Kerrville 18 2/23-25 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-2017, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Kerrville 18 2/23-25

Kerrville 18 will be February 23rd - 25th. Make your plans to drive the best roads in the most scenic area of Texas. For those that don't know, the 3 Sisters area is a technical course and even at slower (Tour) speeds is not a Sunday drive in the park. It is a very challenging and fun drive due to the length and many twisty sections.

We'll be staying at the Best Western Sunday House Inn, 2124 Sidney Baker Street, Kerrville, (830) 896-1313. Rates are really good right now, so book early, you can always cancel later. Too much going on this year for me to mess with a block, maybe next year.

If you have any questions, please aks them in open forum. Chances are pretty good that someone else is wondering the same thing and it also saves me from a PM barrage.

Radios are MANDATORY since we'll be out in the boonies and have zero cell reception.

When you sign up, I need to know whether you want to be in a Run (Fast) or a Tour (Not as Fast) group and how many will be coming. As with all things SWSC, this is an open cruise. We don't care what you show up in, just show up...

2/23 - 0930 Leave from the QT gas station, 324 Clifford Center Dr, Fort Worth
Lunch in Hamilton
Dinner TBD
2/24 - 0800 Run brief in the Sunday House lobby
0820 Line up & commo check
0830 Launch for the 3 Sisters
Lunch at the Bent Rim Grill
Dinner TBD
2/25 - 0845 Go to the house

It's sticky!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 06:46 AM

Location: Cleveland Heights OH in summer, Tucson AZ in Winter
Garage
I was a first time participant in 2017 and I can testify to the challenge and the fun. My NA coupe was well prepared for handling but I felt it lacked the power to take the Run, so it was Tour for me. Early on I was taking a blind curve at a fair clip when the road suddenly turned 90 deg. I instinctively cranked the wheel and before a prayer could form the tires and chassis did their job. Stuck said later every run should have a few brown spots or you aren't trying hard enough.

Roads used for this event, while twisty, are in good condition and wide enough for edge stripes, with few exceptions. Event rule is to drive your lane, and for good reason. Not only do you not want to meet oncoming traffic but it is very bad form to throw loose **** from the edges at the car behind you.

Most cars were Kappas but ranged from a Miata to a Corvette. A Scion FR-S looked right at home and we had one true Opel GT.

The Kerrville Buick-GMC dealer offered outstanding service, changing an oil pressure sensor before the event and changing a taillight bulb after the event. The bulb required half an hour of overtime and they charged nothing.

I hope to see you all in 2018.
JR-Dallas likes this.

SteveBot39
Winter Solstice, Tucson AZ - '09 NA Automatic Cool Silver Coupe; DDM Supercharger, MagnaFlow cat and exhaust, ESTuned; GXP sway bars, DDM chassis kit; Stoptech brakes; Michelin PSS tires; Pioneer radio w/ NAV and b/u camera. Plate SOL N AZ

Summer Solstice, Cleveland Heights OH - '09 NA Auto Mysterious Black Coupe; DDM Supercharger, MagnaFlow, DDM chassis kit, Hawk brake pads, Conti EC Sport tires on Black ASA wheels, Advent radio w/ NAV and b/u camera. Plate SOL 4 OH
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 08:26 AM

i'm a definite maybe. live in Houston now, but lived in Austin for a year; so I know it's great around there in February and I intend to own my solstice as long as possible; so any ideas I can pickup from other owners; i'm willing to listen.

(couldn't go to fredricksburg as that was octoberfest weekend in Breckenridge CO and my third year going; I highly recommend it.)
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-01-2017, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

*boo bump*

It's sticky!!!
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

*gooblegobblebump*

It's sticky!!!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 05:39 PM

Sounds like fun! I live in Houston but have family near Wimberley, Tx so will be staying with them and driving over to Kerrville, provided I can get my Hahn kit ordered, delivered and installed before then. I will put this on my calendar...thanks Stuck!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

Very nice. Hope you can come play.

It's sticky!!!
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

*merrychristmasbump*

It's sticky!!!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-20-2017, 10:51 PM

Unfortunately, I will be in the Gulf of Mexico at that time, however, Margo will be there and she will be doing the RUN!(surprise, surprise)
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-21-2017, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

Very nice. Wish you could make it, too.

It's sticky!!!
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

*happygnuyearbump*

It's sticky!!!
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-09-2018, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

Kville is getting close. Can you smell the twisties? I'm coming up on food unit reservation times & if you aren't gonna be there for one of the dinners, I kinda need that info. Basically, if you are on the fence.... unfence.

I've got:
mrs stuck & me- Both
Caris & TerryT- Both
The Fangs- Both
Norma & Tim- Both
Margo- Both?

It's sticky!!!
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 07:21 AM

Consider me unfenced. I just made hotel reservations. Count me +1 in for the run group. We won't make it down in time for dinner Friday night but we will be there for Saturday night.

08 Carbon Flash Redline 5 Speed
LDK long block. DDM Works clutch kit, brace bundle, oil catch can and SS brake lines. Stoptech Street Performance pads with ATE Type 200 fluid. Fujita intake and charge tubes. Gutted stock downpipe. Tuned with HP Tuners.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

Very nice. Got y'all down.

It's sticky!!!
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

Dinner reservations are locked down.
Friday - Billy Gene's, 489 Junction Hwy, 1800
Saturday - Cowboy Steakhouse, 416 Main St, 1800

It's sticky!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode