New Solstice Cooler Orders For Those That Didn't Get One Last Year - Page 3 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 222 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 07:40 AM

I missed out last year but I am ready this time around. Complete set in Black please and please send the payment instructions, too. Thanks.

DEEP 2008 NA
"BRUISER" SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 222 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 08:48 AM

Put me down for one set in RED Glad you have them again.
post #33 of 222 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 10:03 AM

Put me on the list I'd like a black set
post #34 of 222 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhale View Post
Could you give us an estimate on a shipping price to Canada?? I think most Canuks would agree USPS to Canada is the cheapest, and almost as fast as UPS etc, and no $50 handling charges when you use US Postal Service.
When I did it last year I use FDX international Ground.
The prices at that time were USD17 through USD23 depending on the province.
However it is my understanding you folks most pay some kind of duty tax\brokerage fee, and if you do not agree then I am responsible for the payment.

I will find out how much it is to Alberta through the USPS.

Aggressive GXP at $25,995.00 shipping of $600, MT.
Options:
Air, $960; Chrome Wheels, $545; PCQ, Premium Package (Leather), $525; Radio, 6-Disc with MP3, $495; Monsoon, $395; Premium Acoustic Headliner, $150; and Sport Metallic Pedals, $115; all totals $29,180.00.
No XM/OnStar and NO Spoiler.

MODS (Magnaflow 2.5", BTF Turbo Upgrade wheel,DDM BB,ProBean&tune, Vntrshield, LVKFCB, JPM.
First 1000. Aggressive with everything, NO XM/OnStar. SOLD
~~~~~~~
NASSOA
Founding member
~~~~~~~
post #35 of 222 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 11:05 PM

Thanks for checking LV! Just so you know what happens most times when things are shipped from the US to Canada, using Fedex or UPS. We pretty much automatically get dinged $50 US for "handling and brokerage fees". Sometimes it's $25, or $40. Basically I think they juts make up a number and charge us whatever they want.
US Postal on the other hand, drops it off at customs, customs clears it, hands it over to Canada Post, and it arrives in our mail boxes. Sometimes there is a duty, but if made in the US, there is no duty. We also have to pay our GST tax, which in Alberta is 5%, but we pay that no matter what we buy, so no biggie. I also understand that any of these duties/taxes/handling charges are not something you would pay, or that I would expect you to pay either.

If it helps you calculate shipping, here is my Postal Code T0A-1N0. Thanks again for checking the cost for me.

2007 Sly 5 Speed GXP
We call her "Raggy Mae"
Mods so far:
Blackcat custom gauges (to replace the US ones with KPH)
Windrestrictor V2 (love it!)
Bel RX75 Pro radar detector
SOLO Hi-Flow Cat and Mach exhaust
Westers Tune (yeah baby!)
post #36 of 222 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 11:24 PM

I'd like one in BLACK (The COMPLETE KIT - The whole kitchen sink !!!!) - Please let me know about arranging payment details when READY....

Please confirm that I am on the list t get this !!!
post #37 of 222 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhale View Post
Thanks for checking LV! Just so you know what happens most times when things are shipped from the US to Canada, using Fedex or UPS. We pretty much automatically get dinged $50 US for "handling and brokerage fees". Sometimes it's $25, or $40. Basically I think they juts make up a number and charge us whatever they want.
US Postal on the other hand, drops it off at customs, customs clears it, hands it over to Canada Post, and it arrives in our mail boxes. Sometimes there is a duty, but if made in the US, there is no duty. We also have to pay our GST tax, which in Alberta is 5%, but we pay that no matter what we buy, so no biggie. I also understand that any of these duties/taxes/handling charges are not something you would pay, or that I would expect you to pay either.

If it helps you calculate shipping, here is my Postal Code T0A-1N0. Thanks again for checking the cost for me.
It looks like is going to be one of these 2 options.
The size of the box is 16x10x8. If the USPS considers this size large then is the second option.
Priority MailŪ International Flat-Rate Box 6 - 10 Days $23.95
Priority MailŪ International Large Flat-Rate Box 6 - 10 Days $29.95

Hope this helps.
Well FDEX wrote me a letter saying if they did not collect from the Canadian person, the charges would be my responsibility.
I never heard anything back so I assume FDEX collected from the person in Canada.

Options:
Air, $960; Chrome Wheels, $545; PCQ, Premium Package (Leather), $525; Radio, 6-Disc with MP3, $495; Monsoon, $395; Premium Acoustic Headliner, $150; and Sport Metallic Pedals, $115; all totals $29,180.00.

MODS (Magnaflow 2.5", BTF Turbo Upgrade wheel,DDM BB,ProBean&tune, Vntrshield, LVKFCB, JPM.
~~~~~~~
NASSOA
Founding member
~~~~~~~
post #38 of 222 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 09:26 PM

So glad they are available again--please count me in for a complete set of RED

Class Cat
Aggressive 2008 GXP, Chrome Wheels, Ebony Leather w/Red Stitching, Sport Metallic Pedals, 5-Speed Automatic, Monsoon Audio, XM Radio, Onstar, Chrome GXP Plate Frame, Class Cat Gas Cap
post #39 of 222 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinVenom View Post
It looks like is going to be one of these 2 options.
The size of the box is 16x10x8. If the USPS considers this size large then is the second option.
Priority MailŪ International Flat-Rate Box 6 - 10 Days $23.95
Priority MailŪ International Large Flat-Rate Box 6 - 10 Days $29.95

Hope this helps.
Well FDEX wrote me a letter saying if they did not collect from the Canadian person, the charges would be my responsibility.
I never heard anything back so I assume FDEX collected from the person in Canada.
Thanks for following up LV. Almost $30 US would be about 2/3 the price of the bags, and even at about $24 US, that still around 1/2 again the price of the bags. To me, and I'm only talking about myself, that is just too much. It makes the cost of the bags to me 46 + 24 = 70 x 1.05 GST = $73.50 US, which is about $81.50 CDN. That's a little too much for me, so although this looks like a great product, the shipping costs make it too costly for me.

Just so you know, yes FEDEX, UPS, DHL etc will collect all taxes and brokerage fees from the receiver in Canada. That's why I hate them.....if you shipped the bags to me using UPS for example, I'd be out at least $100 US, probably more like $115.

Thanks again for getting the shipping costs for me, and this is still a very good deal for the US folks. I hope you sell them all soon!

2007 Sly 5 Speed GXP
We call her "Raggy Mae"
Mods so far:
Blackcat custom gauges (to replace the US ones with KPH)
Windrestrictor V2 (love it!)
Bel RX75 Pro radar detector
SOLO Hi-Flow Cat and Mach exhaust
Westers Tune (yeah baby!)
post #40 of 222 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

I know the shipping makes it a little higher, but just so you get an idea of the quality, try to see if the couple of members that purchase the original last year in Alberta would let you take a look at it.
Now that was the original bag, this one has more embroidery plus the addition of the travel liner bag and the permanent trunk reflector.

Options:

~~~~~~~
NASSOA
Founding member
~~~~~~~
post #41 of 222 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 08:13 PM

Any updates on when these will come in???

2006 Sly Solstice "Longest Day"
My first mod......Chiklets now removed.
#2 GM CAI..Thanks to "Pep" in NY
#3 "Pontiac" Debadge
#4 "Solstice" Painted Red on hood insulation
#5 Stubby Antenna
#6 Windscreen w/Longest Day logo
post #42 of 222 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Founding Member

No, I do not have any more news at this point.
I did send an e-mail to the factory and asked them for an ETA, but have not had a response.
I send the e-mail yesterday.
I got a shipment in for the SKY coolers and ONLY 40 of the original 100 that I order came in.
I am hoping for the Solstice cooler bag and the rest of the SKY coolers to be hear before the holidays.

Options:

~~~~~~~
NASSOA
Founding member
~~~~~~~

Last edited by LatinVenom; 10-29-2008 at 10:34 AM.
post #43 of 222 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 12:06 PM

Me too! :)

Just stumbled across this... If you have Black left, my Sly would love a set! Just let me know if I can start to get that excited can't wait to get the new toy anticipation going. LOL
post #44 of 222 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Founding Member

I will add you to the list, once they are here I will PM you with payment info.

Options:

~~~~~~~
NASSOA
Founding member
~~~~~~~
post #45 of 222 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 08:31 PM

Any news on your delivery?

2006 Sly Solstice "Longest Day"
My first mod......Chiklets now removed.
#2 GM CAI..Thanks to "Pep" in NY
#3 "Pontiac" Debadge
#4 "Solstice" Painted Red on hood insulation
#5 Stubby Antenna
#6 Windscreen w/Longest Day logo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f67/new-solstice-cooler-orders-those-didnt-get-one-last-year-48113/
Posted By For Type Date
Solstice\SKY Cooler\Travel Bag available for purchase limited quantities Post #0 Refback 02-08-2009 11:08 AM
Solstice\SKY Cooler\Travel Bag available for purchase limited quantities Post #0 Refback 02-07-2009 02:26 PM
Solstice Cooler\Travel bag order list (Main bag + new Upgrades not claimed) - Solstice GXP Owners Forums This thread Refback 01-22-2009 09:09 PM
Solstice Cooler\Travel bag order list (Main bag + new Upgrades not claimed) - Solstice GXP Owners Forums This thread Refback 01-15-2009 10:01 AM
Solstice Cooler\Travel bag order list (Main bag + new Upgrades not claimed) - Solstice GXP Owners Forums This thread Refback 07-17-2008 06:20 PM
Solstice Cooler\Travel bag order list (Main bag + new Upgrades not claimed) - Solstice GXP Owners Forums This thread Refback 07-17-2008 10:17 AM