Performance auto werks intake and IC pipes - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Performance auto werks intake and IC pipes

Just got them in today and the maf plate is upside down. So the air will not flow properly. I then checked the passenger side IC pipe and the hole for the map sensor is about 1/8" off so you can't screw it in. I have contacted Dave. I am very disappointed. I have wasted about 2 hours installing this stuff because someone there was careless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

Here is a picture of the issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181017_222609414_1539834953696.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	288.6 KB
ID:	91719   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181017_220259571_1539834998576.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	304.3 KB
ID:	91721  
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Would not have posted this here except they screwed up during the summer and "forgot" to ship my stage3+ clutch and aluminum flywheel... They sent it like a week after I complained.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 03:48 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to raygun
Sorry to hear that! I know that can be frustrating. Especially with something like a clutch & flywheel where you probably have a certain amount of time allocated for the install, and a shipping delay can push that by quite awhile.

That said: I've bought a lot of parts from Dave @ PWerks over the last four years, and only had one issue - two wires were swapped from their proper position in a MAP sensor harness adapter. (This item was drop-shipped from the manufacturer; the error was there's, not Werks'.) Dave identified the issue very quickly and offered to replace the errant part Real Fast. Fortunately, I was able to fix it myself in about 10 minutes once we identified the problem.

In my experience, stuff like this happens with smaller shops and low-volume cars a lot more than it would with, say, a Miata parts vendor. But, I've found DDM, PWerks and RPM to be very responsive when there is an issue.

Blue-ish 2006 2.4, Werks stage 1 turbo, Borla cat-back, DDM braces, Spec aluminum flywheel, Spec stage 2 clutch, Werks aluminum radiator, some gauges, RKSport hood, Morimoto FX-Rs, GReddy Profec, Norm's fenders

'07 GXP, RPM Stage 2, Solocatless downpipe, TCE Wilwood 6 piston front brakes, 4-piston rears , Stainless brake lines, slotted/drilled rotors, BC Racing BR coilovers, Performance Autowerks intercooler, DDMWorks CAI, charge pipes and braces
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode