Autobot Steering Wheel Emblem Overlay! - Page 3 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 12:59 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to MyNewSolstice
Hmm...
DeepBlueGXP, gotta say that I don't know what the motivation is for this...The guy on EBay is selling in sheets of 4 so it is in wholesale numbers (EG you don't have 4 Solstice or steering wheels) If CCRGXP goes and buys a product wholesale and then sells it in smaller units that my friend is capitalism...He is taking the risk by buying larger quantities in order to sell in smaller ones at a premium. The premium is so you don't have to buy more than one and so that you know it has been tested and works. Sometimes I pay for a more expensive brand or type of product because it comes with a high level of satisfaction and peice of mind. Just because it is cheeper somewhere else doesn't mean it has to be cheeper here. Targeting an audience is good business. but that leeds to the next point...
One thing I do agree with DB and Go-N-Def is the need to be a supporting vendor.

P.S. DeepBlue I do want to acknowledge your great ammount of help in the MD/VA/DC area and have nothing against you personally I am just addressing this specific incident thats all...

Vin 2896 Deep

Last edited by MyNewSolstice; 01-31-2008 at 01:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

I respect that and from my mistakes I will work on that. That is my word. I did pay out more to get the items in mass quanities and will offer them with some sort of customization to accomodate the STW. BUt that is besides the point.
I do want to apologise to GO-N-Def for the reply in his topic. It wasn't that I felt attack. Having personal issues @ home and was not the kindest person when I read his reply. I do sincerely apologise for that. I would have appreciated it more if it was address through a pm than rather attack me out in the open. And take it far as we did. BUt I do realize it's not a perfect world. Sorry to all for this and that you have to see this. Disputes should be handled accordingly. I have some that distputed in the past on certain items and made adjustments to the products and all. I will work with anyone and give try to give them a personal attention. Issues like this was not planned nor expected. But everyone learns from their mistakes. And if you can accept that then let's just walk in different directions.

"Got V10?"

My Cardomain Site

post #33 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 01:19 PM

Mynewsolstice, You make a good point.

CCRGXP

2007 Solstice GXP - Deep - Orderd 26 Jan, 07; born 22 Feb, delivered 9 Mar. (mine)
2009 Solstice GXP Coupe - Wicked - 000406, Bought off the lot June 2, 2009. (wife's)

See my car on cardomain.com
DeepBlueGXP also on the Skyroadster and Kappa Performance Forum.
post #34 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 01:31 PM

If I can buy 4 for $15 including shipping, and throw the 3 I don't need away or give them away, and you want to charge me $20 for 1 so I don't have to throw 3 away? That my friend is not capitalism, that is something else. I had custom Red Bull Drift shirts made up, they were made up FOR ME at my request, I did the work with RMR. I posted a link to the vendor on eBay that made them. You can buy them for the exact same price I can. All I got out of it was a free shirt sent to Rhys Millen as a get well gift from EVERYONE here. That is how you do things.

Solo Mach and No Cat custom A/R cone
Dejon Intercooler, Intake Elbow, BOV spring
Wester's Garage tune
RMR Style Bar.
SSR Type C wheels, Nitto 555's
DDM Works PINK Breastplate, PRO Beam
HKS Coilovers
GXP Z0K rear sway bar with urethane bushings
Custom Jonymac glass wind screen, one of a kind.
Eclipse AVN726e; ZED Audio Leviathan, Image Dynamics tweeters, CTS door subs, active crossover tri-amped. Audio Control 6 channel 30 band parametric EQ.
JL Audio 10" sub
post #35 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil goat View Post
If I can buy 4 for $15 including shipping, and throw the 3 I don't need away or give them away, and you want to charge me $20 for 1 so I don't have to throw 3 away? That my friend is not capitalism, that is something else. I had custom Red Bull Drift shirts made up, they were made up FOR ME at my request, I did the work with RMR. I posted a link to the vendor on eBay that made them. You can buy them for the exact same price I can. All I got out of it was a free shirt sent to Rhys Millen as a get well gift from EVERYONE here. That is how you do things.
I believe I should have wrote "One thing I do agree with DB and Go-N-Def is the need to be a supporting vendor." first not last. I think it would have read better to address what you are saying. Kudos for doing the shirt and the way you did it. I would not expect that from a supporting vendor though.

Vin 2896 Deep
post #36 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 01:58 PM

As a supporting member he is allowed to sell small quantities as am I. Just like how Latin Venom sold coolers. LV would not even take any profit. I tried to send him extra to cover shipping and he refunded it.

Wester's Garage tune
RMR Style Bar.
HKS Coilovers
Eclipse AVN726e; ZED Audio Leviathan, Image Dynamics tweeters, CTS door subs, active crossover tri-amped. Audio Control 6 channel 30 band parametric EQ.
JL Audio 10" sub
post #37 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 02:02 PM

LG I know what ur saying I hope what profit that is coming from the steering wheel emblem defrays cost for the arrowhead overlays he does like in the avatar and to his future endevors which it sounds like are in the pipeline and delivers cool products to us at a lower cost...one can hope...Right?

Vin 2896 Deep
post #38 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 02:17 PM

My only objection is with his price point, I applaud the efforts. His time is valuable and he is entitled to compensation.

Wester's Garage tune
RMR Style Bar.
HKS Coilovers
JL Audio 10" sub

Last edited by lil goat; 01-31-2008 at 02:21 PM.
post #39 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

WEll either way just to be fair. I did lower the price that also includes shipping to $10. I already updated the top. And will refund those who paid $20, $10. Just PM. Sorry for the inconvience and thanks for understanding.

"Got V10?"

My Cardomain Site

post #40 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 06:07 PM

Nice, when you get them in, let me know.

2007 Solstice GXP - Deep - Orderd 26 Jan, 07; born 22 Feb, delivered 9 Mar. (mine)
2009 Solstice GXP Coupe - Wicked - 000406, Bought off the lot June 2, 2009. (wife's)

See my car on cardomain.com
DeepBlueGXP also on the Skyroadster and Kappa Performance Forum.
post #41 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 07:03 PM

Deleted----------

'08 GXP, Norm's Fenders and Sideskirts, All LED and HID lighting, street edition headlights, RPI exhaust, DEJON piping/CAI, DDMWorks oil catch, NGK 6509, 3-bar TMAP, GMPP tune, BOSS 339 wheels, BFG KDW2 255/35, carbon fiber dash, DDMWorks J-hook rotors, Porterfield R4S, steel brake lines

Last edited by FST GXP; 11-21-2008 at 11:57 AM.
post #42 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrgxp View Post
WEll either way just to be fair. I did lower the price that also includes shipping to $10. I already updated the top. And will refund those who paid $20, $10. Just PM. Sorry for the inconvience and thanks for understanding.
Where he gets the material and at what cost should not be an issue. He takes his time and efforts to make modifications so we an install them on our cars. Maye we should stop and think about what his time is worth before we crucify him. As the good book says, "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone". Keep up the good work, Dave, and keep the mods coming. Also PM us when items are ready to be shipped. I await my emblems and look forward to putting them on my Solstice.
post #43 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Thank you Golfer46 for your kinds words. I appreciate my supporters and friends. It's not a big deal anymore. I admit it got me a little from the start. But people are entitled to their own opinions and that is that. I do work hard for EACH person cause I like to be personal can concerned on what they are wanting. It helps to know how much they love their car and want to be different with it. My happiness and enjoyment is all when I see everyone happy with these products on the cars. So enough with the sappyness! lol

I am trying to get most of these front autobot emblems out tomorrow!!! Now as for the Jazz sides. I am getting AUTBOT sides made and a New custom jazz emblem, like the orginal, but more catering to each car. Rather it have the 1865 , it will have your car's year model. Let me work on that and please everyone be little patient on that. Cause I rather give you what you ordered ORGINALLY than a replacement that is not what was in your orginal idea. And once this new vendor, which is here in the US!, can do it we will be even better than before on getting products like this made HERE rather than in china, japan, egypt, or the moon. <---for those who really believe that need to put down the pipe! LMAO or drinking or like me stop taking too much meds..lol Eitherway I will be offering a AUTOBOT EMBLEM OVERLAY SET or Kit. It will be and overlay for the front, sides,and even the rear. I will make a topic on that and that will be available soon.

"Got V10?"

My Cardomain Site

post #44 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

STW Emblems ARe in FINALLY + all the sample I requested!

The samples as you can see vary in sizes and differences in items. What I plan to do is figure some out or how to incorporate them to my future mods. And probably some won't be not used. I did get a tire valve cap kit with the autobot logo on it too! WHich is awesome! And that you can purchase some of these on EBAy really cheap! Just wil have to wait forever for like I did! lol I just wanted a set of my own. But I anyone interested in the STW embelm I have plenty in stock with me! The ones that I think might work I am going to get with my local buddy and figure ideas on how to make these here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	autobot logos.jpg
Views:	2784
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	12506  

"Got V10?"

My Cardomain Site

Last edited by ccrgxp; 02-06-2008 at 01:31 PM.
post #45 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 01:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to spiky3480
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrgxp View Post
STW Emblems ARe in FINALLY + all the sample I requested!

The samples as you can see vary in sizes and differences in items. What I plan to do is figure some out or how to incorporate them to my future mods. And probably some won't be not used. I did get a tire valve cap kit with the autobot logo on it too! WHich is awesome! And that you can purchase some of these on EBAy really cheap! Just wil have to wait forever for like I did! lol I just wanted a set of my own. But I anyone interested in the STW embelm I have plenty in stock with me! The ones that I think might work I am going to get with my local buddy and figure ideas on how to make these here.
Any pics with the red overlay on the autobot symbol yet?

SOLO Performance
[email protected]
516-655-9002

2007 Mysterious GXP

Supporting Member of Solstice Forum

Exhaust Sound Clips
Camaro and G8 Solo Exhaust Sound Clips
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode