After some problems due to my unfamiliarity with Chevy parts (I have been a Ford and Honda guy), I managed to fit the transmission to the engine and adjust the hydrauilc TOB to .156 (the closest I could get it with the supplied washers). RAM requires .150 of clearance between the plate's diaphragm spring "fingers" and the face of the bearing. They indicated to me, that for every .001 inch of disc surface wear, the fingers move .004 inch. The Fidanza aluminum flywheel I installed to kill some of the engine torque (to reduce wheel spin on start up) is painted (which will wear off), and with the initial disc surface slough-off (break-in), the .156 will be reduced somewhat right away. The disk has about .250 of friction material on each side, or .125 per side. The clutch will still operate, after a loss of .039 (.039 x 4 = .156) inches of thickness. By then, the rivets are likely close to exposure and replacement is due. Not sure I like forkless clutches. Having the "slave" cylinder hidden and trapped in the the bell housing seems counterproductive, not mention the fact adjustments are impossible.
Regarding this issue, it is important to note, that in the Kappa, the motor/trans package fits so tightly, that the transmission cannot be easily removed. Some of the bell housing to block bolts are inaccessible. I need to investigate trans removal via the trans to bell housing mating surface, if the top bolts are reachable. Tilting the motor is not likely possible because it is way too close to the firewall.
Last edited by JMartz; 04-08-2016 at 06:53 AM.