Any Coupes in AZ? - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By stevebot39

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Any Coupes in AZ?

Just curious. Never seen one on the road, never saw any on the locators. I bought mine in KY and shipped it back here to Phoenix. Are there any other coupes in the state?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

I'll take the silence as a no.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 02:03 PM

Location: Cleveland Heights OH in summer, Tucson AZ in Winter
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbindley View Post
Just curious. Never seen one on the road, never saw any on the locators. I bought mine in KY and shipped it back here to Phoenix. Are there any other coupes in the state?
I will be bringing one from FL to AZ in January 2017
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-24-2016, 01:53 PM

Garage
It is official, my coupe in in AZ.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_09871.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	831.2 KB
ID:	65498  
sirwm and joesgxp like this.

SteveBot39
Winter Solstice, Tucson AZ - '09 NA Automatic Cool Silver Coupe; DDM Supercharger, MagnaFlow cat and exhaust, ESTuned; GXP sway bars, DDM chassis kit; Stoptech brakes; Michelin PSS tires; Pioneer radio w/ NAV and b/u camera. Plate SOL N AZ

Summer Solstice, Cleveland Heights OH - '09 NA Auto Mysterious Black Coupe; DDM Supercharger, MagnaFlow, DDM chassis kit, Hawk brake pads, Conti EC Sport tires on Black ASA wheels, Advent radio w/ NAV and b/u camera. Plate SOL 4 OH
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Welcome. Mine has been off the road for a long time and should be firing back up again in the new year with over a dozen new engine components, all new engine wiring, new clutch, new tranny, some new paint and a bunch of interior touches.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 09:27 AM

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
What's that stuff all over your car?

Rob the Elder

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 50 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
Punisher thread index
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post1765649
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post2067289

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 08:34 AM

Garage
Alleged by my brother to be rain. In Phoenix, no less.

SteveBot39
Winter Solstice, Tucson AZ - '09 NA Automatic Cool Silver Coupe; DDM Supercharger, MagnaFlow cat and exhaust, ESTuned; GXP sway bars, DDM chassis kit; Stoptech brakes; Michelin PSS tires; Pioneer radio w/ NAV and b/u camera. Plate SOL N AZ

Summer Solstice, Cleveland Heights OH - '09 NA Auto Mysterious Black Coupe; DDM Supercharger, MagnaFlow, DDM chassis kit, Hawk brake pads, Conti EC Sport tires on Black ASA wheels, Advent radio w/ NAV and b/u camera. Plate SOL 4 OH
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 12:17 PM

Welcome to S.AZ ... I'll keep an eye out for your Silver COUPE and hope to see it running around Tucson (or if you head to Sierra Vista / Fort Huachuca /Tombstone / Bisbee area let me know)

MY Mysterious Coupe was recently purchased by a gentleman in Sedona who sent it back East for the V8 conversion ...
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 06:03 PM

I relocated my Sly GXP Coupe from California to San Tan Valley last year. Is the club still active?

Coupe 728
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 08:51 AM

Garage
There is a very active Sky/Solstice club in Phoenix. We come over occasionally to a show in a big parking lot around a Mc Donalds. Don't remember the name. 1000 cars is the claim. Have seen two coupes there. The ugliest one I have ever seen (admit I am not a fan) battleship gray, non metalic, painted wheels, NA. About a year ago, 44th Sky bought a Black GXP Coupe, he lives in Fountain Hills. He is active with his car. PM him he can tell you what is happening around town, I am sure.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 11:00 AM

There are at least three other coupes in the Phoenix area, all three members of the Sol/Sky club at one time or another. The car show skersfan refers to is at the Pavillions shopping center at Indian Bend and the 101. Saturdays during the cooler months. Several hundred vehicles total; upwards of 1000 on some days wouldn't surprise me. Usually 10-20 Sol/Sky members there when the club goes, but they don't hit every Saturday. Although I'm still a member, it's been a couple of years (?more) since I attended a show. Never encountered the battleship gray coupe so that would be a fourth vehicle. 44thSky would bring it to 5.

Daiwa
VIN 1702 DOD 10-22-05
BEAUTIFUL, BLACK
& CLUBS IN THE BACK
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 11:34 AM

I meet some really nice people from AZ at the NASSAM in Blackhawk. I had the Sly Coupe. I would like to get together with these people again but I seem to have misplaced there contact information. If any one from the Phoenix group sees this please post here or PM me.
Thanks.

Coupe 728
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 10:39 AM

Last week I saw a grey coupe driving northbound in far north Scottsdale on Scottsdale rd about Greenway to loop 101 area.

I've been to the Scottsdale Pavilions show several times but have not once seen another Solstice or Sky other than my own. I did see an old Opel GT there once.

Would love to get together with other Sky/Solstice owners in AZ for a ride. Of course this time of year gotta be up north where its cooler, Flagstaff, Williams, Showlow area etc!!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 12:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff View Post
Last week I saw a grey coupe driving northbound in far north Scottsdale on Scottsdale rd about Greenway to loop 101 area.

I've been to the Scottsdale Pavilions show several times but have not once seen another Solstice or Sky other than my own. I did see an old Opel GT there once.

Would love to get together with other Sky/Solstice owners in AZ for a ride. Of course this time of year gotta be up north where its cooler, Flagstaff, Williams, Showlow area etc!!
The Car Nuts Santa Cruz Valley Car Nuts - Tubac, Green Valley and Tucson Arizona holds a show in January in Tubac. Last year drew 3 Kappas and one coupe (mine)
A bit of a drive, but a group from Dallas Ft Worth brings 15 or so Kappas to Kerrville TX to run the Twisted Sisters. Waten this forum for Kerrville 19.

SteveBot39

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode