Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

2006 Pontiac solstice 2.4l Turbo Build

13K views 50 replies 6 participants last post by  ChopTop 
#1 ·
So, started this build about 2-3 months ago. Any questions let me know. I'll post all my pics and links to my youtube channel!

So i got an 06 solstice 2.4l like new with only 8200 miles.

Current mods:

Rpm Motorsports custom turbo kit

Garrett gt2871r billet wheel ball bearing turbo

600hp Rpm intercooler

#60 ZZP fuel injectors

Tial 50mm BOV

Hp mpvi2 bluetooth tuner

Waterpump rerouted pipe with water out port

Turbo gapped sparkplugs

Dragon Boost gauge

Catless downpipe

WERKSRacing Street/Race MLS Head Gasket

ARP head studs

Werksracing Valve springs #80lb

Titanium Spring retainers

6k leds

Ddm works Coil cover with PAW decal

Heat painted Valve cover

More coming slowly but keeping it low key and more of a sleeper look.

See less See more
#30 ·
Threw on the bumper, had to cut about 4 inches off the bottom to accommodate for the large intercooler. The plan is to make a custom bumper splitter that will be color matched and attached to the bottom to complete the front end look so it doesn't look like a beaver at the moment.

Attachments

#31 ·
And that's a wrap for this one. More mods on the way such as bigger radiator and stage 3 clutch. Goal for it is to be over 400whp, and with the headstuds, springs and race headgasket it should see those numbers no problem. My last one was at 330hp without any engine work.

#42 ·
Here it is complete with hood on.
Great thread... the photos will help with my build. But I do have a question... what made you decide on RPM and not go with HAHN? Is it because of the water cooled turbo ? Thank you for your photos !
You know, i went with rpm due to the fact that they had the best price and fastest shipping.... or so i thought! But i was very wrong and would not recommend them to anyone anymore. A 10 day build kit turned into over 2 months and if i went with hahn they said 2 week wait time. So basically i went with the option that took my money the fastest and i regret it. I need to make a final video on everything that went wrong. I had so many adjustments to make and hoses and fittings to buy as well on this so called "bolt on kit." Quality sucks too, the piping had nothing but paint chips and runny paint that was supposed to be powder coated. Really irritated me cuz this thing has 8k miles, its gatta look top notch.

#37 ·
It looks really good but you want the winglets to be further back and more parallel to the bumper.
You may want to take a look at a C7 Vette with them.

Attachments

#43 ·
Well after a few months of the car sitting due to me selling my house and also having a baby, i began a few other things and now have the dual gauge pillar installed with an AEM wideband and an Evo boost gauge. Everything was electronic and at first confusing to wire but now that i figured it out it makes sense. I ran 1 insulated wire from the bottom of the gauge around the center console and to the footwell of the passenger side (fuse box location). That is my 12v ignition wire to feed power to the gauges.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.