Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Muffler options

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  SCISOLSTICE 
#1 ·
Ok team help me out.

What is the best set up for flow...

a single inlet muffler with dual outlets
OR
a single in and out then a "Y" pipe to the rear of the car..

sound and Flow are my two concerns...

OR do you try to run 2 mufflers?

:willy: :willy: :willy:

#2 ·
Flow = long tube header, straight pipe back all the way back :)

#3 ·
bowhunter1331 said:
Ok team help me out.

What is the best set up for flow...

a single inlet muffler with dual outlets
OR
a single in and out then a "Y" pipe to the rear of the car..

sound and Flow are my two concerns...

OR do you try to run 2 mufflers?

:willy: :willy: :willy:
A single in and out is as close as you are going to get, for max flow, but if sound is also a consideration, you will have to experiment with different muffler types.
Is to bad JBP has not posted any sound clips, but the sound of OBXSOL(KS1 and long tube), Achieftan(Billy Boat duals) and Marblyn/Lance(RKSport/Magnaflow dual) are all pretty good sounding notes, nothing like a Civic sound coming out from any of them.

#5 ·
Check out Kappasphere's KS1 Exhaust. It offers a GREAT sound, with absolutely no droning. I've driven from San Diego to LA in our old Solstice and it sounded amazing with the top up, down, stop and go, freeway... There are sound clips on the site as well so you can hear it for yourself.

#6 ·
Billy Boat

I have a B&B Dual Exaust set up on my solstice and it sounds great! It also added 7rwhp to the car according to the dyno. I can send a video file to anyone who wants to hear the B&B Exhaust on a solstice. Please remember it will be about a 7mb file so make sure your e-mail will support the download.

Thanks,

Chef M.

#7 ·
chefmartin said:
I have a B&B Dual Exaust set up on my solstice and it sounds great! It also added 7rwhp to the car according to the dyno. I can send a video file to anyone who wants to hear the B&B Exhaust on a solstice. Please remember it will be about a 7mb file so make sure your e-mail will support the download.

Thanks,

Chef M.
Chef, I would love to hear it ... photo's too
send it on...
I have to say it seems a litte pricey .. did you get the muffler or the hole system

#9 ·
bowhunter1331 said:
Thanks LV.
your the info source for sure....

how do I find these other sound clips..
I have heard the one OBXSOL put out.. do the others have sound clips?

THANKS AGAIN ALL FOR THE INFO.
Here is the link for marblym/Lance:
RKSport/Manaflow dual exits with Norm(Archie) rear diffuser.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14658

#10 ·
SCISOLSTICE said:
I ordered the Gm parts direct exhaust and the CAI. Hope I like it.
I love it! Met a couple of other solstice owners at the Delaware tune fest who had the GM CAI and they loved it too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.