Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
may sound like stupid question but here goes,looking to convert to dual outlet exhaust from single outlet ,plan on buying a norms rear diffuser with dual outlets. my question is do i just go to any good muffler shop and get muffler with dual outlets. as i can see positioning of muffler on car as stock may cause problems with space.any help would be appreciated also would like to have some input as to which brand would give a little louder than stock note. i.e borla,magnaflow etc..

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
navarre63,
That is what I did except I installed a gxp rear fascia. Then I had a muffler shop install a magnaflo muffler and tips. They used the same hangers and the job looked stock. Great sound and looks in my opinion.

John G, aka, Rx4theSol

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Just stick a fake pipe on the other side for the same look. Way cheaper than a new exhaust system and the same effect on power - nil.

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Till you drive it around on a cold day and only get vapor from one side, then it just looks dumb.
Actually, I've noticed vapour coming out of only one outlet on dual outlet systems, including the GXP.

But yes, if that bothers one, it means you'd have to go to a true dual system (maybe with a Mk3 vapour producer that ensures equal distribution to avoid being thought a pillock that has a fake outlet on one side?) ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
There are a few exhaust kits that you might want to consider. Magnaflow, Solo and RPI exhaust kits are real popular with the kappa community. All good choices really, you just need to find one that meets your performance and sound expectations. Happy hunting.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
I suggest SOLO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts