P0010 and P0011 when running trifecta tune only - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By double_0_7

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

P0010 and P0011 when running trifecta tune only

I looked around the forum a lot, so I have an idea about what I need to do to fix it.

My trifecta tune is switched with my traction control. For the last two weeks or so, every time I switch to the tune, the CEL fired up. Turn off the tune, or don't reactivate it the next few times you start the car and the light clears itself.

Does this mean those two solenoids are going bad put still function well enough to keep up with the demands of the stick tune?

By the way, everything feels fine, no decrease in mpgs, etc. In my mixed driving, I'm still getting around 29, 30...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 06:35 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to raygun
The solenoids are cheap, easily-accessible and take a whopping 10 minutes to change with the help of just a 10mm wrench or socket. Any reason you donít just replace them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue-ish 2006 2.4, Werks stage 1 turbo, Borla cat-back, DDM braces, Spec aluminum flywheel, Spec stage 2 clutch, Werks aluminum radiator, some gauges, RKSport hood, Morimoto FX-Rs, GReddy Profec, Norm's fenders

'07 GXP, Werks Big Wheel K04 and tune, Solo catless downpipe, TCE Wilwood 6 piston front brakes, 4-piston rears , stainless brake lines, slotted/drilled rotors, BC Racing BR coilovers, Performance Autowerks intercooler, DDMWorks CAI, charge pipes and braces, RPM rollbar
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Because my first google search didn't show they were $25 total for both, and money's a little tight right now. DD in the shop for service at the time, but back now too. Also, I changed the ones in my wife's truck before, but they were harder than this looks, if not by much. Given that I was showing no real symptoms, I was wondering if I was making things worse by driving it. That made me curious about making things worse by using the tune.

Now that i know it's $25, and my DD is back, this isn't an issue anymore, unless I buy the solenoids and it's still happening.
raygun likes this.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 04:06 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to raygun
Oh, believe me: I get the money thing.

Those codes are pretty reliable. The solenoids are on top, up front. Takes a bit of wiggling and leverage to get them out, but otherwise itís pretty much as simple as it looks.

And, driving it that way wonít hurt anything. The ECM should deactivate VVT which will result in a slight power loss on an NA, more pronounced on a GXP. Either way, this is something that should be fixed but isnít super-urgent. Long term effects could include damage to emissions components (cats) and reduced fuel economy. May be others but thatís what comes to mind at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue-ish 2006 2.4, Werks stage 1 turbo, Borla cat-back, DDM braces, Spec aluminum flywheel, Spec stage 2 clutch, Werks aluminum radiator, some gauges, RKSport hood, Morimoto FX-Rs, GReddy Profec, Norm's fenders

'07 GXP, Werks Big Wheel K04 and tune, Solo catless downpipe, TCE Wilwood 6 piston front brakes, 4-piston rears , stainless brake lines, slotted/drilled rotors, BC Racing BR coilovers, Performance Autowerks intercooler, DDMWorks CAI, charge pipes and braces, RPM rollbar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode