Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the following cars will be in attendance at the Detroit Intl. Auto show in Jan.? In production or proto form...

Vauxhall 220
Saturn's Capa based roadster
06' Miata
05' Boxter Coupe

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Haven't heard about the '06 miata, but if they are really going to intro it for the 06 model year, then they almost have to show it at the 05 NAIAS.

BTW, the platform is KAPPA, not capa.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
The Saturn Kappa is expected to be there. I have seen a couple of different publications indicate that it would be in attendance.

The ’05 Boxster should be there as well. All the major publications have been putting out preview stories already. Its not going to be much of a secret by January, but I cannot imagine Porsche not having it there.

The Miata, unknown. Do they intro it at Detroit? Do they wait until Chicago in February? Do they wait for the next Tokyo show for its worldwide into? Since it is still off in the future somewhat, and they have been quiet, I wouldn’t be the farm that it will be there. It is possible they will have it, but certainly not a lock.

I wouldn’t expect the Vauxhaull 220. GM is generally not in the habit of showing Vauxhauls and Opels in Detroit. Last year they had the Vauxhaul VX Lightning Kappa platform based roadster concept along with the other Kappa vehicles. However, that may have been more to judge its styling for potential use as the Saturn Kappa roadster than to promote Vauxhaul in any way.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I'm guessing the new Miata might first show at the Los Angeles Auto Show Jan 5, closer to home and all. Doubt it'd be at both shows. But this is all a guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts