Solstice/Sky Side Wind Blocker (moved from the Sky forum) - Page 5 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 12:02 PM

Got mine! Darned postoffice didn't even tell me they had them.

They do look a little smaller than I thought they would but you did a great job. I can't wait for a warm day to try them out.

Thanks!
Judi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 08:04 AM

Needs to be the size in the picture.

It's sticky!!!
post #63 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 09:15 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongospyder View Post
Thanks Typhoon, I did look at securing with velcro or screws to the a-pillar but wanted them to be easily removable. More options are always good though.
Nothing says you've got to stick with one probuct

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihawk95 View Post
This thread has been hijacked mainly by the aggressive car owners!
2006 Solstice, Agressive Red
post #64 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 11:15 PM

I will be taking a nice 3 hour(1-way) highway drive this Saturday. I shall let you know how it went after the weekend.

Previous #14 Owner - "Bumble" / Previous(crashed) 08 GXP - "Bruiser"
----
CNY Kappa Club Event Calendar 2011
KAPPA REGISTRY
----
* attendee: 2010 NASSM | SMMM8 *
----
post #65 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 08:03 AM
Administrator

Took mine out! IMHO they do nothing other than increase/change the air turbulence inside the cabin, especially with the windows all the way down. Don't know if having a wind restrictor is what adds to this but I will no longer use them.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!

#139640 '07 NA Sly Fully Loaded 12/1/07- Wester's Tune, CAI, Magnaflow Stainless Catback Exhaust, Carolina Custom Armrests and Door Pockets, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Carbon Flash Painted Grills, Custom Painted Guage Bezel, Air Oulets Bezels and Shifter Bezel. DDM Backbone and Brace
#106614 12/15/05 NA Sly Traded @ 35k Miles

"Life's not the breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away" ~ George Strait

Team Solstice

NASSOA(TM)
Founding Member
post #66 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 01:54 PM
DRM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsSol View Post
Took mine out! IMHO they do nothing other than increase/change the air turbulence inside the cabin, especially with the windows all the way down. Don't know if having a wind restrictor is what adds to this but I will no longer use them.
I have to agree Moms...I used mine a couple of weeks ago..Seemed to do nothing but cut down on some air turbulence.

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP Deep/Ebony/Silver Stitching, traded 8/17/12 for a 2012 Ford F150 Lariat...I'm very sad.
2006 Pontiac Solstice Mysterious/Steel/Sand F1K(#78) 2nd owner, purchased with 1,400 miles, traded 3/07 for GXP

My Garage
post #67 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 09:52 AM

I agree now. They really ONLY make a difference between 40-70mph, anything over that is fruitless. Additionally if you sit all the way back and are in the 6' range in height, it makes little difference. I could see if you sit closer to the wheel and are shorter it might make more of a difference.

Previous #14 Owner - "Bumble" / Previous(crashed) 08 GXP - "Bruiser"
----
CNY Kappa Club Event Calendar 2011
KAPPA REGISTRY
----
* attendee: 2010 NASSM | SMMM8 *
----
post #68 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 05:53 PM

All this talk and not one picture.

Rj Arizona
2006 Solstice 2.4L
2007 ION-3 sedan 2.4L
Shut up & drive
post #69 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 06:41 PM

Garage
Mongospyder, are you still making these or is anyone interested in selling thirds?
post #70 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 06:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmeili View Post
Mongospyder, are you still making these or is anyone interested in selling thirds?
Not really worth it IMHO .... gave mine away at a white elephant during a Kappa Event.

#139640 '07 NA Sly Fully Loaded 12/1/07- Wester's Tune, CAI, Magnaflow Stainless Catback Exhaust, Carolina Custom Armrests and Door Pockets, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Carbon Flash Painted Grills, Custom Painted Guage Bezel, Air Oulets Bezels and Shifter Bezel. DDM Backbone and Brace

"Life's not the breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away" ~ George Strait

Team Solstice

NASSOA(TM)
Founding Member
post #71 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 06:53 PM

Garage
Darnit. I had high hopes for them :-(
post #72 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
They really ONLY make a difference between 40-70mph, anything over that is fruitless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM View Post
I have to agree Moms...I used mine a couple of weeks ago..Seemed to do nothing but cut down on some air turbulence.
Quote:
Darnit. I had high hopes for them :-(
It works for me!
These quotes I selected on top are from guys that don't like this device but say good things about it....
post #73 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 06:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARVIC 1 View Post
It works for me!
These quotes I selected on top are from guys that don't like this device but say good things about it....
I don't drive with my windows partial down while in town, doing speeds up to 50 mph....so I was looking for something functional on the highway at speeds of up to 70 with the windows DOWN ....these do not help but ADD to the turbulence IMHO if you have a Windrestrictor.

I'm glad they worked for some and they weren't that expensive.

Team Solstice

NASSOA(TM)
Founding Member
post #74 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 07:50 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARVIC 1 View Post
It works for me!
you quoted me and I don't happen to have them. I meant to buy them a year ago but something came up and I stopped buying stuff for the car. I"m finally buying stuff again and had high hopes for these. Reading the posts since my last post it seems that they won't do what I had hoped. I need it for highway speeds with my wiindrestictor. For $22 I might still buy a set just to try them out for myself, but it seems they aren't being sold anymore.

edit: I see you were referring to the 2 on top of mine
post #75 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 09:02 AM
DRM

Garage
Quote:
you quoted me and I don't happen to have them. I meant to buy them a year ago but something came up and I stopped buying stuff for the car. I"m finally buying stuff again and had high hopes for these. Reading the posts since my last post it seems that they won't do what I had hoped. I need it for highway speeds with my wiindrestictor. For $22 I might still buy a set just to try them out for myself, but it seems they aren't being sold anymore.

edit: I see you were referring to the 2 on top of mine
I will sell you my set if you are interested....just PM me...

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP Deep/Ebony/Silver Stitching, traded 8/17/12 for a 2012 Ford F150 Lariat...I'm very sad.
2006 Pontiac Solstice Mysterious/Steel/Sand F1K(#78) 2nd owner, purchased with 1,400 miles, traded 3/07 for GXP

My Garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode