[Texas-Statewide] Driving Event - Jan. 27-28, 2007 - Raging Bull Texas Stampede IV - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

[Texas-Statewide] Driving Event - Jan. 27-28, 2007 - Raging Bull Texas Stampede IV

The Raging Bull Texas Stampede IV
January 27-28, 2007
Austin, Texas

The Raging Bull Texas Stampede is a weekend-long driving event
designed to bring together driving enthusiasts who have a passion
for driving their cars the way they were designed to be.

The Raging Bull embodies some of the most challenging and scenic
backcountry roads in the great state of Texas.

You will get the chance to drive and hang out with some of
the nicest and most passionate driving enthusiasts around.

Come for only one day or the whole weekend.
Join the group in Austin or Fort Worth.

The next Stampede will have some new features: Motorsport Ranch in Cresson, the longest private road course in Texas, will be expecting us Sunday morning for classroom instruction and driving on their 3.1 mile track. And in response to requests from friends and fans, for the first time, attendance has been opened up to sports cars of all makes and models. All Porsche, BMW, Miata, Corvette, MINI, Nissan Z, Infiniti, Mustang, Lotus, Mazda RX-7 and RX-8, Ferrari, and Honda S2000 clubs in Texas will be invited.

How well can you ride the Raging Bull?

Saddle up with us and find out.

Advance registration is required. There is a registration fee.

For more details and registration, go to:
www.RBTexasStampede.com

Last edited by young_turk; 11-24-2006 at 11:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Ladies and gentlemen,

I have a passion for cars and driving, and I have funneled my passion for driving into organizing an annual driving event called the Raging Bull Texas Stampede. With that introduction, I'd like to extend an invitation to you to the 4th annual Raging Bull Texas Stampede which will take place the weekend of January 27-28, 2007. Some details are in the post above.

I hope some of you will consider joining us for a great time of driving and camaraderie.

Regards,
The Tourmaster
Austin, Texas
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 03:37 PM

Anything one needs to do if they plan on participating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_turk View Post
Ladies and gentlemen,

I have a passion for cars and driving, and I have funneled my passion for driving into organizing an annual driving event called the Raging Bull Texas Stampede. With that introduction, I'd like to extend an invitation to you to the 4th annual Raging Bull Texas Stampede which will take place the weekend of January 27-28, 2007. Some details are in the post above.

I hope some of you will consider joining us for a great time of driving and camaraderie.

Regards,
The Tourmaster
Austin, Texas

North Fort Worth Solstice #2020
Mine on: 12/10/2005 from Alan Young Dealership
Color: Deep, Steel/Sand, Hahn Turbo, and other good stuff.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 03:48 PM
Founding Member

Location: The avatar shows my motivation to work .... Work takes place in Houston, Republic of Texas .... Motivation takes place in CA, NV, UT, CO and similar locations with curvy roads through the mountains.
I've made my initial registration, will be sending in the paperwork this weekend. LOOKS LIKE A LOT OF FUN!

Ten cars are signed up already, I'm #11, and it's limited to 25 cars, so hurry up, everyone that wants to jump on this.

Tax Season? Ah, the heck with Tax Season. I'm driving my Solstice!

PS: Mostly Japanese cars, one Elise, and one American car (me). SO FAR!

VIN...............6Y101319........................ 6Y115760
Name.........MariSOL Stice
Color..................Sly........................ ...Aggressive
Acquired.........10/15/2005.....................07/11/2014
Died...............02/25/2013
..............RIP, you wonderful car !!!!

Link to Gizmo's Odyssey photos- Gizmo's Odyssey Photo Thread

Link to Solli's Coast2Coast trip photos- https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ad-trip-20928/
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIN2020 View Post
Anything one needs to do if they plan on participating?
Hey VIN2020,

Due to the nature of the event, there is some preparation that needs to be done. It is all listed in the "Register" page (click on Register on the header). The two most important parts of the preparations are reading the Participant Guide and getting a technical inspection for your car. The reasons for the technical inspection are explained in the FAQ page.

Have a nice weekend.

Last edited by young_turk; 11-24-2006 at 05:20 PM.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 07:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to Thomas
Sounds cool, I'm in! I'm number 12!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Is the road calling you? Answer the call.

Only 24 days to the next Stampede! 16 thrill-seeking drivers have registered already to ride the Raging Bull.

Wondering what the Stampede is like? Here is the link to last year's Stampede discussion at G35driver.com:
http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73888

And here is an article about the last Stampede in Sport Z Magazine by veteran Bull Rider and driving instructor Renee Hayden:
http://www.rbtexasstampede.com/RBTSI...006_issue.html

Pictures from last yearís Stampede can be viewed here:
http://www.rbtexasstampede.com/jan2006_index.html

The 'Past Stampedes' page at the event web site has pictures, articles, and G35driver.com threads from the two previous Stampedes:
http://www.rbtexasstampede.com/stampedespast.html

If youíre interested, advance registration is required and there is a registration fee. Itís all explained at the web site.

If youíre already planning to come, be sure to make your hotel reservations before Jan. 13th to receive the discounted group rate.

Happy new year to you,
The Tourmaster
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Don't you want to get out after all this ugly weather?

There is only one week left before the Stampede. 19 drivers who have a passion for driving and their navigators have already signed up to ride the Raging Bull, some coming from as far away as Idabel, Oklahoma and Paris and Houston, Texas. There wil be a variety of cars: 350Zs, G35s, 300ZXs, a Porsche Boxster and Lotus Elise, Solstices, a BMW 328is, an RX-7 twin turbo, 240SXs, and others.

Preparations for the Stampede are in full swing and I'm really excited. The track and restaurant arrangements are all set. I recently spent some more time driving some of the roads to fine tune the route and I am really excited how great it is turning out to be. It's going to be a challenging run for all of us. Not only that, the weather forecast for the Stampede weekend is very good: cool and sunny. That is a welcome change given the prolonged nasty weather we've experienced recently.

All the information you need to know is at the web site: www.RBTexasStampede.com

I hope at least one Solstice will join us.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 11:00 PM

You missed it Gizmo, the road tip was a blast. It was a lot faster paced than I expected. It was a good thing I got new tires. The track time wasn't too bad, a little slow but a good experience. I took a bunch of pictures and about 2 hours of video but my computer corrupted the files. I only have two videos that made it, but they are only three mins long

Pic of the new tires right before the run.

Left to right;
Red Lotus Elise, 350Z, BMW 328is, Boxter S, G35, G35, 350Z, Solstice, Boxter S, NSX, G35, 240SX, and 240SX w/ an nice turbo motor swap.

All the cars that attended Saturday (except for the 300ZX twin turbo showed up later). Starting closest to the back:
350Z, G35, Elise, 350Z, 328is, Boxter S, G35, G35, 350Z, Solstice, Boxter S, NSX, G35, 240SX, 240SX w/ RB20DET

From left to right:
BMW 328is, Porche Boxter S, G35, 350Z, Solstice, Boxter S, Acura NSX, G35, 240sx

Black 350Z, White G35, and Red Lotus Elise

Last edited by Thomas; 02-05-2007 at 12:30 AM.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 11:12 PM
Founding Member

Location: The avatar shows my motivation to work .... Work takes place in Houston, Republic of Texas .... Motivation takes place in CA, NV, UT, CO and similar locations with curvy roads through the mountains.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
You missed it Gizmo, the road tip was a blast. It was a lot faster paced than I expected. It was a good thing I got new tires. The track time wasn't too bad, a little slow but a good experience. I took a bunch of pictures and about 2 hours of video but my computer corrupted the files. I only have two videos that made it, but they are only three mins long
Thanks for sharing the photos, Thomas, mighty fine!

Tell us more about your tires, what brand and model. Can you feel a significant improvement over the RSAs?

I really wanted to make that run, but I'm off to a lousy start with tax season. Too much to do, so little time. Will there be another one later this year or is it only in January?

Can you post a list of what each car was in one of your photos? Looks like you were the only Solstice, eh? Thanks for representing us well. We must have more next time, fer shure fer shure.

Also, if you post the videos to www.photobucket.com, you can add the link to a post in this thread. You can have a free account at photobucket.

Link to Solli's Coast2Coast trip photos- https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ad-trip-20928/
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 11:13 PM
Founding Member

Oops, that was dumb of me. You already know all about photobucket.com.

But please post your videos there and give us a link.

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 12:03 AM

Here is the link to my photobucket. Fill free to snoop. I have a few videos of a couple autox events. The videos for the Stampede kinda suck, it was on the straighter areas. There was some cool videos, at least I thought they would of turned out good but never got to see them, stupid computer... and me I moved all the pics and vids to my computer so I would have plenty of memory for the motor sport ranch but left the camera at home.
ok here is the link
http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p56/thomasv10/

the vids are under the misc.. o I forgot to blur the license plates.. pretend you dont see them. I guess I should go thru and blur them tonight

The tires are BFGoodrich KDW NT. I heard they were the new ones.. At tire rack they call them BFGoodrich KDW 2. I like them much better than the RSAs. They are slightly more noisy, but they have alot better traction, even in the rain. They make the ride alittle more rough but not too bad. I have 255/40s. I can't wait to try them the next autox event. I dont know much about tires... I just browsed thru tire rack and compared all the tires, My first choice was the BFGoodrich KDs but Discount tires did not carry them, plus they did not have a great rating for wet conditions. The KDW 2s had all around good ratings and seem the best priced... It was around 185 each.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

Hi Thomas, it was great having you with us. You fit right in!

A couple of things:
1- I downloaded your pictures. They are good. Thank you. Would you mind blurring the license plates please?

2- Could you please email me your two video files? I tried downloading them but wasn't successful.

Thanks. Look forward to seeing you next year again for a totally different route.

Turk
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 01:23 AM

Almost all the pics are front shots... almost everybody dosen't have a front license plate

I only found two, the only plates I didn't blur were of my car... too many, but I'm not too worried.

I'll have to send you the videos later, they are on my home computer. (I'm at work) I've some other pics too, I'll send them to you also.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
I'll have to send you the videos later, they are on my home computer. (I'm at work) I've some other pics too, I'll send them to you also.
Thank you. Much appreciated.

On a side note, I was really impressed with how you were driving the Solstice. I saw you in my rearview mirror many times. You seemed to be having no problem keeping up with the Porsche Boxster Ss in the twisties. Very impressive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode