP, GT KIT,RK RAM AIR HOOD, DUAL WING, UP-SHIELD, EIB SPRNGS, DEJON CAI & I/C PIPES, CSTM EXHAUST,CSTM PAINT AND GRAPHICS, RMR STYLE BAR, LED AND ACCENT LIGHTS, CSTM GAUGE FACE, DASHHAWK, LAMBO DOORS, AVIC F700BT NAV, BONUS SUB & AMP, Prem. pkg w/leather, A/C, Auto, 18" chrome wheels, sport pedals, Backbone, Probeam, WERKS Tune.

"BLUE DEMON"

"For those who fight for it, FREEDOM has a flavor the protected will never know"

Former WCKCC member. Now MKC member.
post #54 of 94 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 04:00 PM

How does this mod work with an tune? Anyone tried? Results?

2007 Cool GXP, 5spd, all the bell & whistles except Skynet, I mean OnStar
PCM For Less Tune
DDM Backbone
SOLO GXP Mach
SOLD - 06/05/2010

Replaced my 2006 Jeep Rubicon http://www.clarioncreative.com/jeep/after0003.jpg
post #55 of 94 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 05:01 PM

I hated it with my tune, but some people do run it. I think the car runs much smoother without it. With a good tune you won't need it

Solo Mach and No Cat custom A/R cone
Dejon Intercooler, Intake Elbow, BOV spring
Wester's Garage tune
RMR Style Bar.
SSR Type C wheels, Nitto 555's
DDM Works PINK Breastplate, PRO Beam
HKS Coilovers
GXP Z0K rear sway bar with urethane bushings
Custom Jonymac glass wind screen, one of a kind.
Eclipse AVN726e; ZED Audio Leviathan, Image Dynamics tweeters, CTS door subs, active crossover tri-amped. Audio Control 6 channel 30 band parametric EQ.
JL Audio 10" sub
post #56 of 94 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 08:14 PM

Works fine for me but once I get the tune it (EDAL) will go back to stock.

2007 Cool GXP with Darkside Top, 5 spd, Ebony Cloth, Monsoon with Single CD, Sport Pedals, XM, A/C
Mods:Trifecta Budget Tune, Solo Performance Street/Race Exhaust, Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec Tires, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Porterfield R4S Brake Pads
post #57 of 94 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mena661 View Post
Works fine for me but once I get the tune it (EDAL) will go back to stock.
Same here.

DEEP, GT KIT,RK RAM AIR HOOD, DUAL WING, UP-SHIELD, EIB SPRNGS, DEJON CAI & I/C PIPES, CSTM EXHAUST,CSTM PAINT AND GRAPHICS, RMR STYLE BAR, LED AND ACCENT LIGHTS, CSTM GAUGE FACE, DASHHAWK, LAMBO DOORS, AVIC F700BT NAV, BONUS SUB & AMP, Prem. pkg w/leather, A/C, Auto, 18" chrome wheels, sport pedals, Backbone, Probeam, WERKS Tune.

"BLUE DEMON"

"For those who fight for it, FREEDOM has a flavor the protected will never know"

post #58 of 94 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 02:24 PM

Did this 2 days ago, and i can tell you that it does make a difference. The turbo doesnt take as long to build up boost between shifts like it used to. It's not THAT MUCH of a difference but i have OCD and i pay close attention to everything and i can tell that it HAS helped it build boost faster. Sometimes im just cruising in 4th gear around 40mph and i'll see about 5lb boost, before it would be maybe 2lb. Would be cheaper if you could buy individual vac connector and caps but you're forced to buy a pack of 4 for 1.99 each lol. So if you could buy individuals, that'd run you about $1

So in conclusion, shifts are much smoother.
post #59 of 94 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 08:31 PM

Hello guys! Well, I have a Cobalt, and i went ahead and gave this a shot. Well, I am not sure it worked. Any advice? I am HPtuned, and have my Desired Air Load tables set up very aggressively, so it could just be that I did not feel it. Now, I have only taken it on about a 5 mile test run since i did it.

Let's see if I understand this correctly, the biggest place i should feel this is between shifts, right? I didn't push it too hard today because I was looking for faster spool. Definitely didn't see that, so I will look harder tomorrow for the increase in boost during shifts. Also, this was a bit confusing as the Balt is setup differently, lol. One of the vacuum lines runs under the intake mani, does a loop, and goes into the mani, kinda goofy IMO.
post #60 of 94 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkriebs View Post
Hello guys! Well, I have a Cobalt, and i went ahead and gave this a shot. Well, I am not sure it worked. Any advice? I am HPtuned, and have my Desired Air Load tables set up very aggressively, so it could just be that I did not feel it. Now, I have only taken it on about a 5 mile test run since i did it.

Let's see if I understand this correctly, the biggest place i should feel this is between shifts, right? I didn't push it too hard today because I was looking for faster spool. Definitely didn't see that, so I will look harder tomorrow for the increase in boost during shifts. Also, this was a bit confusing as the Balt is setup differently, lol. One of the vacuum lines runs under the intake mani, does a loop, and goes into the mani, kinda goofy IMO.
Most that have performed any kind of tune to thier vehicle have reversed this mod and gone back to the stock set. If you didn't feel a difference, I would say it didn't do you any good. Your choice to keep it or not.

"BLUE DEMON"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode