At a 17% loss is more like 332(400x0.83) at the wheels and not 360 +/- 5., even if you go with a 15% is 340(400x0.85).
In order to get 360 at the wheels with a translation of 400 at the crank the loss would be just 10%.
You are correct, miss calculation on my part. I am suspecting my car has had a cam change done by the original owner, but I have nothing to verify that.
Update I did manage to get the AR5 out of the car last Saturday before I had to travel to TN for work. I had a couple of issues but it did come out. My original plan was to pull the Trans/Bellhousing as a unit. But even with all the different extensions, universals, & universal sockets I own I could not get at 2 of the bolts. So I separated the trans/adaptor plate from the Bellhousing, removed the transmission, then pulled the bellhousing. 1st step was to disconnect the clutch slave cylinder hydraulic line at the master cylinder by removing the clip. My car did not have a bracket to attach the hydraulic line to the firewall as I understand the 2.4 & 2.0 cars do.
My 1st snag occurred when I removed the transmission crossmenber, and lowered the rear of the trans to try to gain access to the bellhousing bolts. This brought the LS2 Oil Filter into contact with the engine crossmember bending the oil filter and causing a leak. I removed the oil filter and loosened the lower engine mount bolts to allow me to raise the engine and lower the rear of the transmission.
So I removed the eight 15mm adaptor plate bolts and slide the AR5 back about 6 inches. I could not seem to get the line to the slave cylinder loose to I removed the two 10mm bolts securing the slave cylinder to the AR5. The removed the AR5.
I could then remove the two remaining 15mm bellhousing bolts. This is about when I realized I didn't need to buy the 1998-2002 Camaro/Firebird Bellhousing I bought as that was what was already bolted to the LS2! Dumb on my part.
Then I simply removed the old clutch slave cylinder, actually almost fell out even though it did not want to move with the transmission in place, and remove the Bellhousing.
I then removed the clutch pressure plate & Disc. Inspecting it I do not see any real wear so if I can verify that it is a LUK Gold Corvette or Camaro part as I suspect I will reuse it.
Now that I could see the Flywheel I was pleasantly surprised to find out it has a light weight aluminum flywheel installed, it appears to be a LS7 part.
The Aluminum Flywheel explains how fast this engine spools up, it does rev faster than any V8 street engine I have driven. It also explains why the car does not like to be babied from a stop.
I now have a week to try to verify the clutch parts. When I get back into town I will measure the setback of the slave cylinder with the adaptor plate and bellhousing, and compare it to the 6060. I also need to compare the electrical connections on the two transmissions to see if I need to rewire or shop for adaptor pigtails. Just did not have enough time before the trip.