Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I recently had a little to much fun with my le5, and it tossed ( or completey destroyed ) my rods. I was lucky enough to have my "brothers" father bring me an 06 le5 the same day. Now here is my problem. Everything was switched over, and all the lines and plugs are hooked up, but the car drives like crap. It bogs from 1.2-3k rpm, and i can smell the fuel like it's running rich as hell. I wanna make it to the cruise this weekend, so i need to fix this asap. it has fresh plugs, and they are gapped correctly, i also got injectors cleaned and tested. Once i get back from work i'm going to inspect the maf, and all of the lines again to make sure i forgot nothing, but as of right now this is how she sits. The replacement le5 has fresh fluids in it, and was sitting for 3 months. Could there be something going on with the ecu? Any hints or tips would be great. I want to get back home, and start checking stuff of. I hate seeing her like this :nonod:

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
You are clearly in over your head and expertise level. Take it to a mechanic with the proper instruments to see what is happening.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Scan the computer for a stored fault if you don't have a cel.

Are you still using some of your original parts like throttle body, intake manifold, injectors, maf, map, pcm? Just wondering if there is a possibility some of those parts may be either bad or different.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are clearly in over your head and expertise level. Take it to a mechanic with the proper instruments to see what is happening.

How am i clearly over in over my head? I'm asking for some info on this subject due to the fact that i'm at work, and can't continue my diagnosis while i'm in the office. You're stating i should just take my car in w.o coming to a forum that is specialized for MY vehicle, so i can take things of my list? This was done over night, so there are some issues to be had i understand, but to say that i am in clearly over my head is not kosher. I would have preffered a " here let me google that for ya " over your comment, which is zero help. Thank You :thumbs: you're awesome

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scan the computer for a stored fault if you don't have a cel.

Are you still using some of your original parts like throttle body, intake manifold, injectors, maf, map, pcm? Just wondering if there is a possibility some of those parts may be either bad or different.
i'm using the original parts, form "new" engine , and i am going to check for faults in the lines and such. I'll clear the codes when i get home. i'm not using the same injectors or pcm. I'll take a peek once i get back home. It's a bit hectic, we didn't expect the engine to go like it did, and this was swapped out in one night. i'm hoping its related to the maf, or something else that's not a huge Pita. :brentil:

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
How am i clearly over in over my head?
You are soliciting guesses of what might be happening from a bunch of amateurs on an internet group instead of scanning the car (or having it scanned) to see what is actually happening. QED. No offence intended.

·
Registered
263 Posts
You are soliciting guesses of what might be happening from a bunch of amateurs on an internet...
Not an amateur here, certainly no expert, but i look at it like a practicing doctor on a car...

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
Not an amateur here, certainly no expert, but i look at it like a practicing doctor on a car...
I'm pretty sure that the range of people on here goes all the way from those who wouldn't know which end a a wrench to put on a bolt through gifted amateurs (I'd put myself in this category - building race engines for 40 years) to true professionals that make, or made their living at this sort of thing.

My point was that this is like all the people I see asking (literally, although it is hard to believe) if some symptom they have might mean they have cancer instead of consulting someone that really will know. Always wonder if someone that knows zero about it posts back that they couldn't have cancer, would they take that as truth and not bother seeking help....

We see it all the time here - someone posts asking his buds for advice on why a part isn't working for him, instead of simply sending an email to the business that sold it to him, that will have the definitive answer ready. Must be some sort of urge to socialize that subordinates what should be the primary goal of getting a useful answer to a problem?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I put an 05 le5 from a g6 in my sky last year. Depending on what the engine came from
The intake and throttle body are slightly different but connectors plugged in. i had similar electrical isues till i swapped out all sensors and throttle body that was specific to my car
Pm me if you have any further questions my car now has a V8

·
Registered
257 Posts
^

I swapped an '08 LE5 into my '06 HHR. The reason I asked about about slight variances in parts are exactly what coop just said. When I swapped engines I used all my original injectors, intake manifold, throttle body, maf, map and pcm because I knew there were slight variances through the years on the LE5 and because I knew they were good.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I put an 05 le5 from a g6 in my sky last year. Depending on what the engine came from
The intake and throttle body are slightly different but connectors plugged in. i had similar electrical isues till i swapped out all sensors and throttle body that was specific to my car
Pm me if you have any further questions my car now has a V8
See this is what i was looking for thank you! like i said i did not run the codes yet, but i will keep this in mind. :) Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm pretty sure that the range of people on here goes all the way from those who wouldn't know which end a a wrench to put on a bolt through gifted amateurs (I'd put myself in this category - building race engines for 40 years) to true professionals that make, or made their living at this sort of thing.

My point was that this is like all the people I see asking (literally, although it is hard to believe) if some symptom they have might mean they have cancer instead of consulting someone that really will know. Always wonder if someone that knows zero about it posts back that they couldn't have cancer, would they take that as truth and not bother seeking help....

We see it all the time here - someone posts asking his buds for advice on why a part isn't working for him, instead of simply sending an email to the business that sold it to him, that will have the definitive answer ready. Must be some sort of urge to socialize that subordinates what should be the primary goal of getting a useful answer to a problem?
i understand that you as a professional are tired of this, and i understand your frustration. I work with medicare, and i hate it when somebody just comes up to me and goes of asking stupid questions, instead of getting with an expert on the actual subject. so with that being said i do see where you are coming form, and i'm sorry i will wait till i get home. I'm just so upset that the original engine decided that it no longer wanted to power my car.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alright i checked my plugs, wires, and and put all of the " 08 " sensors back on. -__- she runs fine. one plug was loose, and click. Checked the codes, and all i'm getting is emissions. So we are back to putting the other stuff back on, and picking up where we left of before the last one decided to go. 1st order of business will be taking the old engine apart. Pictures will come!!!

·
Super Moderator
16,399 Posts
I generally try to limit my inputs to humor, entertainment or something I know for a fact. I ascribe to the new mantra of feeling free to not participate in a discussion where I have nothing to contribute.

Just saying . . . .

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
I'm just so upset that the original engine decided that it no longer wanted to power my car.
No problem, I can see where you are coming from and it is not the usual thing that I cited before. I hope you get sorted out. Sorry if you thought I'd jumped on you with both feet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts