Supercharger - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-08-2015, 09:20 PM

Any word Dave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
All of the kits are going through an upgrade right now with the official introduction of the Rotrex kit also happening.

The Rotrex kit will be introduced first, this is the centrifugal kit that we have done several custom installs of here. We are installing the final pulley/belt setup on our 2.4L test car here to get some final horsepower numbers on that kit. It is an ideal kit for automatic cars or those that like to really rev their engines. I personally love the kit, very smooth and lots of fun. That kit will just come in 1 version that will run around 14psi peak pressure and will work on completely stock cars or those with modified exhausts also.

The older Stage 2/3 supercharger kits are having several parts upgraded. We changed the front plate that has the autotensioner to an easier install and upgraded the idler pulleys and were also able to reduce the parts. The supercharger outlet manifold is being re-cast into a smoother, better flowing piece that will gain some more power on those kits also. The first prototype on the casting had a couple small issues that we are having redone now, then those kits will be back.

So, the Rotrex kits should start to be available next week, the Stage 2/3 kits are probably about a month out from ordering.

Hope that helps,
Dave
Just checking in with how the upgrades are going. Any word on when they will be available Dave?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 05:09 PM

^bump. really interested in an SC kit. Called DDM today and got sent to voicemail. hope to hear details on the release sometime soon!!
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 10:01 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared_Morgan View Post
^bump. really interested in an SC kit. Called DDM today and got sent to voicemail. hope to hear details on the release sometime soon!!
Jared, you need to bring yours up for the install, would love to see those new wheels.

The Rotrex kit was finished up today and we are going to start taking orders for that once it gets up on the site.

The regular Stage 2/3 kits are waiting on another prototype to come back before we start taking orders for those again.

That is the current state of supercharger kits

Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949
Tech Support - 864-907-6004

WWW.DDMworks.com
[email protected]

2.4L - Stage 3 Supercharged - 305whp - 93 octane
2.4L - Rotrex Supercharged - 340whp - 93 octane
2.4L - Custom Turbo - 304whp - 93 octane
2.0L - 2871 Hybrid turbo - 371whp - 93 octane
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-23-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralDodo View Post
Dave, was wondering if any of us with the Stage 2/3 kits right now would benefit from any of the changes parts that will be featured in the newer versions of the kit?
I am also curious if upgraded pulleys and plates are a good idea (and available) for us older installs.
~135,000 miles on my stage 1....

Stage 1 supercharged for 8 years and over 165,000 mi.

post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Jared, you need to bring yours up for the install, would love to see those new wheels.

The Rotrex kit was finished up today and we are going to start taking orders for that once it gets up on the site.

The regular Stage 2/3 kits are waiting on another prototype to come back before we start taking orders for those again.

That is the current state of supercharger kits

curious as to what's new for the older kits ? Currently stage 2 and thinking about upgrading to stage 3 .

How are we looking !?

2006 aggressive
Gmpp gxp dual exhaust
K&n typhoon intake ~ removed
Vector tune~ removed
Solo's shorty header ~ removed
Stubby antenna
DDM stage 2 supercharger ~ installed
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 10:05 AM

Any luck on acquiring a Stage 3 s/c yet? I haven't heard anything new. You?
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 01:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralDodo View Post
Dave, was wondering if any of us with the Stage 2/3 kits right now would benefit from any of the changes parts that will be featured in the newer versions of the kit?
My question as well. Please respond Dave. Oh, and how much to upgrade?
Healix likes this.

Check out Western Canada Kappa Club on Facebook !

My Garage https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/g...ehicle_id=1132
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 02:11 PM

DDM supercharger

DO NOT ORDER FROM DDM.
I ordered a supercharger from DDM 3 months ago but never received it. I have left several voice mail and email messages but never got a single response. The only thing they did quickly was cash my $1,000 deposit.I will be pursuing this through the Better Business Bureau, American Express and if necessary the state Attorney General.
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 02:51 PM
Founding Member

That is not the DDM we all know, not sure what to make of your issue but hopefully Dave will respond to your inquiries.

Aggressive GXP at $25,995.00 shipping of $600, MT.
Options:
Air, $960; Chrome Wheels, $545; PCQ, Premium Package (Leather), $525; Radio, 6-Disc with MP3, $495; Monsoon, $395; Premium Acoustic Headliner, $150; and Sport Metallic Pedals, $115; all totals $29,180.00.
No XM/OnStar and NO Spoiler.

MODS (Magnaflow 2.5", BTF Turbo Upgrade wheel,DDM BB,ProBean&tune, Vntrshield, LVKFCB, JPM.
First 1000. Aggressive with everything, NO XM/OnStar. SOLD
~~~~~~~
NASSOA
Founding member
~~~~~~~
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheneedsme View Post
DO NOT ORDER FROM DDM.
I ordered a supercharger from DDM 3 months ago but never received it. I have left several voice mail and email messages but never got a single response. The only thing they did quickly was cash my $1,000 deposit.I will be pursuing this through the Better Business Bureau, American Express and if necessary the state Attorney General.
wow - my experience with them has been wonderful... Ashley is always in the office. are you calling the correct phone number ?

Sir William's Fleet
Mean 2007 NA 2007 Solstice ordered on 8/24/06 - Picked up on 12/12/06 - Totaled on 6/12/10
Mean 2008 GXP Acquired 6/21/10 with 1275 miles on it - Summer Solstice !
Deep 2009 NA Coupe Acquired 11/2/13 with 1040 miles on it
Mean 2009 GXP Coupe Acquired 8/27/16 with 9100 miles on it
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 04:11 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheneedsme View Post
DO NOT ORDER FROM DDM.
This certainly doesn't sound like the folks at DDM?
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 04:46 PM

I ordered mine on March 20th. Will be shipped this week, they where behind and it has taken almost 12 weeks. Whenever I called I always had gotten thru and when they didn't have a answer for me someone got back to me with a response.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode