Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are a few shots of the Solstice with the MagnaFlow cat-back exhaust system:

FEATURES:
Satin Polished 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Tubing
Mirror Polished Stainless Steel Custom Core 5 x 8 x 18" Muffler
Mirror Polished 4" Double Wall Stainless Steel Slash Cut Tip
Reduced Mass from OEM (MagnaFlow part weights in at 25 lbs to the OEM's 32)

MAGNAFLOW features fewer and smoother bends and NO crushes or deformation to the pipe. See after the second bend the factory unit has nearly a 1" crush in the pipe. MagnaFlow eliminates this crush and reduces the angles of the bends providing enhanced flow. Also note the rear section of the OEM pipe has many large sharp bends. The MagnaFlow system reduces the angles and provides a smoother path into the muffler aside form the harsh 90" angle cut entrance of the OEM.

DYNO CHART DATA:

SOUND CLIPS:

REV (5000/5700/6500) AND LAUNCH

DRIVE BY 1st to 2nd upshift

IN CAR 1st to 2nd to 3rd

MAGNAFLOW WEBSITE DATA SHEET:

www.magnaflow.com

Please check with Forum Sponsors for sales information and pricing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LS2 Solstice said:
Can you tell me what is stamped on that stock muffler??? Whata stupid design by GM

thanks
Jay
The OEM system has GM stamped in the middle and the muffler is made by BOSAL.

·
Premium Member
10,465 Posts
That is not a fair comparison, the comparison should be to the GM/Pontiac CatBack and not the stock.

·
Registered
142 Posts
LatinVenom said:
That is not a fair comparison, the comparison should be to the GM/Pontiac CatBack and not the stock.
Being that the car is NOT offered with the GMPP (General Motors Performance Parts) exhaust from factory, it does seem like a fair and actually quite standard test. I will interject that standard baseline testing is not done with aftermarket parts installed. The GMPP part CANNOT be offered on the car as it is NOT complaint to OE standards ... otherwise it would be a build sheet option and not a Dealer installed part. No GMPP part is covered under your factory warranty for this reason as well.

I would also entertain the notion that no OFFICIAL documented performance gains are even published with the GMPP part. I don't know if their are any honestly but I can't find anything to support it either. I could find a pretty picture though ...GMPP EXHAUST ... still looks like a solid works rendering ... Has anyone been able to get their hands on one?

I still like this hardtop proto ....

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Are you sure those wheels are supposed to be on that Solstice?

·
Registered
393 Posts
gmag211 said:
The OEM system has GM stamped in the middle and the muffler is made by BOSAL.
I thought that someone here said that borla made the stock exhaust system.?? Besides that , I think the comparison is exactly what it should be. The stock against the aftermarket, that's the point right?? Now if someone wants to do the GMPP against the Magnaflow or another system that's cool too.. That's all good information.

P.S. I wasn't too excited about a 4 inch tip, but it actually looks really good.

Jay

·
Registered
142 Posts
LS2 Solstice said:
I thought that someone here said that borla made the stock exhaust system.?? Besides that , I think the comparison is exactly what it should be. The stock against the aftermarket, that's the point right?? Now if someone wants to do the GMPP against the Magnaflow or another system that's cool too.. That's all good information.

P.S. I wasn't too excited about a 4 inch tip, but it actually looks really good.

Jay
The 4" tip was only chosen because of the way it fits in the cutout. 4" seems large but then again so do 20" wheels and the Solstice soaks them both up.

Borla / Corsa / MangaFlow have all made GMPP private label products at one point in time. From the looks the the current GMPP part that I found an image of, it does resemble a Borla product. The Stock part is in fact a BOSAL part.

http://www.bosal.com/international/?open=pa-exhaust.htm&lang=english

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
btlfed1500 said:
The 4" tip was only chosen because of the way it fits in the cutout. 4" seems large but then again so do 20" wheels and the Solstice soaks them both up.

Borla / Corsa / MangaFlow have all made GMPP private label products at one point in time. From the looks the the current GMPP part that I found an image of, it does resemble a Borla product. The Stock part is in fact a BOSAL part.

http://www.bosal.com/international/?open=pa-exhaust.htm&lang=english
Are you Bottle Fed as in STS dealer Bottle Fed?

·
Premium Member
10,465 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts