Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Cleveland Heights OH in summer, Tucson AZ in Winter
No doubt good advise
Given the minimal cost difference today, it might be wise to consider switching to the more robust GXP with engine specifically designed for use with positive pressure. Their starting point power is around where NA owners often stop improving.
This is no doubt good advise, and if I could take my car to Solstices R Us and trade it and $5000 for a similar mileage and condition GXP I would do it. But when you already own a car there are logistics problems:
- If you want a GXP coupe, the seller is likely to want twice what you want to pay.
- New car is likely to be out of town, requiring transport or a long drive.
- You have to own two cars until you sell the old one.
- Wife will notice the new car, especially if it is a different color. She won’t notice a SC.
- If wife leaves, she may take the GXP.
Winter Solstice, Tucson AZ - '09 NA Automatic Cool Silver Coupe; DDM Supercharger, MagnaFlow cat and exhaust, ESTuned; GXP sway bars, DDM chassis kit; Stoptech brakes; Michelin PSS tires; Pioneer radio w/ NAV and b/u camera. Plate SOL N AZ
Summer Solstice, Cleveland Heights OH - '09 NA Auto Mysterious Black Coupe; DDM Supercharger, MagnaFlow, DDM chassis kit, Hawk brake pads, Conti EC Sport tires on Black ASA wheels, Advent radio w/ NAV and b/u camera. Plate SOL 4 OH
Last edited by stevebot39; 12-15-2017 at 01:18 PM.