Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Supercharger

18K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  CarolinaSolstice 
#1 ·
I hope this is not a dumb question , but does anyone know if DDM still sells supercharger kits for the 2.4 Solstice/Sky engine ? I looked on there site saw upgrade kits . Can't find supercharger kits . Did web search no luck . Thanks:leaving:

#8 ·
I'm dying here. Been wanting a Stage 3 supercharger since they came out, but the funds just weren't there. Now the funds aren't a problem at all, and there aren't any Stage 3's available. Dave at DDMWorks said they are working on some new parts for it and it won't be available for some time. Any suggestions? Already have the LT header with hiflo cat, SQR2 exhaust so I've been ready for this for quite some time. I think I've read about every post on this forum and others about them so am so psyched, but the waiting is killing me!! :)

#10 ·
All of the kits are going through an upgrade right now with the official introduction of the Rotrex kit also happening.

The Rotrex kit will be introduced first, this is the centrifugal kit that we have done several custom installs of here. We are installing the final pulley/belt setup on our 2.4L test car here to get some final horsepower numbers on that kit. It is an ideal kit for automatic cars or those that like to really rev their engines. I personally love the kit, very smooth and lots of fun. That kit will just come in 1 version that will run around 14psi peak pressure and will work on completely stock cars or those with modified exhausts also.

The older Stage 2/3 supercharger kits are having several parts upgraded. We changed the front plate that has the autotensioner to an easier install and upgraded the idler pulleys and were also able to reduce the parts. The supercharger outlet manifold is being re-cast into a smoother, better flowing piece that will gain some more power on those kits also. The first prototype on the casting had a couple small issues that we are having redone now, then those kits will be back.

So, the Rotrex kits should start to be available next week, the Stage 2/3 kits are probably about a month out from ordering.

Hope that helps,
Dave

#14 ·
I've said this elswhere but am repeating for convenience

Our club president bought an early 06. When I got my GXP we were always waiting for him to catch up.

He bought and self installed a stage 2 SC kit on his car. He did all the work himself over a weekend as he drove the car to and from work at that time.

Following his achieving the stage 2 performance levels, his car and my stock GXP performed basically identically but for mileage. The 2.0 gets better mileage in all use cases.

I got the full set of mods then available, including high flow cat, GMPP tune, cat back, charge tubes, bigger intercooler and my car was marginally quicker though not faster than his. He drove straight through to DDM Works, had them install the stage 3 kit including a custom dyno tune by Dr Dave and his car was marginally quicker than mine. When my car was dyno'd by Dave on his DDM Works dyno it showed 305 WHP. thus one could conclude that the Stage 3 kit was comperable to that HP level but had the advantage of producing more power down low which provided an advantage for acceleration contests.

I then got the DDM Works "ultimate package" and now our president's stage 3 equipped 2.4 car has no chance against my NA car.

I add to this recent experience with another club members converted 2.4. He self installed the Werks turbo "kit". Based on his experience its not for the faint of heart but its a nice kit that is demanding to install and provides great performance once its been tuned. He had a lot of learning both with the mechanical install and with the tuning. But the end result is basically a rocket ship! His is an auto so when he hits the go pedal its gone!

His challenges with that kit were it is designed for the "experienced mechanic" to install so some of the steps are not defined in a manner that is easly comprehensible by a casual wrench turner working in their garage late at night. There were several phone calls back to Werks to get further instructions but in the end it all came out beautifully.

In my experience, the DDM kit is designed so anyone who knows anything about cars can successfully do the install

#18 ·
Jared, you need to bring yours up for the install, would love to see those new wheels.

The Rotrex kit was finished up today and we are going to start taking orders for that once it gets up on the site. :)

The regular Stage 2/3 kits are waiting on another prototype to come back before we start taking orders for those again.

That is the current state of supercharger kits :)

#23 ·
DDM supercharger

DO NOT ORDER FROM DDM.
I ordered a supercharger from DDM 3 months ago but never received it. I have left several voice mail and email messages but never got a single response. The only thing they did quickly was cash my $1,000 deposit.I will be pursuing this through the Better Business Bureau, American Express and if necessary the state Attorney General.

#25 ·
DO NOT ORDER FROM DDM.
I ordered a supercharger from DDM 3 months ago but never received it. I have left several voice mail and email messages but never got a single response. The only thing they did quickly was cash my $1,000 deposit.I will be pursuing this through the Better Business Bureau, American Express and if necessary the state Attorney General.
wow - my experience with them has been wonderful... Ashley is always in the office. are you calling the correct phone number ?

#24 ·
That is not the DDM we all know, not sure what to make of your issue but hopefully Dave will respond to your inquiries.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.