Lakes, Hills and the Old Chicago Road Kappa Cruise - July 28, 2013
2013 July Michigan Kappa Club Cruise - 7-28-2013 Noon-4 p.m.
Come Join the Kappa's on the “Lakes, Hills, and the Old Chicago Road” Run, sponsored by the Doc’s (Radio and X-Ray). AKA Carter and Jim. The only club run in the month of July 2013.
An All-New route from Chelsea, MI to Ann Arbor, MI
A beautiful 125 mile ride from Chelsea to Ann Arbor, MI through Washtenaw, Lenawee and Jackson Counties. Lots of winding, hilly, tree-lined roads along 30 lakes in the Irish Hills Area. Pass the Chrysler Proving Grounds, the Historic Walker Tavern, and Michigan International Speedway. See Rowes Corner, Sharon Hollow, Fishville, Leoni, Norvell, Cambridge Junction, Grass Lake and Springville.
Ride will proceed rain or shine, top up or top down.
The ride will be of the parade/caravan type. Turn-by-turn directions will be provided. Two scheduled 15 minute breaks will occur during the ride.
The ride will conclude at the Carlyle Grill in Ann Arbor, MI about 4 p.m. A fixed-price menu will be available to the group with a potential for additional choices based on group size. A private covered open-air patio has been reserved for the group. Names will be drawn at dinner for prizes.
FIXED-PRICE MENU: $14.00
Soup/Salad; Veggie Burger with Fries; Beverage
Soup/Salad; Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Fries; Beverage
Soup/Salad; Club Sandwich with Fries; Beverage
Soup/Salad; Old-Fashioned Cheeseburger with Fries; Beverage
Soup; Entrée Cobb Salad; Beverage
Soup; Newport Salad with Chicken Fingers; Beverage
Potential for Pot Roast, Meatloaf, or Hickory Smoked Ribs at a Higher Price based on group size
If any non-MKC members wish to join the ride,
please E-mail Jim at [email protected]
to ensure restaurant accomodations, door prizes and enough written materials.
Driving Directions to the Point of Origin:
From Westbound I-94:
Exit 159 – Chelsea-Manchester Road
Take the Chelsea exit which is a 180 degree turn to the right at which time you will be facing East. The exit terminates at a traffic signal. Proceed straight across Chelsea-Manchester Road into the MDOT Public Car Pool Parking Lot.
From Eastbound I-94:
Exit 159 – Chelsea-Manchester Road.
Take the Chelsea exit which is a 180 degree turn to the right at which time you will be facing West. At the stop sign, turn right and proceed 0.2 miles North (over the top of I-94) to a traffic signal. Turn right at the light into the MDOT Public Car Pool Parking Lot.
There will be NO bathroom facilities at the point of origin in the Car Pool Lot. A Mobil Station is 0.2 miles North of the Lot for fuel/BIO needs. A Big Boy, Wendy’s and McDonald’s restaurants are within 0.3 miles to the North for food/BIO needs. Additional fuel and food options can be found closer to downtown Chelsea.
1. Arrive BEFORE Noon, with a FULL tank, and an EMPTY bladder.
2. Use your turn signal so everyone in the caravan can anticipate the turns.
3. Stay in close proximity to the car ahead, so no one gets separated from the group.
4. Two-way radios will be used. About ten loaner radios are available for use by those who need one.
5. The speed limit will be observed (and occasionally adhered to, particularly in town or congested/residential areas.)
6. Collector points will follow any instances where we may momentarily become separated.
7. Solo drivers are invited to drive mid-pack, so as to be less dependent on written directions.
8. A Waiver of Liability will be available for your signature prior to receiving your "Directions Packet".
9. Organizer Cell numbers for any concerns prior to or during the ride: Jim-734.612.5400 Carter-248.231.1031