Question on using a upgraded P WERKS / DDM etc 2.0 Intercooler on a 2.4? - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Brian85
  • 1 Post By DaveOC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Question on using a upgraded P WERKS / DDM etc 2.0 Intercooler on a 2.4?

I'm running a big turbo build 2.4 and my Percision intercooler is not working what so ever. So I'm looking at the big intercooler that they make for the 2.0 rated to 675HP. My question is will it bolt into my car and will my bumper fit or what is all different in the sheet metal / mounts between the GXP and the Base 2.4 NA Cars? And what about piping? My intercooler comes out from the sides vs the top. Thanks for any help
raygun likes this.

2006 Solstice - WERKS Turbo Kit -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 11:33 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to raygun
I have the PWerks turbo kit on my '06. The intercooler brackets bolt into pre-existing threaded holes on the bottom of the big steel front bumper. It fits just fine under the stock front bumper cover, and has quite a bit more ground clearance than the "race" intercooler that I recently installed on my GXP.

The one that came with the kit, which is likely the same one that they sell separately, also has the inlet and outlet on the sides instead of the back. The kit uses a few U-shaped pipes and couplers to connect back to the turbo and throttle. All of that fit with no issues on my car.

Note that I'd be surprised if the GXP-style intercooler (with the inlet and outlet on the "back" of the intercooler rather than the sides) would fit without a bunch of extra brackets, etc.

You can kind of see the intercooler and piping coming off of the sides in this pic. Sorry for the plastic - I was painting the car.

The pipes (visible next to the intercooler) "U" towards the rear of the car, then back towards the center of the car. If it would be helpful, I can grab a few pictures under the hood when I get home.

Here's a slightly better picture, though one of the pipes was a bit crunched. Stupid road debris.

Blue-ish 2006 2.4, Werks stage 1 turbo, Borla cat-back, DDM braces, Spec aluminum flywheel, Spec stage 2 clutch, Werks aluminum radiator, some gauges, RKSport hood, Morimoto FX-Rs, GReddy Profec, Norm's fenders

'07 GXP, Werks Big Wheel K04 and tune, Solo catless downpipe, TCE Wilwood 6 piston front brakes, 4-piston rears , stainless brake lines, slotted/drilled rotors, BC Racing BR coilovers, Performance Autowerks intercooler, DDMWorks CAI, charge pipes and braces, RPM rollbar

Last edited by raygun; 02-06-2019 at 11:38 AM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 11:38 AM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
@Robotech

As I recall, Robotech added a standard GXP/Redline intercooler to his base model Sky, and there were pictures in the thread. Not sure whether that was on this forum or the Sky forum. Probably the Sky Forum.

Search both!

raygun likes this.

1st 1K - #741
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 10:59 AM

I don't get on here much but yes, the 2.0s intercooler bolts right up to our cars. Now i know on the Solstice the GXP bumper is a different shape than the 2.4NA but I don't know how this affects intercooler fit. I've been told you can get the 2.0 intercooler in with the 2.4 bumper but I don't know for certain. I did it on a Sky and there is no difference in the shape of the bumpers on that car between the 2.0 and 2.4.

07 Saturn Sky 2.4
Midnight Blue
MagnaFlow dual outlet exhaust
GMPP CAI

Info above for both my Skys. One owned from 06-07, one from 14 to present
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode